• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Trubbish, Garbodor, Klefki, Eiscue, Koffing, Weezing and I could continue

LittleSnowyOne

I love Dima
    Years
    • Age 33
    • she/her
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    I adore Bergmite. It has a cute face and an adorable cry. I want to shiny hunt them after I get Solosis.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Qwilfish! I would definitely want to own one if they'd be real.

Some other that I don't know whether they're popular or not: Victreebel, Drapion, Tentacruel, Slowbro, Walrein, Jellicent, Mightyena and Mandibuzz

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • I love Galarian Meowth because it reminds me a lot of my real-life cat, Soot Sprite. Long, dark fur, huge yellow eyes, and dangerously sharp claws.

I don't know how popular/unpopular it actually is, though. I sometimes hear complaints about there being "too many cat Pokemon" or "not another regional variant!" and Meowth is not only a cat Pokemon but has two regional variants so I don't know...

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm pretty keen on Camerupt, and I've used it before in many Hoenn-based playthroughs in the past as well as a few other games. I assume it isn't particularly popular, especially as a Mega Pokémon, due to its slow speed as well as its 4x weakness to Water-type attacks.

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Tentacruel, Murkrow, Trubbish, Mantine, Beheeyem, Cacturne, and maybe some more.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I really love Charizard, and I personally think it's a pretty underrated Pokémon. It's probably because it hasn't had much screentime on the anime, which is where most of the Pokémon fans come from. Greninja and Garchomp are also among my favorite Pokémon of all time and are super underrated as well.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • This thread is so heart warming! I love that Leafeon, Bidoof and Lumineon are getting love! And folks like Camerupt and Garbodor too? Superb, keep it up :D

Anyway, I missed putting in my dear Crobat and Floatzel. These two mean a lot to me, and Floatzel is simply priceless (help, nostalgia has slammed me!). I overused Floatzel in my Pearl playhtrough, because I assumed Floatzel would further evolve into something that I codenamed Aquazel (Insert laugh track), and it was the leader of my team for a long time till Infernape, my top favourite took over.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    I wouldn't say I love many Pokémon who are hated, not many are hated anyway, but I think I love ones who are often overlooked, for instance:

Kanto- Sandshrew and Sandslash
    Johto- Whole Chikorita line, Corsola, Girafirig, Sudowoodo.
    Hoenn- Seedot line, Hariyama, Wailord(always ends up on my team), Tropius(seems to never get talked about)
    Sinnoh- Probopass
    Unova- Bisharp, Druddigon, Axew line, Beartic line.
    Kalos- Chespin line including Quilladin.

Got nothin for Alola and Galar, feels like it is too early to know the overall opinions on those two, but I will say I don't get all the love for Mimikyu. Interesting concept, but other than that, it's just kinda okay.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've posted here before but I have some more pokemon to mention that deserve so much more love.

Pachirisu

Pachirisu is simply adorable. It has great defenses and is by far the superior Pikachu-clone.

Liepard

This feline pokemon is so absolutely gorgeous and regal! My favourite dark-type of all time, as well as one of my favourite pokemon overall.

Masquerain

Masquerain is so lovely. It has such gorgeous wings and has a unique design for a bug-flying type. It really has grown on me over the past few years and it's now presently among my favourite bug-types. I adore Surskit as well.

Beautifly

If you know me well, you'll know that Beautifly is my second favourite pokemon. I love it so much. It's just the cutest thing and its role in the anime made me adore it even more. Also shoutout to Vivillon.

Cherrim

Such a lovely and sweet pokemon. I want ten of them! They seem so cheery and joyful and there's nothing to dislike about Cherrim. It deserves so much more love!

Audino

Audino is really cute. It's grown on me considerably especially due to its mega evolution. It gets overlooked often, as it may not be the best pokemon statistically, but it's still lovable.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey hey! Might as well post some other Pokes I love since it's been a long time since I posted in this thread.

Dustox
    As much as I hate moths in real life, Dustox is just a super cutie. I prefer it over Beautifly and over most of the beginning bug-types throughout the games (aside from Beedrill). It's unfortunate that Dustox is so useless in battle because I would love to actually be able to use it.

Stantler
    Awww, he's such a cutie, I just love him! I wish they could've done SOMETHING with him 'cuz he's just so adorable, but because he's kinda useless, most people don't care for him. But look at that adorable little buuuutt ; 0;

Raticate
    Maybe I've just got a love for rats, or maybe I appreciate Raticate because he got me out of some tight jams when I was a kid, but I gotta love its Kantonian design. He's so stubby and cute and just looks all mad all the time. Gotta love a design that looks perpetually angry. Plus, those teeth are just brutal.

Mightyena
    Ah, Mightyena, one of the most forgotten dark-types. But he's in luck 'cuz I love him! Sure, he may be completely useless in battle, yes he may be taken down in just a few hits because he's so brutal, but I love his dark design. He's like a wolf/hyena hybrid, two of my favorite animals put into one design. And he's black. I really like black :3 He's one of my fan character trainer's old Pokémon, who she nicknamed Buddy. Buddy has a very special place in both of our hearts.
    Bonus pic:

Skiddo & Gogoat
    And finally, Skiddo & Gogoat! Sure, not exactly a single entry, but they're in the same line so I might as well talk about them both! While they're kind of just seen as a taxi and generally forgotten about after, I find that I have a fondness for these Pokémon. I love their grassy backs and necks, and I adore goats as well. Skiddo has such cute little bitty horns and an adorable disposition, then Gogoat has this formidable, powerful look, with the huge horns and gargantuan body. They both look like some cuddly bois to me, though. And they probably smell of nature and grass, which I adore. Yet another Poke that my trainer character has. She's Evergreen, a hyperactive Gogoat that the trainer, Rin, had gotten as an even more hyperactive Skiddo. She's a sweetpea, though.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hey hey! Might as well post some other Pokes I love since it's been a long time since I posted in this thread.

Dustox
    As much as I hate moths in real life, Dustox is just a super cutie. I prefer it over Beautifly and over most of the beginning bug-types throughout the games (aside from Beedrill). It's unfortunate that Dustox is so useless in battle because I would love to actually be able to use it.

YES! I loved Jessie's Dustox in the anime. Obviously, while I prefer Beautifly, I do still love its moth counterpart. I recall using Dustox years ago in Pearl when my Wurmple evolved into Cascoon rather than Silcoon and I decided to stick with it. Dustox actually was relatively useful, especially earlier on in the game. I've also used Beautifly in countless games and have assassinated some really powerful Pokémon with it (including Cynthia's Roserade and Milotic). I'd assume that if trained properly, Dustox could be just as useful, despite its fragility.

Mightyena
    Ah, Mightyena, one of the most forgotten dark-types. But he's in luck 'cuz I love him! Sure, he may be completely useless in battle, yes he may be taken down in just a few hits because he's so brutal, but I love his dark design. He's like a wolf/hyena hybrid, two of my favorite animals put into one design. And he's black. I really like black :3 He's one of my fan character trainer's old Pokémon, who she nicknamed Buddy. Buddy has a very special place in both of our hearts.
    Bonus pic:

I also have always loved Mightyena. It's often overlooked but I do really like its design. It looks absolutely terrifying and I love it.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Maybe I might be slightly biased but I have a feeling Scrafty is underrated. In terms of Dark-types, people always talk about Umbreon, Hydreigon, Zoroark, and Greninja while Fighting-types people talk about Lucario, Gallade, Blaziken, and Infernape. Scrafty honestly has a simple concept of baggy pants that is merged wonderfully with a lizard and it is a fun Pokemon all around. There are people who find it ugly but I think its "ugliness" is part of its charm while looking cool, tough, and cute at the same time. Fairies and power creep doesn't help with its competitiveness either but Dynamax did help make it more fun to use.

I love Heliolisk too but I don't see a lot of people bringing it up for discussion despite it being in top 30 in Kalos for the official Pokemon poll. I just love how happy and cute it is while also looking cool, how all its abilities take advantage of weather, its shiny is "overheated", and a nice blend of being a frilled lizard mixed with both the mythological basilisk and real life one.

Other mons I like are Archeops, Mightyena, Cradily, Trubbish line, Sigilyph, Huntail, Swalot, Probopass, and much more.

Years
  • Dunsparce, Farfetch'D, Chinchou & Lantern, Qwilfish, Vigoroth, Vanillite line (I thought they were really cute!)
    That's all I can think of or remember that what I liked when I was younger.

There's a few others but I'm not sure if they're considered unpopular or not.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Alolan Exeggutor. Yes I've even used that Dragon as well lmao. I had the expected opinion going in, but man is that guy a tank! My biggest rules in pokemon is "don't knock it until you've tried it, and looks aren't everything. "

The applies perfectly here. Hits hard, great defense, has plenty of powders and spores, and really just lacks in speed and that's it.

I'm probably also one of the only ones ever to like those 3 monkeys. BW2, I had all of them, near lv 90. They were fast and useful for the gameplay being, water, fire, and grass.

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • I love Skwovet and Greedent. They are so fat and adorable I can't stand it (and yes I'm biased as heck because I love squirrels). So far I use mine more often than any of my other Pokemon in Sword. 😂 (I'm only in the early game but still!)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Palpitoad. It's just a really goofy, lovable Pokémon.

But Charjabug? I feel like Charjabug doesn't get enough love, especially how people nowadays are treating Snom and Pyukumuku. I've used it twice in my gameplays and it's a surprisingly effective Pokémon, especially with Eviolite.

Back