• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Alright, I'm just gonna ask this question, no matter how stupid it may sound. I don't know a ton about programming, so I don't know if this would be possible, but, in the future, would it be possible to have the event to available for all different language games, as an international event where anyone could download the pokémon/item/whatever at the same time? I realize there would be some stuff that they would have to tweak/figure out, like how all of them would be in the same language, but I think it would be a cool idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Alright, I'm just gonna ask this question, no matter how stupid it may sound. I don't know a ton about programming, so I don't know if this would be possible, but, in the future, would it be possible to have the event to available for all different language games, as an international event where anyone could download the pokémon/item/whatever at the same time? I realize there would be some stuff that they would have to tweak/figure out, like how all of them would be in the same language, but I think it would be a cool idea.

Of course it would be possible for an event to be released simultaneously around the world, if it were for one of the games already released worldwide. Also, the Secret Key event in Japan was technically available worldwide, since it can be transferred over from Japanese to English versions...but as for a single event that can be downloaded by every version, I doubt it could be done due to the language barriers.

Really!!!!!:)When Was It Released Is It For The Japanese Version Only?.....

Yes, it was released yesterday for only the Japanese version.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Of course it would be possible for an event to be released simultaneously around the world, if it were for one of the games already released worldwide. Also, the Secret Key event in Japan was technically available worldwide, since it can be transferred over from Japanese to English versions...but as for a single event that can be downloaded by every version, I doubt it could be done due to the language barriers.

Well that's ehh. But okay.

Anyways, I was told that just like with any other event, you can trade over the Jirachi, start a new game and get more. Is that true? Gah, I'm having a n00b day today.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well that's ehh. But okay.

Anyways, I was told that just like with any other event, you can trade over the Jirachi, start a new game and get more. Is that true? Gah, I'm having a n00b day today.

Of course it is, as long as the Jirachi is still being given out.

Years
    any events that are happening in america that would be over the wifi excluding rotom's secret key? i think i saw somewhere that a jirachi is going to be the first wifi pokemon given away over the wifi somewhere in japan, is it true and if it is when is the jirachi coming to america?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    any events that are happening in america that would be over the wifi excluding rotom's secret key? i think i saw somewhere that a jirachi is going to be the first wifi pokemon given away over the wifi somewhere in japan, is it true and if it is when is the jirachi coming to america?

Most likely not at all. Most Japanese events don't come to America. However, if you have a Japanese copy of D/P/Pt, you can get the Jirachi, as it is being given away through wi-fi.

Nah, no American wi-fi events are currently being held.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    anyone have any information on upcoming platinum wi-fi events? like the dates and stuff...

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    actually a couple of days ago i tried mystery gift on platinum, and the rotom wifi event was still working lol

I'm guessing you're American? The European Wi-Fi Events seem to be acting as a second release of the Secret Key for Americans. I was surprised when the Secret Key popped up on mine when I checked to see if the US had any Events running at the moment... so it looks like the Item Events for the Members Card, Oak's Letter and Azure Flute will either be held back until a suitable time for both regions or will stand as Local Store pick-up, like Shaymin was. The latter I highly doubt would happen, (the backlash from Eastern fans would be catastrophic, since all know Japan has been getting them over the WFC) so the former is very likely; particularly because of the merge.

Incidentally, the Jirachi being distributed around Japan at the moment may suffer the same fate when coming to the US and Europe because of this inter-region connectivity. Though all this is just speculation, at the moment. Nothing can be said for sure, until the Events actually happen. Or are announced, at least. I always remain cautious of Nintendo(-related) company's actions.

Back