• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Update! Pokemon heart gold and soul silver 5/16/09

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    My first thought when I saw was to make them seem like more lively, and specially Totodile, if I recall correctly, wasn't Totodile all over the place constantly moving in the anime? Maybe they tried to mimic that.
    Yes, he was really hyper in the anime, I guess Cyndaquil will be timid, and I don't really know about Chikorita.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    In the clips where Gold's walking around with Chikorita, it moves like that too.
    It's not just Totodile.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    I lol'd when they fell down while the people in full size Pokémon suits stood around acting all dignified. Maybe that part would have made more sense if I could understand what they were saying.

But I did hear the music! And it made me smile. Other than that, I am having a growing suspicion that the only Pokémon able to follow you around will be your starter in its first evolution. :( Prove me wrong, Game Freak.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    I said it in Todoroki Is's thread, but I'll say it here: Azalea's theme sounds awesome here. It was one of my favorite themes (more so after hearing the sung version), and I'm glad it's getting done justice. (Dunno why one of the YouTube commenters said it's awful. :/) The bit of Elm's Lab that we heard was also great, and I can't wait to hear some of the other themes in the coming weeks. Especially looking forward to Goldenrod's, Ecruteak's, and Routes 26 and 38.

Years
    The music in Elm's lab seems a touch too "modern" sounding.

The sprites for the starters also seem rather glossy-looking, which is strange. We'll have to see how they look in native quality on the DS screen.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hurrah for another video. It didn't reveal much else that was new - bar the music. The thing I hate about the music though is that they have to shout Japanese at me during the music, and they only gave short pieces.

But what I heard I liked. I wasn't quite won oer by New Bark Town's rather slow remix, but Azalea Town's music was quite good, and seem to capture the old version's excellence as well, IMO; from what I could here leastways. Elm's lab was harder and possibly not as good, IMO, but seemed all right? Didn't like it as much as Azelea Town though.

And meh @ youtube commenters. Not exactly the greatest source of intelligance at times (no offence to anyone) - there isn't a decently-watched video where people DON'T complain about something...

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I said it in Todoroki Is's thread, but I'll say it here: Azalea's theme sounds awesome here. It was one of my favorite themes (more so after hearing the sung version), and I'm glad it's getting done justice. (Dunno why one of the YouTube commenters said it's awful. :/) The bit of Elm's Lab that we heard was also great, and I can't wait to hear some of the other themes in the coming weeks. Especially looking forward to Goldenrod's, Ecruteak's, and Routes 26 and 38.
    I think that was self answered. Youtube commenters tend to have the short end of the intelligence stick.

I liked Elm's lab theme. It gives off a really quirky, upbeat feeling, which fit's Elm's spastic personality a lot.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    That chimchar always manages to make me laugh!
    Yay! New sprites!
    I liked the starter selecting screen.
    Music is win. :D

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Looks really good, and really makes me want to find a cart with a replaced battery on ebay to hold me over till this is released stateside.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I loved the joke when the guys goes its not hoothoot is it? XD
    And also I love the music. Elms is a bit wanky but what can we do. Also I love how none of you noticed that the mart has a blue flag. So the PC would have a red one no? Also shouldn't we have a Pokemon Sunday thread in 1 piece? I mean as Serebii stated there will be new footage every week do it would be logical to have 1 thread for Pokemon Sunday in general.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This video was really nice, and I wish they made a show like this around other countries as well.

- The sprites are looking great, especially Cyndaquil, it looks simply adoring.
    - The sprites being so lively, I actually like it, because it doesn't make it look dead still when it's known most Pokémon are always on the move.
    - The music sounds really nice, and I'm looking foward to the rest of it.
    - The Lugia and Ho-Oh art, I'll say it again, it's really nice. The more they use it, the more I think it'll be the new box art cover for the two games as well.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Azalea sounds awesome. An updated version of the G/S/C soundtrack will be a definite addition for my collection XD

Back