• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Update! Pokemon heart gold and soul silver 5/16/09

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They fell back after seeing that screen because of how different it is compared to the originals. I was blown away when comparing the differences too.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years

I can't help but wonder if every pokemon fan is easily amused in this case. That starter choice footage looks as exciting as watching pokemon Battle Revolution vids on youtube (especially the one that took 21 mins. good god!)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    People are excited for the new vids because it shows them news that is well different from the past games. I see nothing wrong with being fascinated by it really.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Its...honestly nothing to get excited for. If picking starters had something...you know...new then maybe yeah I could see (well not really having them fall backwards all fake like but still....) but seeing a new screen for picking starters is nothing.

Then again, im not fluent in japanese so who knows what they're getting drunk over.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It's a Japanese tv show aimed at kids, full of people dressed as Lucario and Chimchar (which have the inability to fall over badly, it seems), and so forth. Hardly surprising that they act like that - especially if you consider that they may be underpaid/overpaid. XD Sure it's a bit cringe worthy for many of use not used to Japanese shows like that, but that's how they go, I suppose.

Personally though I love some other reactions they have, out of sheer amusement. After all, people shouting 'CHIKORITA!' and 'LUGIA! LUGIA! OHHHHHHHHHHHH!' with such enthusiasm isn't something one sees everyday.

The guy with that dodgy moustache though...hmm. Odd.

As for the rest of us and our ractions to the games - well, given it's a remake of an old game which for many were the best ever made, and all - one tends to get excited, I suppose. Especially comparing certain things with the old GSC - suddenly, out of the blue you find out your starter follows you, the graphics look a good deal better, awesome-sauce stuff like Gold returns, improvements over D/P/Pt can already be seen (weather effects in New Bark Town), and to boot many are in favour of the new versions of the tunes as well. And it's a Pokemon game as well - of course people are going to get excited. XD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I say if someone was in a down mood, this show would be good to raise their spirits and give them a good laugh. The Chimchar and Lucario constumes always give me a little giggle.

Anyway, how else would they make choosing the starters new from the past but making it a new look?

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Anyway, how else would they make choosing the starters new from the past but making it a new look?

PLENTY of ways. Lets say there was some explosion in the lab. They could have them being scattered in a few routes, you go in a certain part of the route, pick the pokemon, the female trainer goes around helping you, she finds the weaker of your own, you go on an errand to find the last one, train a while, and find out your rival picked a stronger one. Tho that would destroy the rival's awesome factor as he stole it from the lab, not in the wild. Or so..

but THATS something else at least. Just a new "choose your starter" screen is NOTHING to get excited over.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    I think the marching Pokemon may be a permanent thing...kinda like it is in the Ds versions of Digimon. Eithervway I'll be comfortable with it LOL, Silver was my very first pokemon game and since then my love towards pokemon has grown from there so I definitely can't wait for these two games to come out.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    PLENTY of ways. Lets say there was some explosion in the lab. They could have them being scattered in a few routes, you go in a certain part of the route, pick the pokemon, the female trainer goes around helping you, she finds the weaker of your own, you go on an errand to find the last one, train a while, and find out your rival picked a stronger one. Tho that would destroy the rival's awesome factor as he stole it from the lab, not in the wild. Or so..

but THATS something else at least. Just a new "choose your starter" screen is NOTHING to get excited over.

Well lets put it this way, how else is there a better way for choosing your starter other than a nice new touch screen addition, without changing the beginning storyline from the originals. Really, it's a nice look for the game.

As for the starter, I predict they just might run with you like in PMD, it seems like a good idea to implement.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Well lets put it this way, how else is there a better way for choosing your starter other than a nice new touch screen addition, without changing the beginning storyline from the originals.

I just named one way >_>. Well let me revise it.

Lets say Prof. Elm calls you out of bed, and says he has an emergency, and needs you and the female trainer to go out and help him find the pokemon that ran away scared from the explosion. You find at least one of them in route 29 (they're scattered in different spots), the one you find and press A on becomes your starter while soul (yeck) finds the one weaker to yours, and elm finds the last one, and brings him back to the lab. Then soul goes back home, and gets the call from Mr. Pokemon (some part of me wants them to change that guy's name...cause it sounds ridiculous). Then the pokemon you found follows you, and then the rival appears outside the window, soul notices him, and tries to talk with him, he knocks her out of the way, you continue not giving a crap, and do basically the same thing as before.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    in the video at 3:04, there was johto and sinnoh pokemon- wdut? (what do you think that means)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    in the video at 3:04, there was johto and sinnoh pokemon- wdut? (what do you think that means)

It could just simply mean that Sinnoh Pokémon could be allowed either before or after [hard to tell right now] in the game.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Nothing. You are back on the times. Those are the pokemon in the movie. Most of them except the starters and the pichus are ash dawn and brocks pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    @ Psyburn, your beginning stories still make distance away from the original GS beginning story. I don't see it happening that way, and the new look is pretty nice and can add some excitement to many people, even if it is a simple and small difference.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Nothing. You are back on the times. Those are the pokemon in the movie. Most of them except the starters and the pichus are ash dawn and brocks pokemon.
    well, you can't really call me back on the times since i don't watch the show or movies

Years
    I really laughed when the guy thought Ho-oh was Hoothoot. And then I laughed at their falling, because they exxagerate so much...

As for the music, I'd have to agree with everyone else. The Azalea theme made me hum and I like the swings in Elm's lab.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I want these musics to become available. Anyway, I never had gotten the Hoothoot joke until the post above pretty much explained it to me, Japanese is hard for me to understand. xD

Back