• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [Updated] UB-02 offical art, images, names released

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    So who else thinks that the reason Beauty and Absorption are both called UB-02 (besides version exclusives) is cuz they are two halves of a single Ultra Beast? I mean that's what I think anyway.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm getting Sun but I really don't want Expansion ;-;. He looks like Mosquito from Soul Eater lmao.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So who else thinks that the reason Beauty and Absorption are both called UB-02 (besides version exclusives) is cuz they are two halves of a single Ultra Beast? I mean that's what I think anyway.

I think it could be this, or because it's got 2 major forms. Maybe if a UB-03 exists it'll have 3 forms, and maybe even be the boss UB.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If you have Sun then you'll encounter UB-02 Absorption whilst if you have Moon you'll encounter UB-02 Beauty. Could this mean that the games will have slightly altered plots?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    If you have Sun then you'll encounter UB-02 Absorption whilst if you have Moon you'll encounter UB-02 Beauty. Could this mean that the games will have slightly altered plots?

Well we already know the totem pokemon change, so yes.

Also, I think all UBs look like fish. Beauty could be a shellfish, while the other could be a lobster (it has those antennae and it is red)

Years
  • Well we already know the totem pokemon change, so yes.

Also, I think all UBs look like fish. Beauty could be a shellfish, while the other could be a lobster (it has those antennae and it is red)

After UB-02BEAUTY came out of that portal and didn't fly with that big veil on top of its head led me to think UB-02BEAUTY is a Silverfish.

UB-02ABSORPTION could be based on a female mosquito with a lobster + human arms? I don't know it's so... mixed up like Type:Null.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • One thing I noticed is on the version from Pokemon's Instagram account it shows Hala there (I don't think he was there during the normal trailer) so it seems like the Kahunas might play a big role in the story too (THANK YOU, THIS IS WHY GEN 5 WAS GREAT). Anyways rest in peace Taku Koko because there is no way he could survive an attack from Expansion the titan.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Have anyone noticed Hala in the background of the video ?
    I wonder if Island Kahuna has the power to summon and command Island Guardian.
    After all , We did saw Hala with Tapu kapo in the early trailer.
    Maybe , Kahuna uses Island Guardian to fight the player for Grand Trial.

So , If Anime follows that then Island Guardian will be really weak on Anime Or Ash will be Incredibly Super-strong in S/M series.

Question , How fast is Near Light-Speed ? Can we atleast believe UB-02 Beauty to move at near Speed of Light ? If Topu Kapo can keep up with her then it will confirm Topu Kapo to move near Light-Speed.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Question , How fast is Near Light-Speed ? Can we atleast believe UB-02 Beauty to move at near Speed of Light ? If Topu Kapo can keep up with her then it will confirm Topu Kapo to move near Light-Speed.

Dex entries and flavour text over exaggerate things, so I would take those specific measurements with a grain of salt and just take the essence - that UB-02 Beauty moves super fast.

So I feel like this theme is easier to notice now that we have the official artwork and a trailer of the UB:02 forms. Is anybody noticing an insect themes between these two varying forms?

Oh yeah now that you mention it I definitely see it. I think the translucency of Beauty's hair/glow adds to that insect aura.

Back