• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [Updated] UB-02 offical art, images, names released

blue

gucci
Years
  • Well, it certainly makes for some great speculation. From a standpoint, it looks like these games are going to have a really substantial plot, hopefully, which we won't know about until actually playing the games. I'd love to discover the mystery behind the Ultra Beasts and the Aether Foundation in-game rather than beforehand.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I first thought Ultra Beasts were humans, like Lillie and Lusamine, but... I think my opinion changed. I think the humans are still humans, but the Ultra Beasts pose as them as well. Maybe Lusamine will start acting evil, but in reality, it's UB-02 Beauty posing as her, which makes us believe Lusamine is bad? I don't know @.@

Years
  • Well that was certainly disappointing. But hey, more news on the 20th.

I would almost say that the UB's are the Pale Race from the Rainbow Prophecy, but Expansion kinda takes that theory away. I still believe these games will be inspired by the Rainbow Prophecy.

It is very possible that someone in the Aether Foundation is the evil. And I think it could be the Old Man or the Happy Happy woman that I don't know her name of. I mean the old guy screams, EVIL! to me. And I don't trust the woman no one has really spoken about.

You mean Faba and Wicke? Hmm... they could be the ones that made Type:Null. I don't know though... Wicke seems to sweet, sweet enough to love the most abomination that the Aether Foundation created. WHO KNOWS! Time will tell.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • You mean Faba and Wicke? Hmm... they could be the ones that made Type:Null. I don't know though... Wicke seems to sweet, sweet enough to love the most abomination that the Aether Foundation created. WHO KNOWS! Time will tell.

Aye those 2. One thing I have yet to see in Pokemon I would love to see is the lower people betraying the leader for evil. So far in pokemon, we have had nothing but the evil leader with followers, but nothing for someone betraying the leader to make them look evil.

Years
  • If UB's do come from another universe/dimension, maybe they are the alternate-universe/dimension counterparts to their "associated character." Like in the universe/dimension they hail from, there aren't humans, but UB's.

I was almost thinking about this. So basically they are the alternate dimension versions of Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie, as shown by their shared blonde hair and green eyes, along with the mentioned resemblances especially involving Lusamine/UB-02 Beauty and Lillie/UB-01. While Gladion's design doesn't show much resemblance to UB-02 Expansion, it does have his outfit's color scheme.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I was almost thinking about this. So basically they are the alternate dimension versions of Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie, as shown by their shared blonde hair and green eyes, along with the mentioned resemblances especially involving Lusamine/UB-02 Beauty and Lillie/UB-01. While Gladion's design doesn't show much resemblance to UB-02 Expansion, it does have his outfit's color scheme.

It still leaves a lot of unanswered questions, such as why "UB-Lusamine" is exclusive to one game and "UB-Gladion" to another, and why UB-01 can not only change its shape but in its "default" form look more like Lillie than the others look in their counterparts... But it certainly is a theory I think can be considered at this point.

It certainly seems we're going to have... an extravagant plot at this point.

Sirfetch’d

I almost stayed up for this news. Glad I didn't, haha. While it is underwhelming, I can't complain too much. We've gotten so much lately and are having more coming next Tuesday. I fully expect Rockruff details then.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Dang, I was hoping for a trailer reveal. So does that mean UB-02 Beauty and Expansion will not appear in next Tuesday's trailer?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would think that the news on 20th will be UB-02 with the content from CoroCoro. They have already updated one of the websites with the UB-02 news, it can't be long before they officially reveal this batch internationally.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • To quote a post I had seen on Twitter:

"Yo dawg, that ain't no wild encounter. That's a close encounter of the 3rd Kind!"

I agree about the plot, this looks to be something on par with Gen 5 storytelling, if not moreso. I'm so excited for literally everything that these games have right now.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Honestly? Fairly boring reveal. No mention of Rockruff's new evolutions or anything like that. I hate to be a whiner as in fairness we've been getting so much news, but I don't see how it would have hurt to include the Rockruff stuff, honestly. Shrug.

Probably because CoroCoro isn't officially released yet?

Years
  • Nothing to report on that trailer, other than showing them as version exclusives and confirming the earlier report that UB-02 Expansion got renamed UB-02 Absorption in English.

Lugarugan will likely get its international reveal on Tuesday, I call now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So we did get a new trailer after all.

Anyone think the reason UB-02 Expansion was changed to "Absorption" in the English version to avoid associations with that one DK meme?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So I feel like this theme is easier to notice now that we have the official artwork and a trailer of the UB:02 forms. Is anybody noticing an insect themes between these two varying forms?
    UB:02 Beauty seems to appear to be designed based on maybe a Praying Mantis, where as UB:02 Absorption seems to appear to be designed based on maybe a Mosquito.

It's weird because UB:01 seems like a jelly fish, not really sure how that connects with the other two revealed UB's.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Is anybody noticing an insect themes between these two varying forms?
    UB:02 Beauty seems to appear to be designed based on maybe a Praying Mantis, where as UB:02 Absorption seems to appear to be designed based on maybe a Mosquito.

What did you say? It looks like a giant cockroach to me ;-; It creeps me out... But I prefer that over the mosquito on steroids xD (as a member here said)

Back