• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Upgrading to win 7

Years
  • Hey guys, with the news that Vista support will be ended, I want to update my old laptop to win 7, it's a Dell inspirion made in 2008, we had it ordered and customized for us then, but I'm wondering, would a laptop so old take win 7?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    Be sure you have the right requirement before upgrading it to 7

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • My machine is just as old as yours (Dell E6400, running with 2.80GHz @800MHz, 4GB RAM, and 250GB HDD) and it runs Win10 like a breeze [with throttlestop factored in for the rapid CPU drop; cause this thing heats like an oven without an external fan]. If you meet the minimum requirements for Windows 7, then Windows 10 should fair even better due to having better memory management and apps that are less of a strain on your Ram if that's a concern.

Years
  • Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. Windows 7's minimum specs do not differ greatly from Windows Vista's.

Back