• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

User Ranks??

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Maybe the best option is just to make is text. That way, no members would spam to get a new text as their user rank.

Also, I'm up for the image idea but only if It's for supporters. We paid to help the community so we shoudl get added perks like this. Also, you may make it a priviledge, once a user has surpassed x amount of posts. Don't tell them though, so they don't know what it is and they can't spam.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    For all the people saying that there would be too much spam or that it would be hard to distinguish staff from members look at it this way. Serebii does it and its pretty easy to tell whos staff when it say Sppf Staff right there... And the entire mods is to keep spam to a minimum so anyone who was caught spamming would just get infracted. I took the liberty of taking these images of another site that utilizes theses userranks. I am aware that this site is about Runescape. See how easy it is to distinguish between members who have only posted and members who have won special awards? The site has about 40 or so userranks and thought they have only been up for a month they have 2000 members and the spam is at an extrememly low level.

User Ranks?? User Ranks??

User Ranks?? User Ranks??

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    ok I couldn't be bothered reading after the 3rd page lol but this would kinda mean we wouldn't get to have our own unique little user thing like
    its the summer holidays 8D
    we would be the same as many people =/ maybe under the user thing

sorry but I actually forgotten the name for the user

Kyle Black

Banned
    Years
    well.. instead of us having the long conversation about it, why don't we let the staff members decide? or why don't we all get permission from some staff member and put up a voting poll and decide it ourselves?

Years
    Guys, if you really want this, you can just switch to your default usertitle. There are a number of 'Ranks' for your postcount already specified there.

Honestly, I don't think someone needs a ambiguous banner to tell people how 'important' they are when they have a post count clearly available. That, the way they post, and to a certain extent, their rep is going to give a more accurate assessment of a perspn's character.

Seriously, if you really want to stand out, then donate and get yourself a nice blue badge.

EDIT:
    well.. instead of us having the long conversation about it, why don't we let the staff members decide? or why don't we all get permission from some staff member and put up a voting poll and decide it ourselves?
    That's a fair observation, but we might as well discuss it, giving out ideas for or against it, and then the staff either takes it on board to consider, or decides against it and closes the thread. Until such time, it's safe to discuss it amongst ourselves.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Guys, if you really want this, you can just switch to your default usertitle. There are a number of 'Ranks' for your postcount already specified there.

We're not talking about the text usertitles here, we are talking about adding a little picture to each rank that would accompany the usertitles.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    We're not talking about the text usertitles here, we are talking about adding a little picture to each rank that would accompany the usertitles.

There's some ugly green forum that has those, you should totally give it a try. :)

Kyle Black

Banned
    Years
    hey is it just me? i saw whoever has 6 green thingys has there usernames on pink. so it worked..
    so i guss whoever gets 6 or more green thingys gets there username on pink.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ... Adding to Gerri, um, it's not permament. XD;

And only for a selected few o3o;

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    DAMN IT PEOPLE! You gave a dream about this last night! >:O

Fist of all. Shiny cool user bars WILL pick up the hell load of spam.

However, how about counting a few 32 x 32 pictures that accumulate depending on the post amount. Almost like the rep system does, except this will actually be controllable a bit more >.>

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    DAMN IT PEOPLE! You gave a dream about this last night! >:O

Fist of all. Shiny cool user bars WILL pick up the hell load of spam.

However, how about counting a few 32 x 32 pictures that accumulate depending on the post amount. Almost like the rep system does, except this will actually be controllable a bit more >.>
    Yeah that is a good idea but it goes against your lulz spam thing. Seriously its not going to be worse then the spam we get for blogs.(totally going to stop here cause someone will surely use me and my 6000 posts in 1 and a half year as a hipocrasy thing)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Sounds like a wonderful idea to me:) Would bring a little uniqueness to the forums and might even increase user activity :o

Artonkn

Sup.
    Years
    I love the idea.

However i don't want it to be such as 'Begining Trainer' or 'Pokemon Master'

maybe like:

0-50: Newbie
    51-100: (I don't know!!!)
    101-150: Regular

and then i can't think of others...

but ye i love the idea

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Sounds like a wonderful idea to me:) Would bring a little uniqueness to the forums and might even increase user activity :o

Yep, totally. (b'')b
    I love the idea.

However i don't want it to be such as 'Begining Trainer' or 'Pokemon Master'

maybe like:

0-50: Newbie
    51-100: (I don't know!!!)
    101-150: Regular

and then i can't think of others...

but ye i love the idea
    You could just set whatever you want instead. :D
    Also, you fail to see the original idea of this thread. :|

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I think it would be okay, but they would have to be very different to the staff/supporter userbars, I think, otherwise they lose their impact if you know what I mean...If I use Zenus as an example, maybe you could have a small badge here:

User Ranks??

Like, you could start with a red/blue badge, then get yellow, then gold/silver, then crystal, then ruby/sapphire...and so on and so on.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...are the rank bars really that striking? o_O I have to admit I don't even notice them. Is it really such a big perk to supporters (and staff, I guess) that members wouldn't be able to have it? Or is it something that needs to be so distinguishable to avoid confusion?

I've never, ever paid much attention to them so maybe I just look at them differently. (Heck, I dropped mine in favour of random text. XD)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    One of the question that came to mind when I was reading through the thread was, if this were to happen, what color would the actual image be? It can't be close to the supporter/staff colors, and already there's some problems going on between how close the supporter and moderator color. Since the staff images are already the basic colors, it's hard to really get past that unless you choose to make it something like pink or something. I think that'll eventually lead to another person bringing up that member group color since they'd have a set titlebar color and all... I dunno. I just can see this becoming a hassle. :(

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It would be possible for them to be a similar color. However, the size would have to be different. Like I said, a 64x64.

Or we can go Serebii-like and if someone is supporter or staff they don't get a rank.

Back