• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    If the elemental magic follow some logical path i can guess a few of the elemental combinations, but then again its up to colony since its his RP

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
    Hmm, I'd love to see some guesses about the mixed elements, but I have a feeling some of them will throw people off. I know I've at least mentioned two either on accident or to prevent them from being in basic element spells. In regards to how much a person can master an element it follows something like a rating system. Those with one element can earn something like a 10/10 rank, two elements can earn 8/10, three is 7/10, four is 6/10, and five is 5/10. The major benefit to learning all of the elements isn't the strength of any one element as much as the really advanced combinations, which there are plenty of. Each one of the mixed elements play by the same rule as others, though, and become weaker the more you learn past them, so a person who only knows two elements and have a mixed element would be able to master their mixed element better than a person with three elements and the same mixed element. Also, I'm using the phrase "mixed element" to prevent any combinations from being leaked (other than the ones already leaked).

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    So what you're saying is, 10/10, Earth can nuke? Or is it an 8/10 Earth×Metal?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Would air element be classified as the cold, or would earth element be used to solidify things? Also who is it Shiemi will be dueling? I figured out.

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    What Pink said, basically. :3

Hmm, I'd love to see some guesses about the mixed elements, but I have a feeling some of them will throw people off. I know I've at least mentioned two either on accident or to prevent them from being in basic element spells. In regards to how much a person can master an element it follows something like a rating system. Those with one element can earn something like a 10/10 rank, two elements can earn 8/10, three is 7/10, four is 6/10, and five is 5/10. The major benefit to learning all of the elements isn't the strength of any one element as much as the really advanced combinations, which there are plenty of. Each one of the mixed elements play by the same rule as others, though, and become weaker the more you learn past them, so a person who only knows two elements and have a mixed element would be able to master their mixed element better than a person with three elements and the same mixed element. Also, I'm using the phrase "mixed element" to prevent any combinations from being leaked (other than the ones already leaked).

Can two Mancers mix a spell to make a spell of a different element? Or does the spell have to come from only one Mancer? In fact, can Mancers mix spells at all?

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
    Hmm, I guess I should explain it more. When I use the phrase "mixed elements" it doesn't necessarily mean they mix, so no, two Mancers can not fuse spells nor is it really fusing spells (though you can develop similar spells and use them in tandem to make a combo of sorts, either individually or together). A better way to say it is that by having certain elements you unlock hidden elements.

@Songbird: Yes, mastery of single element earth can become a nuke, but even that level of mastery isn't able to fully control a spell of that magnitude (which is why nukes are so widespread, at least that's how it's explained in the RP). Dual elements are also very strong due to their more advanced concepts (the earth nuke is really just a massive amount of compression, while one example of dual element would be a chemical reconstruction of an environment into that particular dual element). This is also true of triple, quad, and quin elements. Even though the level of mastery falls off the more advanced the spell's elements are it really doesn't represent power as much as a mixture of power and control. That's one of the themes of the RP; power at the cost of control.

Edit: @Crimson: No, air does not count as cold, it is simply the air around you and the currents that move it. Earth is... complicated. Due to a lot of similarities between earth and metal there is a balancing job that goes between them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    I love how none of our characters have even started learning and we're already considering learning how to nuke stuff.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    Indeed we are... Hehe, but I guess you could say Michael and Shiemi have a lot in common... If you know where I'm going with this... Mwaahaahaa.
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnope. I have no clue what you mean.

COLONY, Y U NO POST YET?
    Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    *cough *cough Indeed, but we had good reason too, we were enjoying it haha lol.

But really, DuskLunacy, two shy hydromancers, boy meets girl scenario. I think we have the new rp couple on our hands here.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    *cough *cough Indeed, but we had good reason too, we were enjoying it haha lol.

Dualik and I were definitely enjoying putting Indy through Hell, but we still made our entire fight in two joint posts. >_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back