• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

vB has lost my business

Years

MyBB has worked pretty flawlessly for me, besides getting hacked 2 or 3 times.
    If you remember to apply updates quickly enough, then you don't have a whole lot to worry about.

I wonder if the vBulletin team realise that they are going to drive customers away? Making customers leave out of frustration is a sure-fire way to lose their business for a very long time...

I guess we just need to keep donations up.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
    If you haven't noticed, if you visit there support forum they have vB 4.0 CMS running. Go check it out. Doesn't look so bad.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I'm telling you, once I finish my home brew, then I'm going to abandon vBulletin completely. This trumps everything vB has done.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Unfortunately you've also got the personality and tact of a brick, therefore I would never use any product you release. :/

Whether or not you have a problem with me, you shouldn't hold my code accountable. I am a good coder and my personality should have nothing to do with it. You should try it before attacking me personally. But why do you think I have the personality of a brick? What did I do to you? I'd like to make this right.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
    I purchased my vb4 suite license, and you know what? I want a refund. The design is horrid, you can see it on the official website's forum it's hideous. I personally think free forums such as InvisionFree and Zetaboards look better. Pretty much the only good thing about it is that your license never expires, so no more leased license.. but that sucks for people with an owned license before this was announced.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I actually think the new design is pretty nice ¬¬
    I recommend MyBB to all of you. I think it works better than IPB, etc. It's free. It's extremely user friendly. Plus if you are good at coding, you can do virtually anything.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I honestly think it's stupid. Too much money for the software, considering it's supply and demand, not supply and demand more money. God, that made absolutely no sense. :/

But on the subject of MyBB, they're making their own mistakes, they've had basically the same layout since the forum software started, and yet they're releasing 1.6 with absolutely no theme updates, so it'll be quite a while (Meaning years) before we'll get to see 2.0. I honestly think IPB has the smartest marketing department, I mean, it's not too expensive, they keep their code and themes updated, etc.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Personally, I've always liked IPB when I ran a fan site a couple years back.

There is no way I'd be paying $300+ dollars a year for forum software.

Zenith101

boss
    Years
    4.0 newest version really looks like SMF if you ask and SMF is free. I never really liked vBulletin except that they have profile comments and that's about i

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    The free forum packages like PHPBB 3 and SMF have been more than enough for my needs, luckily.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    4.0 newest version really looks like SMF if you ask and SMF is free. I never really liked vBulletin except that they have profile comments and that's about i

You can do that with MyBB you just need a plug-in.

vBulletin is getting increasingly horrid, and expensive. I see them loosing tons of costumers soon.

Back