• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA

Are you fluent in a language other than English?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The title is Swedish and it means "We're sitting here in Ventrillo playing some DotA." From here.

I thought it would be an interesting topic to ask..what languages do you speak? What are you learning? Maybe give us an example? The last one has died.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I am learning Spanish but I have tooken two years in school so far.
    Yo aprendo Espanol pero yo hice dos anos de Espanol en escuela.
    My friend also is bagering me to learn Esperanto, I might. All I can say is "Hello, how are you doing?"
    Saluton, kiel vi fartas?​

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    i'm still learning French. I don't want to learn it though. I want to learn Japanese......
    Salut! J'utilise Google Translate à la minute! Yay!
    Graceful

Years
    I speak English and German fluently.
    Ive been learning French for some years and Ill start learning Spanish next year.

Ich hasse die deutsche Sprache, sie hört sich beschissen an und ist viel zu schwer.
    (I hate German, it sounds awfully and it's way too hard.)

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    J'etudie le francais depuis huit ans- je ne suis pas fluente, mais je peut parle un peu. Je l'aime parce que je le trouve facil.

Yeaaaah, I probably made several grammar errors there. D; But I used to be really good at French! XD (It should read: I studied French for 8 years- I'm not fluent, but I can speak a little. I like it because I find it easy.) I also took Spanish at school.

Yo entiendo el Espanol tambien, pero mi Espanol es muy mal. Dx

I know a few random Chinese and Japanese words/ phrases, too.

Ahiru wa shiroi desu. = The duck is white.
    Ahiru wa hanabi desu ka? = Is the duck a firework? (Yeaaah, don't ask.)
    Hanbao = Hamburger (Chinese)

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Jeg snakker Norsk, English and a little german.
    For the Norwegian, swedish and Danish pokefans on this site:
    Dette forumet er dødskult! :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Nup. I don't plan on learning another language. I'm done with that. :)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I speak English and I'm learning French and Irish. Dropped Spanish after primary school because... well... now that I think of it there wasn't any proper reason. I had a choice between Spanish and French and I decided I'd enjoy French more.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I know a bit of German, but I wouldn't say I'm fluent in the language.

Hallo ich heiße Hagumi. Es ist ziemlich neblig und es ist acht Uhr.
    (Hello my name is Hagumi. It is quite foggy and it is eight o' clock.)

I think I typed it correctly…

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I only know English, baby. But, as with any otaku, I knew a few Japanese words and phrases.​

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I can speak both English and my home language fluently. Working on Spanish and hopefully Italian and French in the future if I have time.

Years
    English is my native language, and I've learnt a bit of French, German and Latin through my schoolwork. I was also taught a little Swedish, as my father and stepmother live in Sweden, but, uh... I don't go there any more. :I

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The education resources in my area are lacking gravely in anything except art subjects, so no, I have never had the chance to learn a language I'd actively use.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I'm only semi-fluent in Spanish and no more than two Filipino dialects, and I've largely forgotten what little Japanese I learned in high school.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Japanese, English, and French. Been learning Japanese by myself for about.. 6 years off and on. For French, I took a year of it in school.

Where I live, the school systems are limited to the languages they can provide. (I.E. French, Spanish, and German) Although I do hope we get more German teachers since Volkswagen is making a plant here.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well, I posted earlier that I was unsure on whether or not I should learn Esperanto. I looked up the benefits of it and decided to learn Esperanto.

Back