• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    ...I just realised something about Zekrom. Remember that rumour about him being an electric type? And remember the screenshot from inside that cave with all the electricity being emitted by rocks, that some people suspected to be Zekrom's lair?

Well, what if Zekrom is based around the concept of lodestone? A lodestone or loadstone is a naturally magnetized piece of the mineral magnetite, and most of the pictures I've seen of lodestone are a similar colour to Zekrom.

This would work well with the theory that Reshiram is based on natural occuring energy (based on his torch-looking tail).

Last edited:

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • ...I just realised something about Zekrom. Remember that rumour about him being an electric type? And remember the screenshot from inside that cave with all the electricity being emitted by rocks, that some people suspected to be Zekrom's lair?

Well, what if Zekrom is based around the concept of lodestone? A lodestone or loadstone is a naturally magnetized piece of the mineral magnetite, and most of the pictures I've seen of lodestone are a similar colour to Zekrom.

This would work well with the theory that Reshiram is based on natural occuring energy (based on his torch-looking tail).

Wow. I think you may have just hit the nail on the head there. I've been hoping zekrom is part electric since we found out about that blog, and this just seems all add up.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Well if Zekrom is Electric/Dragon or Dragon/Electric (doesn't matter really) - then I still like him. He's still uber smexy <3 - and he still looks bad...

I just hope he doesn't suck combat-wise.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • ...I just realised something about Zekrom. Remember that rumour about him being an electric type? And remember the screenshot from inside that cave with all the electricity being emitted by rocks, that some people suspected to be Zekrom's lair?

derp.....
    i am so blind.
    your theory works perfectly.
    but i will still be pulling for dark and light type dragon legends. ;)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    If it is true that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric definitely that one, otherwise it depends on what its type is vs Reshiram's type and of course aesthetic appeal.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Comming from here

Zerkom = Electric/Dragon
    Reshrim = Fire/Dragon

Two unique combinations that haven't been done yet. Their abilities Turbo Blaze and Terra Voltage sound awesome. What can we expect of these two?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm positive that Terra Voltage is probably going to allow him to hit Ground-Types with Electric-Type moves which is gonna be quite impressive.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Or maybe using Fire-Type moves will raise Reshiram's speed...

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Why not...

Turbo Blaze: Similar to normal Blaze, but effect happens when he has more HP and it raises his Fire-Type attacks A LOT more? Or maybe they did make a new type that Fire doesn't normally effect and Reshiram's ability counters it?

Juu-Chan

partGiratinabutwon'tsaywh ere
    Years
  • HO ARCEUS
    RESHIRAM'S EVEN SEXIER THAN GIRATINA

...sweet mother of sake, that's gonna hurt him :-(

The black one is weird. I bet Reshi-san would throw awesome parties~

but again this will seriously tick off giratina...

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • Turbo Blaze: Similar to normal Blaze, but effect happens when he has more HP and it raises his Fire-Type attacks A LOT more? Or maybe they did make a new type that Fire doesn't normally effect and Reshiram's ability counters it?

What's Bruce Lee's favorite drink???

WAAH TAAAAAAHH!!!!

Last edited:

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    HO ARCEUS
    RESHIRAM'S EVEN SEXIER THAN GIRATINA

...sweet mother of sake, that's gonna hurt him :-(

The black one is weird. I bet Reshi-san would throw awesome parties~

but again this will seriously tick off giratina...

N...noooo! Ram-chin isn't cuter than Gira-tan! It's a pretty close call, though. And I'm definitely getting Pokemon Black. Although, I am disappointed that he's a Fire/Dragon-type. I was really hoping he'd be an Ice-type.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Finally! A Fire/Dragon Pokemon!!! :) However, I don't understand why it's fire/dragon. It doesn't look very firey (is that even a word? :P) to me... :\ It looks more Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Normal. :\

Back