• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Instead of a legendary trio, I'd like to see Nintendo introduce four legends, each representing a different season, It would also be interesting if each legend could only be obtained during its season. I know Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres were influenced by seasons, but I'd love to see four Wolf like Pokemon as legendaries, here's my prediction:

Spring: Grass / Summer: Fire / Autumn: Ground / Winter: Water
    I'd love to see this, mostly because with the above types each Pokemon has a type advantage over the one that comes before it and a type disadvantage to the one that follows it to represent how seasons replace each other.

I second this idea. It would be good for the notice of seasons. Since seasons will be a main support for this game; seasonal legendaries could be a fresh new twist in the game.

As for the main mascots, before I never really liked Zekrom all that much since to me it's kind of bland being a dull black, but now it's starting to rub off on me. I still prefer Reshiram since it looks like an angel. xD;

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Not a full Month yet. Please don't shut this down TTwTT

I think this best goes here.

Reshiram and Zekrom were made to be a pair. I know everyone cept myself wants them to be part of a Trio, but thanks to the newest scan leaks I find this extremely hard to believe, moreso than before.

Facts:
    Reshiram and Zekrom represent Yin and Yang. This is shown by their Species names Reshiram the White Yang and Zekrom the Black Yin Pokemon.

They represent Naturalism vs Industrialism. Reshiram is the Naturalism, Being the personification of Fire and it's tail resembling an old style Torch. While Fire is still used in modern day, Fire is attainable and usable through natural means. Its easy to create and harness. Electricity, while considered Natural, is more of a symbol of industrial progress. Electricity cannot be harnessed through natural ways. We have to use Machines to create and harness the power of electricity.

Cross Flame and Cross Thunder can be used against and relate to each other. If Zekrom is hit by Cross Flame, then his Cross Thunder becomes more powerful. If Reshiram is hit by Cross Thunder its Cross Flame becomes more powerful.

These Pokemon were designed as a Duo, they are pitted against each other while similar to another set that works this way, these seem to mainly be involved with just each other unlike the other set that had similar abilities that benefited themselves rather than the opponent.

~Partly off topic~ If the Dragon/Ice is involved with these two then its their master at best.

Choroneko

チョロネコ
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    I Prefere Reshiram even though Zekrom looks cooler, I still like Reshiram better :).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • dont know if this goes here, but Reshiram/zekrom's catch rates are higher than Dialga/Palkia; 45
    I found that fact surprising. Now they're just as easy to catch as Mew/Shaymin are. I'm happy about this because I can spend less time sitting there and watch Reshiram/Zekrom break out of almost every Ultra Ball I throw at them.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Anyway, back on 5th gen legendary topic.
    I like Victini a lot but the only thing that bugs me about him is this :

"It create infinite energy inside it's body. It can transfer this energy by touching another Pokemon or human."

Rough translation of Victini's Pokedex entry. Now that to me sounds a lot like Azelf.
    Infinite energy = Willpower. Azelf can also share his infinite willpower with other beings. Pretty much the same dealio if you ask me. Reshiram is my favorite of the two beasts. I think the fact he's white with blue eyes is what's making me love him more. I never did like the color black. :x

You're honestly reaching here. You seem to do it in most your posts, that I've seen, a little dramatic, but I digress. A major theme we've seen in B/W is energy. Reshiram's tail is a torch and Zekrom's is an electric turbine. Looking at Victini's typing, Psychic/Fire, well, it's pretty much the perfect representation of personal and mental energy. Also, I leave you with a definition of willpower;

1. the ability to control oneself and determine one's actions

2. firmness of will

The definition of Will is to long to post here, I'll leave a link, check for the noun.

https://dictionary.reference.com/browse/will

As for my favorite, well, Zekrom is my home boy from the mascots, and after have seen the Dragon/Ice, thats not going to change, but I have a big ol soft spot for Victini, and I think I'm gonna like the little bugger a lot.

Years
  • You're honestly reaching here. You seem to do it in most your posts, that I've seen, a little dramatic, but I digress. A major theme we've seen in B/W is energy. Reshiram's tail is a torch and Zekrom's is an electric turbine. Looking at Victini's typing, Psychic/Fire, well, it's pretty much the perfect representation of personal and mental energy. Also, I leave you with a definition of willpower;

2. firmness of will

The definition of Will is to long to post here, I'll leave a link, check for the noun.

As for my favorite, well, Zekrom is my home boy from the mascots, and after have seen the Dragon/Ice, thats not going to change, but I have a big ol soft spot for Victini, and I think I'm gonna like the little bugger a lot.

And you seem to like to take other people's opinions apart and push your own upon them, so lets call it even.

What Chain meant is that the flavor text and data given about Azelf and Victini are similar, Azelf is the embodiment of Willpower and has the ability to inspire/create it in human beings, and Victini can also transfer energy/power to other Pokemon and people. And I wouldnt call a Fire/Psychic pokemon the perfect representation of mental/personal energy. Personal energy would entail that the energy comes from a person, not an outside chemical reaction. Fire as an energy source can he harnessed though, if thats what you meant.

Although I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, on typing, design, etc, Ill have to put up with Reshiram as i want Black version. (For Wargle. :3)

The Red Chain

Also, I leave you with a definition of willpower;

2. firmness of will

Willpower = Mind. Energy = Body. I got that already, but thanks.
    However, when you have willpower at mind, it applies to your body in the same way energy would. When you have willpower, you have motivation, and thus energy to complete your task. Willpower is a drive just like energy is. All of this is my opinion anyway, I never once said you had to believe it. :3 To me, it is the same deal. If you don't agree that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion like I am mine ; but you don't have to be so pushy about it. If I sounded pushy about my opinion I apologize, it was not my intention.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For the two legends, I say Zekrom is better. It has a more fierce design, and I love its unique typing (Dragon/Fire was expected ages ago). I also LOVE how it uses blue electricity instead of the typical yellow. :B

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011

And you seem to like to take other people's opinions apart and push your own upon them, so lets call it even.

What Chain meant is that the flavor text and data given about Azelf and Victini are similar, Azelf is the embodiment of Willpower and has the ability to inspire/create it in human beings, and Victini can also transfer energy/power to other Pokemon and people. And I wouldnt call a Fire/Psychic pokemon the perfect representation of mental/personal energy. Personal energy would entail that the energy comes from a person, not an outside chemical reaction. Fire as an energy source can he harnessed though, if thats what you meant.

Although I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, on typing, design, etc, Ill have to put up with Reshiram as i want Black version. (For Wargle. :3)

Please, continue to make assumptions about what people mean by their words instead of allowing them to continue their point. I was unaware that a challenge to one's statement was no longer an invitation discourse. Also, as far as pokemon types are related, I cannot personally think of a better type combination than psychic/fire to represent personal/mental energy. The thermal energy created by the body is key to survival, as well as throwing out the old adage, "Fire in the belly."

Willpower = Mind. Energy = Body. I got that already, but thanks.
    However, when you have willpower at mind, it applies to your body in the same way energy would. When you have willpower, you have motivation, and thus energy to complete your task. Willpower is a drive just like energy is. All of this is my opinion anyway, I never once said you had to believe it. :3 To me, it is the same deal. If you don't agree that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion like I am mine ; but you don't have to be so pushy about it. If I sounded pushy about my opinion I apologize, it was not my intention.

Not pushy at all, I may have been a little overly snappy in my comment. To much negativity going around aimed towards the newest generation. With further explanation, I certainly see what you mean, drawing the comparison between the two and how one can lead to the other.

Years
  • Please, continue to make assumptions about what people mean by their words instead of allowing them to continue their point. I was unaware that a challenge to one's statement was no longer an invitation discourse.

^ Your response to Chain could in turn be interpreted as such.

Well true, but the body also emits electrical energy that powers basic function, Synapses that fire in the brain, nerve responses, stuff like that.

The Red Chain

Well to me Fire/Psychic, especially in a Pokemon like Victini, does represent physical and mental balance somewhat to me. Red is the most physical of all the colors, and fire contains plenty of red in it. The phrase "the fire within" represents great will to do something, and thus results in physical activity to achieve it. Being psychic is being in-tuned with your mind to a greater amount than normal, and being able to control it.

It's a harmonious combination. :3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Does anyone know if the abilities of Reshiram and Zekrom are Mold Breaker clones or have less/greater functionality than Mold Breaker?

And exactly why can't either of these yin/yang Dragons learn Earthquake, yet this puny little guy can? And this cub doesn't even have a TURBINE TAIL OF DOOM!
    Spoiler:

(Even more embarrassing for Zekrom, considering he comes with a built-in drill that should be able to do some devastating damage underground...)

...On the positive side, their signature moves, Blue Flame and Lightning Strike, are going to decimate foes (and will make their "Cross" relatives redundant/inferior...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Please, continue to make assumptions about what people mean by their words instead of allowing them to continue their point. I was unaware that a challenge to one's statement was no longer an invitation discourse. Also, as far as pokemon types are related, I cannot personally think of a better type combination than psychic/fire to represent personal/mental energy. The thermal energy created by the body is key to survival, as well as throwing out the old adage, "Fire in the belly."

Not pushy at all, I may have been a little overly snappy in my comment. To much negativity going around aimed towards the newest generation. With further explanation, I certainly see what you mean, drawing the comparison between the two and how one can lead to the other.
    Wow, people, stop arguing about pokemon, it's sad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Your comment wasn't really necessary, considering the discussion ended two days ago on a positive note.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm still surprised that neither Reshiram (727.5 lb) nor Zekrom (760.6 lb) can learn Earthquake; they're the only legendary mascots unable to do this. :cer_disbelief:
    Even Ho-oh can learn it at 438.7 lb... I figured the move should be standard for most of the large/massive Pokemon... The move even makes more sense with Zekrom, since a drill is integrated into its design which, IMO, tends to evoke the earth/digging.
    Zekrom can't even learn Dig, for that matter... :cer_pissed: I didn't know that Diglett was that beastly, being able to outclass legendaries like that...

And on another note, Zekrom can't even learn Drill Liner! Either my eyes are playing tricks, or there is clearly a difference seen in drill size:
    Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Sorry about the "rant" if it comes off like that...I know there tend to be inconsistencies in moves regarding different Pokemon, but the aforementioned errors are excessively glaring, IMO. Especially Zekrom regarding Dig and Drill Liner. Even a few past-gen Pokemon can learn Drill Liner such as Rhydon, yet the new Pokemon (legendary, no less) with its most prominent feature being a drill cannot...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm still surprised that neither Reshiram (727.5 lb) nor Zekrom (760.6 lb) can learn Earthquake; they're the only legendary mascots unable to do this. :cer_disbelief:
    Even Ho-oh can learn it at 438.7 lb... I figured the move should be standard for most of the large/massive Pokemon... The move even makes more sense with Zekrom, since a drill is integrated into its design which, IMO, tends to evoke the earth/digging.
    Zekrom can't even learn Dig, for that matter... :cer_pissed: I didn't know that Diglett was that beastly, being able to outclass legendaries like that...

And on another note, Zekrom can't even learn Drill Liner! Either my eyes are playing tricks, or there is clearly a difference seen in drill size:

Sorry about the "rant" if it comes off like that...I know there tend to be inconsistencies in moves regarding different Pokemon, but the aforementioned errors are excessively glaring, IMO. Especially Zekrom regarding Dig and Drill Liner. Even a few past-gen Pokemon can learn Drill Liner such as Rhydon, yet the new Pokemon (legendary, no less) with its most prominent feature being a drill cannot...
    I think the reason why Zekrom can't learn Drill Liner is because its tail is meant to resemble an electrical turbine, which has a different function compared to a drill. Why Reshiram and Zekrom can't learn Earthquake is beyond me.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    probably because they would kill each other, having fire and electric as types

Back