• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games - Arcade October Fest!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Video Games - Arcade October Fest!​
Win-Mississauga-Playdium-Contest.jpg

Hello there! As sort of the successor to Arcade Week, introducing the Arcade October Fest, where you are free to play a wide variety of video games for points, and redeem your points for a couple of prizes! The rules are simple - this month, we're going to be focusing on NES, Atari, and some SNES games, which will all be listed down here.

A couple of games will have a leader board, where everyone can post their Hi-Scores for the rankings! You can also post as many hi-scores as you want, but please remember to edit from your previous score, and one post one hi-score at a time from one post, just so that everything is neater. So yeah, just make an effort to get first, second, or third place! The rest of the games, people are more than free to jot down their progress as they play those games. Whether you finish it, or have a game over - you'll still receive points!

The Point System

Speaking of the points, for each video game that you attempt to play (if say, you are indeed playing a game from this list, and jot down your progress until a certain point), you get 3000 points. If you jot down that you've completed the game as you were posting your progress, you get an additional 5000 points!

If you are playing a game that has a Hi-Score Leader board, you can also jot down your hi-score for points.

~ If your hi-score nets you 3rd place on a hi-score board, you get 3000 points.
~ If your hi-score nets you 2rd place on a hi-score board, you get 4000 points.
~ If your hi-score nets you 1rd place on a hi-score board, you get 5000 points.

But again, you're not competing against each other for points, your getting points in order to get awards!

NES Line-Up

Double Dragon
doubledragon.jpg

Bubble Bobble
bubblebobble.jpg

Metroid
metroid.jpg

Final Fantasy
finalfantasy.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 2
supermario2.jpg

Mega Man
megaman.jpg

Castlevania
castlevania.jpg

Duck Tales
ducktales.JPG

Mega Man 2
megaman2.jpg

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
mikepunchout.jpg

Super Mario Bros.
supermario.jpg

Contra
Contra.jpg

The Legend of Zelda
legendzelda.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 3
supmario3.jpg

SNES Line-up

F-Zero
485_9c72bd2780.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
286_03f376d7ab.jpg

Contra III: The Alien Wars
918_9f9a92aab7.jpg

Mega Man 7
85a_fc4c3b5809.jpg

Street Fighter II: Turbo
b9d_647c30902d.jpg

Super Punch-Out!!
12f_ecc7a6c100.jpg

Super Mario World
b8c_e954fd2387.jpg

Donkey Kong Country
924_d64eacb932.jpg

Final Fantasy III
9e2_5e56343dad.jpg

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
51b_9bb2b56e6b.jpg

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
2e3_77472e4d3e.jpg

Mega Man X
d4a_e49e7e599d.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
737_3218b56a27.jpg

Super Metroid
b7b_e0b250a312.jpg

Misc

Space Invaders
http://www.freeinvaders.org/welcome.php

invaders_screenshot.gif

Pac-Man
http://www.freepacman.org/welcome.php

giphy.gif

Asteriods
http://www.play.vg/games/4-Asteroids.html

asteroids.jpg

Galaga
http://www.freegalaga.com/

3d-pixel-illustratie-voxel-illustration_namco-galaga-8-bit-game.jpg

Frogger
http://www.happyhopper.org/welcome.php

frogger.png

Hi-Score Rankings

Space Invaders
3rd:
2nd:
1st:

Pac-Man
3rd:
2nd:
1st:

Asteroids
3rd:
2nd:
1st:

Galaga
3rd:
2nd:
1st:

Frogger
3rd:
2nd:
1st:

Note:
After you've gotten a game over, be sure to save a screenshot of whatever score you've gotten, just as proof that you've actually gotten that score. Then, post your username, your score, and the screenshot of your score.

Here's an example:

Username: Miss Doronjo
Score: 160
Screenshot:
Spoiler:

In addition, only use the links underneath each misc game, because it shows your score after each game over, as far as I know.​

Participants

(If you want to participate, just post in this thread saying that you'd like to part-take! Feel free to use this thread for all your progress, and hi-scores too!)

If you have any questions of any sort, feel free to ask in this thread!

Last edited:

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Heck sign me up! :3
Also, out of the NES Line-Up, I will GLADLY take Mega Man. The first Mega Man since I really don't fancy the second Mega Man much, (My favourite is 9 for the Wii / PS3 / XBLA before someone asks.)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Beat all the MM games listed (MM, MM2 (Died many times on Quickman's stage. Damn lasers.) MM7 and MMX.

Starting on Punchout and Contra now. Punchout shouldn't take me much time, but it's been a long time since I last played Contra.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Contra that brings back memories I remember being told it was to violent haha I got the ds one and it lived up to expectation.

I think I'm gonna go for final fantasy and castlevania. Since I know good grinding places on final fantasy and castlevania is classic.

Can i do duck tales.... Remastered?

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Okay, so I got around to playing Space Invaders! :)

Username: UltraNerdtendo64
Score: 19,650
Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Now to get a crack on Mega Man! :)

Okay, I done Mega Man! I didn't finish it because I possibly could not be able to top my current score. (Not to mention I was in Wily Stage 2 and continuing starts you with no points again.) So....!
Username: UltraNerdtendo64
Score: 717,600
Picture:

Thar we go! :3

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Here is my final fantasy progress so far just killed Garland. I am level 13 and have every best weapons and armor that is available to me yet.

I am doing an all fighter party so I am good when it comes to strength and I have never really had trouble with this kind of party so I think I'm good.

Spoiler:

UPDATE!

Okay got to the town with the pirates, bought some shortswords for my whole team and some gloves for them aswell, defeated the pirates and got the ship. I am currently at the finger of power to do some grinding not for levels since I am no 24 on everyone (that is like super high for where I am at I just grinded for a few hours with turbo speed on) I just need some extra coin so I am well off.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I would like to participate. Played some Pacman, Bubble Bobble and Double Dragon today. will post screenshots later. :)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Here is my progress so far on castlevania, I finished it but it then asked me to start again with the same score so i am going to run through the castle again for an even better highscore.
Username: Chuckles
Score: 126190
Screenshots: I missed one screenshot and I think it was on the grim reaper
Spoiler:

So um, since I completed the game what do I get?

[X] Phantom Bat
[X] Queen Medusa
[X] Mummy Man (there were 2 of them)
[X] Frankenstein & Igor
[X] Grim Reaper
[X] Count Dracula
[X] Spirit of Dracula

1. The Phantom bat was not difficult all I did was throw a few holy potions will dodging his swooping attacks.
  2. Queen Medusa was not difficult either just spammed holy potions and made sure I had collected enough hearts so I wouldn't run out of them.
  3. The Mummy Men weren't difficult I just stayed away from them and jumped/ducked when they threw bandages at me making sure to spam the chain whip.
  4. Frankenstein & Igor were difficult I initially didn't realise what was going on and just spammed them holy potions but I defeated the little thing on its back which I believed was Igor because it was a pain then took advantage of the slow Frankenstein.
  5. Grim Reaper he was a bit hard he moved very fast and it didn't give me much time to dodge so I had to get accustomed to his pattern and throwing Holy Potions at the right time though I ran out and was left with jumping into mid-air whilst blasting the A button and hitting him with my whip.
  6. Count Dracula not super hard just had to make sure to hit his head before he attacked so he would teleport off somewhere on the screen.
  7. Spirit of Dracula, the BIGGEST A-HOLE IN ALL GAMES. its swooping was basically un-dodgable I couldn't throw holy water and my normal attacks only took one little dot off his health.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I've had a very busy week so I haven't been able to play much games.

Not a good high score, but my current high score for Pacman:
Spoiler:

Also I played some Bubble Bobble. Very fun game, but I couldn't beat it becuase there's like over 100 levels and I just don't have the time right now to complete them all.

Back