• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm starting to lose interest in Earthbound a little bit. I remember playing it for the first time on the GBA, it was one of my favorites at the time. I'm still yet to try it on the SNES and I haven't used my SNES in a long time so might need to pull that one out of storage and bring it to action. Maybe that will refurbish my interest...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Not sure it merits a new thread.

Why do people complain about 3DS resolution so much?

I know the top smartphones are capable of HD graphics but really, with that comes a very steep price. Nintendo can't afford to sell a portable device for more than a home console. 800x240 is more than acceptable for the 3DS, considering the size of the screens. And yes, this also goes for the XL. We used to play games in 640x480 on monitors five times the size of a 3DS XL top screen. With such small screens (and you have to remember the standard product is the 3DS, not the XL), HD resolutions would be overkill.

Another thing I hate when people talk about it is how supposedly bad the DS games look on the 3DS. My DS library consists of Pokémon games only and I think the 3DS does a very nice job of upscaling the lower resolution DS graphics. Text becomes slightly fuzzy, but I find that the antialiasing applied by the 3DS to the picture gives a very pleasant feel. The only reason I keep my DSi XL is for trading with myself, otherwise there's no point in playing games on the DS anymore, unless they need a GBA slot.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The lack of users discussing about Earthbound's first time release for the VC in the U.S. disturbs me. I bought it yesterday, but I had to wait until I finish beating my other Wii U titles. Is anyone surprised that the game received a T rating as opposed to its original E rating (K-A back in the day)? I guess the ESRB cannot grasp the true form of Giygas.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Earthbound is a game that I've always wanted to play, but I have such a big backlog that I can't really justify buying it right now - especially since it's a pretty long RPG. It's also a game I'd probably rather play on a portable system, although I doubt it'll ever be released for 3DS. But I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually.

Years
I don't know when/if at all, I will get round to playing another Earthbound game, unless I pull out my SNES. Like Mork, I have huge backlog and am also saving up to splash out on games and a 3DS so by the time that's all sorted out I don't think I'll have time to play Earthbound. The only way I would probably end up playing it is if there was some sort of hype about it and there were amazing reviews about it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
If any of you are interested in the PS4, some news came in!

PlayStation® is attending Comic-Con again this year and we're bringing a slew unreleased games, daily contests with awesome prizes, video game panels, and most importantly, the PlayStation®4! Here's a quick breakdown of everything PlayStation® at Comic-Con 2013:

PlayStation®4 Games
DriveClub
Knack
Octodad: Dadliest Catch

PlayStation®Vita Games
Killzone Mercenary
Tearaway
The Walking Dead
Dragon's Crown
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

PlayStation®3 Games
BEYOND: Two Souls™
Gran Turismo® 6
Puppeteer™
Diablo® III
Batman: Arkham Origins

So basically, you'll be able to actually try out the PS4 and some of it's games if you attend comic-con; its in San Diego, California at the San Diego Convention Center.

Is anyone interested, or... is anyone interested in the PS4 in general or not?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I won't be getting a PS4 anytime close to launch, if at all. I want it for Infamous, as well as The Division, though I'm pretty sure the latter'll be released on the PC.

...However, it does have the potential for good exclusives, but the real deal maker or breaker will be if I can play my Vita on my TV with it. If it allows that function (since they very briefly mentioned that we would be able to play Vita games on our TVs at the beginning of their reveal stream) then I will be interested.

Years
I'm definitely picking up the PS4, the games exclusive to Playstation really catch my fancy. Plus, the features of it suit me more than the Xbox One from what I have heard so far. Luckily, though, my Dad is getting the Xbox One anyway since he has a Windows Phone and it can connect to the Xbox and that, also he enjoys all the non-gaming stuff about it. Works out for me quite well, getting the PS4 and Xbox One :3

TY

I think i'll be getting the PS4, tho ill stick with the PS3 more often since i still got a buttload of games to finish.

Years
I've been hearing all sorts of rumors about the PS4 supporting PS3 games. There are some which say that only the "best" games will be playable, some say all games and some say no games. I wish Sony announce something about it soon because I know that a lot of people want to know that over a lot of things concerning the PS4.

TY

I hope it does, since they said the PS3 could play PS2 and PS1 games, but appearantly the first gen of PS3's supported that (i luckily have one, but my friends didnt.)
But then Sony had the magical idea to make some PS2 and PS1 games buyable even if you had them already, you still needed to buy them to actually play them...

Years
Yeah, they should just make it simple and have PS3 games compatible with the PS4, not gonna cause much, if at all, harm anyway considering that's what people want. Xbox One won't be backwards compatible, I don't know what to think of that, I guess it has both good and bad sides to it.

TY

Everyone was literally jealous of the fact i could still play the PS2 games i had on my PS3, but yeah i wouldnt be happy at all if you have to buy all PS3 games i like all over again just to play it on the PS4. Downside of PS2 games on the PS3 was the controls with the L2 and R2 buttons, since there is a change in the controller design with those buttons.

Years
It's a weird decision for Sony to make because obviously, they aim to make as much money as possible. They would achieve this by having the PS4 play PS3 games because it would make the already PS3 players make the easy decision of buying the PS4 but if they didn't have it compatible they would be making money as well since people would be buying more games as a result. It'd probably be a lot safer to just have it compatible with PS3 games because you wouldn't want an unhappy audience.

TY

Indeed... i would be pretty pissed if i had to pay again for Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 plus the DLC i got...

droomph

weeb
Years
Indeed... i would be pretty pissed if i had to pay again for Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 plus the DLC i got...
amazingly-people-still-fall-for-real-estate-get-rich-quick-scams.jpg

Not the people at Sony, so your opinions don't matter.

(I know, I hate complete capitalism because people are mean)

TY

amazingly-people-still-fall-for-real-estate-get-rich-quick-scams.jpg

Not the people at Sony, so your opinions don't matter.

(I know, I hate complete capitalism because people are mean)

Thats the sad part. Sony doesnt give a crap about their customers, they want money, money and more money... And there are people that just buy the stuff anyways.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
To be fair what business company actually care about their consumers?

Only difference was that Sony was clever and used the Xbox One fiasco at E3 to create the image that they do care and earn their "trust", or what's important, their money. It's a smart business decision that Microsoft just gave it to them for free. lol

"Oh, they added online paywall and designed the PS4 to not play your PS3 retail/digital games? Who cares, NO DRM! THEY CARE!" When people are saying this you know they won.

TY

Thats true... Its all about money lately... Shame.

EA was high on my hate list since they just pushed the release date of Tiberian Sun sooner so that they could earn big money, but the game wasnt finished yet. There could have been so much awesome stuff if EA didnt push that release date...

I love Gearbox for a reason since the DLC for Borderlands 2 may be a lot and expensive, yet they give you free golden keys to get some high-power weapons (smart move imo)

Years
EA like to rush their games, and for them money is everything which everyone would instantly realize a few hours in to on of their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back