• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • EA like to rush their games, and for them money is everything which everyone would instantly realize a few hours in to on of their games.

*cough*DeadSpace3*cough*

I gave EA a small window of...something when SSX came out, but after that, I...just stopped caring.

I had real faith in Most Wanted, then they shot my faith down and made me want to actually play NFS: Warudo Edition agaiu.

TY

Tiberian Sun was another great example of EA's greed.

There was gonna be 3 factions instead of 2, and there were supposed to be way more stuctures avalible (i have a modding programme and there were stuctures with everything needed to be in the game), and that really disappointed me. I love Tiberian Sun and when i heard the game was pushed by EA and lots of cool features were just thrown away, it was dissappointment all over again.

TY

Most of the new games arent that great from EA, Battlefield 3 was fun, but there is a point it just gets boring, same with FIFA... Only EA game i play a lot (back then it was produced by Westwood) is Tiberian Sun.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • You know, for years I hated EA, to the point where I stopped buying their games altogether and started only pirating them...but lately, and I mean in the past couple of months, I haven't seen EA screw up as much. Things such as the removal of Online Passes, an unrushed expansion pack for The Sims, as well as a plethora of game sales, are all incredibly unlike them...but they did them anyway.

I can assure you that my hate is deep rooted and legitimate. They've ruined who knows how many franchises (such as The Sims and Ultima), practically wrang out the pockets of consumers unjustly, and make so many rehashes that Call of Duty would be-...okay, I won't go that far, but my point is, I don't know what this whole 180 is about. It could just see a facade, and I'll remain wary, but if this continues then I can see good things in the future.

TY

EA... the weirdest game company i ever know.

I barely could play any EA game online since of those online passes... I always lost them and never found them again, and paying 10-20 euro's just to play online is too much for me...

Years
  • I've lost it with EA games really. A few years ago, my shelf would be stacked with EA games, but now I'm better of saving the money I spend on EA and their DLC on Steam games because they're more likely better and also a greater value for money. EA have a bit of recovering to do.

TY

Same what i did... Instead of buying the new NFS i bought BL2 and i dont regret that at all. Dont really buy games on Steam cause idk how the heck it works yet and if it goes through paypal or a credit card it is likely i dont buy any game on Steam at all.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Same what i did... Instead of buying the new NFS i bought BL2 and i dont regret that at all. Dont really buy games on Steam cause idk how the heck it works yet and if it goes through paypal or a credit card it is likely i dont buy any game on Steam at all.
    There are Steam Cards you can buy in stores, so the process of buying games can be pretty similar to buying points or money for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft systems. So it's pretty accessible to people who don't have credit cards, paypal, debit cards, etc.

Speaking of that, the Steam Sale ends in two hours, if there's any game that you've been holding out on buying until a Flash Sale, Community Choice, or the Daily Sale, it would be best to buy it now. Or wait for the Winter Sale.

TY

There are Steam Cards you can buy in stores, so the process of buying games can be pretty similar to buying points or money for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft systems. So it's pretty accessible to people who don't have credit cards, paypal, debit cards, etc.

I guess ill check out the store then when i have the time for it... Didnt know Steam had those cards. Thanks for informing me :)
    And that is kinda a bummer since stores are closing soon here and i dont have any transport to get to the stores...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • EA is also giving Nintendo a rough time by not making Wii U and 3DS versions of their sports games such as Madden and FIFA, even though it was said that a Wii U version of Crysis 3 was already up and running before EA canned it. All of this because Nintendo declined EA's offer to use Origin.

Years
  • I like how convenient the Steam Cards are; there is a bar code at the back for £5, £10, £15 and £20 but if you want more they just scan whatever code multiple times. For instance, if you want £55, they would scan £20 twice, £10 and then £5 and all you get is a receipt with the code on it. Steam is one of my favorite things now, they actually care about customers and it isn't all about the money for them judging by what they do with sales etc. and their features are very good.

TY

I guess ill be spending some money on Steam then... Finally i can abuse my laptop a bit more lol

Years
  • Just make sure your laptop has good enough specs to be able to maintain playing a fair few games. I'm not too sure about other people, but from personal experience I can tell you that laptop's have not been my best friend on Steam, I encountered lag every so often and playing games became more of a challenge.

TY

Yeah laptops arent known to maintain good gameplay with high graphics... When i play StarCraft 2 on my laptop i have to set the graphics to Medium and in big matches even low, and still it sometimes lag (when there's like a million units on the screen fighting each other).

Years
  • The bad thing is that if you buy a fair few games your laptop will become slower in general, so it's probably best to just have a few games on Steam then wait until you can buy a decent computer. If you're willing to spend an amount to make upgrades to your laptop, then go ahead but it's probably more worth it to buy a good computer for the same amount of money.

TY

I noticed that with my old laptop... It was full of games and slow as heck (tho the really old games performed well). And i think ill get a good computer once my room is done completely since i have no where to put it down atm.

Years
  • Personally, I think that gaming computers are the way forward. You don't even have to go outside your house to buy games, can just be done online and then downloaded. I had to sell 2 consoles to fund for my PC, I thought I would regret it at first, but boy was I wrong. However, just a heads up, make sure you have a bit of money to spend after buying the stuff you need for your PC because of Steam and some other software that you may need.

TY

Yeah i think ill stick with the games i got, maybe spend a few for a new game and save up a lot for the PC. It would be pretty awesome playing games on the highest quality possible, yet i never felt like switching settings before i got SC2

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • With that in mind, there are tons upon tons of steam games that low end computers can play. Recettear, Rogue Legacy, Cave Story, Bastion, Bit.Trip, The Binding of Isaac, etc., all of which are great games. While I'd recommend getting a gaming computer, you still have a multitude of games to choose from if you don't have one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back