• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista

Years
    I'm a crazy Mac person, but I don't draw the parallels between OS X and Vista nearly as much as everyone else seems to. o_o; They're not that alike. I guess you can only realize that if you really understand the underpinnings of both? Anyways, yes, it's an improvement over XP in subtle ways. There are a lot of features and small changes that will make your life a lot easier if you're on the computer a lot. If you don't really use your computer every day or whatever, probably not then. oo; Regardless, if you do get it, make sure you get at least Home Premium. Home Basic is worse than Windows ME.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I'm a crazy Mac person, but I don't draw the parallels between OS X and Vista nearly as much as everyone else seems to. o_o; They're not that alike. I guess you can only realize that if you really understand the underpinnings of both? Anyways, yes, it's an improvement over XP in subtle ways. There are a lot of features and small changes that will make your life a lot easier if you're on the computer a lot. If you don't really use your computer every day or whatever, probably not then. oo; Regardless, if you do get it, make sure you get at least Home Premium. Home Basic is worse than Windows ME.

Yeah, but my friend really hates Microsoft and keeps saying that Vista is just copying off X. Meh.. I dont mind too much but its interesting how he said that.

Btw, *curious* has Vista had any major viruses or bugs yet??

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    You'd have to consider that a modern operating system will have to utilise these appearances - also consider that Windows Aero is one part, and a lot of modern operating systems would have such an interface. So like Abby, I can't find anything that makes them too similar.

Oh okay, I get what you mean.

I like Vista's glassy-ish look and the time-machine thing.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Time machine thing? Dont you mean the Symantec Goback rip off thing? :P

I dont know... I cant remember properly right now but I think it was the open windows going backwards in a long line or something like that if you can understand what I'm talking about XD

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I like upgraded to Vista Home Premium. Everything works except Startup Disk (Bootcamp) and sound doesn't work. ;-;

Vista

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, but my friend really hates Microsoft and keeps saying that Vista is just copying off X. Meh.. I dont mind too much but its interesting how he said that.

Btw, *curious* has Vista had any major viruses or bugs yet??
    There was a major Patch Tuesday recently that featured twelve patches to fix twenty vulnerabilities. Vista was subject to some of them, but they were all shared with XP. So no Vista-specific vulnerabilities have been discovered yet.

I like upgraded to Vista Home Premium. Everything works except Startup Disk (Bootcamp) and sound doesn't work. ;-;

https://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=performanceeh6.jpg
    You're using Vista under Parallels or through Boot Camp, Alyssa? Boot Camp would be difficult, since I don't think it includes Vista drivers for the Mac hardware yet. Hence your lack of sound. o.o;

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I got sound working again... yay....

I'm using bootcamp because Microsoft doesn't allow users to install Home Premium on Virtual Machines. =p

and Aero Glass doesn't work in parallels.

Years
    And what, you're trying to remain legal here? Apparently, while there is a legal restriction on its usage, there's no actual software restriction.

And it's for a dumb reason, too. Virtualization is too "pro" for anyone who doesn't buy Ultimate. Just go for it. I call Microsoft and reactivate the same XP for tons of machines. XD;

Years
    I'm pretty sure VMs are only allowed under Ultimate. With the latest Parallels, however, it's possible to boot a VM from an already existing Boot Camp partition, which is kind of a way around the EULA, if it really bothers you. oo;

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I'm pretty sure VMs are only allowed under Ultimate. With the latest Parallels, however, it's possible to boot a VM from an already existing Boot Camp partition, which is kind of a way around the EULA, if it really bothers you. oo;

Parallels Bootcamp Vista VM doesn't work in Vista yet. =p

and I like can't get Startup Disk working, because it's like not supported in Vista, but I got backlit keyboard working. Yay!!!

Vista

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    well i dont remember who mentioned it, but you can get the windows driver kit for free from the ms site. um, anyway, i dunno if you'd need to do it in cpp or dotnet or whatever the hell it is ms uses for drivers nowdays, but i guess you can try. anyway, i like vista. its pretty, and i'm shallow, so we make a good pair. woot.

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    well technically apple hardware drivers for windows as used in bootcamp are just standard drivers, like for video and sound and stuff. so theres no reason you couldn't use wdk to develop drivers for a boot camp install of vista. but someone else also mentioned there not being any wddm drivers for their intel chipset and that would also be possible to do i guess. i dunno, tho

Back