• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    no real significant changes worth dying over............

make sure you purchase a new PC if you want Vista.....

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Wait until the Service Packs. Vista has lots of holes where viruses can pass through.

And...My impression...Well, an Operative System that requires 128 of Video Memory...Only for that 3D interface...It doesn't worth it.

It's the greatest failure of Microsoft...Well, Millenium Edition was the greatest, so Vista is the 2nd.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I'm sticking with XP on this one.

Even with bolstered security there's inherently going to be a way around. Sure, it has a good interface, but....a jump up from 32 bare minimum for Windows XP to 512 for Vista. All I can say is...wow. No, they want me to say that....

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
    Iv just bought a new Laptop today, Its got a free Vista upgrade, but I wont upgrade my reasons are:

1. Its Bloatware; old XP components were found left in the code.

2. The EULA states that you are only able to transfer the license to another computer once, which the computer you moved it too is where Vista will be stuck on forever, no more removing it and putting it on another, thats it one move. Which means if your Hard Drive fails, you can only reinstall it once. Now if your like me you will and you like to reinstall Windows every so often due to it getting clogged up with useless files, with Vista this can not be possible.

We'll have to move from XP eventually, so I think i'll be moving to Ubuntu Linux.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    XP SP2 is the best for now; but wait a few years and Vista might be on top.

Lord Kokkei

Whooplaz!!!
    Years
    ewww....I got it on my new sony vaio, no significant changes what so ever, a lot of stuff taken from Mac OS X (gadgets=widgets, sidebar=dock sort of, flip=expose, ect,ect.) Aero interface is pretty cool, but I think I'll stick with my Mac

Years
    Iv just bought a new Laptop today, Its got a free Vista upgrade, but I wont upgrade my reasons are:

1. Its Bloatware; old XP components were found left in the code.

2. The EULA states that you are only able to transfer the license to another computer once, which the computer you moved it too is where Vista will be stuck on forever, no more removing it and putting it on another, thats it one move. Which means if your Hard Drive fails, you can only reinstall it once. Now if your like me you will and you like to reinstall Windows every so often due to it getting clogged up with useless files, with Vista this can not be possible.

We'll have to move from XP eventually, so I think i'll be moving to Ubuntu Linux.
    The second part was changed to allow you to reinstall retail version multiple time provided it is not done to share the OS between computers.
    source: https://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/...-to-windows-vista-retail-licensing-terms.aspx

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    The thing with Vista, is that you need DirectX10 to unleash its full potential. Being the nerdy gamer I am, Ive read that current and older generation games will actually run slightly slower on Vista until DX10 comes out, which completely redoes how graphics work.

Im also a thing for bells 'n whistles. I played around with a Vista Beta at my local PC Club (I <3 that place ^_^) and I really like the slick interface! Not that it matters or anything...

So, Ill get W:V sooner or later, just not right now!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I'll be getting Vista someday (my next computer, which might be at least 3 or 4 years down the road). But for now, I'm sticking with XP. Sure it might not be as pretty as Vista, but I don't think my laptop as it stands now can take an upgrade to Vista.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I don't feel a need to upgrade to Vista yet, since everything I use runs just fine on XP. I should be able to get Vista cheaply if I want it later anyway.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, I'm probably getting Vista in the next month or so anyway since we're getting a new computer very soon. My dad's not sure he actually wants it though. :\ So I guess we'll see.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Eh im just going to wait till they update Vista so it doesnt have as many holes as it does now. Since Vista is like a mod of XP it isnt much of a suprirse. But once Halo 2 Vista comes out. No matter if it has holes or not I am getting Vista.

Anyway my dad's computer already has 100 GB of storage so yeah he got it last year so its still really new.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    I don't plan on getting it any time soon. If it gets any worse I imagine a full migration to Debian will be my plan.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I didnt get Vista, but I think I will sometimes later this year maybe. It doesnt seem appealing enough for me yet to make me want to have it. So I'll stick to XP for now until when I get my new laptop~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lol, well, scratch that last post. We got our computer today and I've got it.

First impressions? Well, it's very pretty. o_o; That's really all I've noticed so far though. It's also incredibly annoying. Every time a program needs internet access, or I try to install something, or even change a setting in the control panel, a message pops up (and fades the desktop behind it black, which is distracting) and asks me if I'm sure I want to do it, or something like that. Every. Time. I dunno if I can turn it off, but I need to check that because it's beyond frustrating, especially now when I'm trying to get my normal programs set up and installed. o_o;

Anyway, it's the Premium version. It seems to work fine so far, but then, I've only been running it for a few hours so who knows. XD; All I can really say about it though is that the interface is nice. o_o;

Back