• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Voice acting, maybe?

What do you think about voice actung in the 5th Gen?

• Total voters

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • I... am reluctantly saying yes. As much as I would miss my little monster cries, I remember in Yellow where Pikachu actually said "Pikachu!" and it was awesome!

Plus, with Chatot's Chatter, that was the beginning of voice acting.

I would like to see perhaps the new Pokémon at least, getting voices. What I mean is, the Kanto Pokémon still have their blocky cries, whereas Sinnoh Pokémon have nice, tuneful cries... why not have updated ones for the new guys?

And I like the idea of a Seal-like system where you can record yourself sending out the Pokémon by nickname.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I... am reluctantly saying yes. As much as I would miss my little monster cries, I remember in Yellow where Pikachu actually said "Pikachu!" and it was awesome!

Plus, with Chatot's Chatter, that was the beginning of voice acting.

I would like to see perhaps the new Pokémon at least, getting voices. What I mean is, the Kanto Pokémon still have their blocky cries, whereas Sinnoh Pokémon have nice, tuneful cries... why not have updated ones for the new guys?

And I like the idea of a Seal-like system where you can record yourself sending out the Pokémon by nickname.

have you heard Kricketune's cry? it's anything BUT nice and tuneful. We will more than likely have some ugly cries and some pleasant cries in black and white...just wondering which pokemon will fall into either category.

austin00081

young money
    Years

• You could record your voice and say what you like, so when it came out to battle it would play that recording. Honestly, the quality of it wasn't really put out well, and that's to be expected with the DS/DSi mic.

Except how Chatter works is like this: "When a person's voice is recorded for the attack, the noise will always be distorted, possibly a failsafe to prevent foul words from being emitted by the game.".
    So, it's not the quality of the DS mic at all, it's the move itself.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Please no...
    Good old classic Pokemon is how I like to play. >.<

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • have you heard Kricketune's cry? it's anything BUT nice and tuneful. We will more than likely have some ugly cries and some pleasant cries in black and white...just wondering which pokemon will fall into either category.

Strange, because I was thinking about Kricketune when I wrote that... ah well, each to their own. *shrugs*

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Voices for Pokemon maaaaaybeeeee... but I would be really skeptical.

Anything other than that, no.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • no i dont think the game should have voice acting. maybe change the pokemon cries a little to make them mor unique but other than that no. and i dont like the idea of recording stuff on the game. the games are good without all that stuff.

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • Oh dear.

I've had enough bad experience with voice acting, that I'd rather not. Even for Pokemon cries, I'd rather not. That's because my cousin and I sometimes drill each other on recognizing cries when we're bored sometimes, and I just can't see it working out well anyway. :(

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    The people who say "no" have a good point... but, maybe in the beginning of a Pokemon game with voice acting, there would be an option to leave voice acting on or turn it off.

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    Good point... Maybe it could be disabled during Wi-Fi battles.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I'd love to see voice acting in the Gen 5 games, it would be awesome. As long as they kept the player's character silent, like in previous generations. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Please, no. Wifi would be full of "GO PENIS!" and "SUCK MY GENITILIA", as if it weren't full of it enough already.
    This.

It's definitely a no. Voice acting = not for Pokemon games.
    Its not even ideal, because Pokemon's story is so different. If it has FMVs then voices for that would be needed, but it doesn't have any FMV.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Only voted yes beacuse I thought you ment people talking voice acting. You saying crap into the mike isnt acting its recording, so no.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    I'd love to see a choice of what ur person could say

like u could have a selection of what to say

also voice acting would be good to a certain extent

Years
  • I think it would be pretty cool. As long as it were turned off during Wi-Fi battles, that is. It would also be good if you could toggle it on and off anytime in the game. As for all the Pokémon with anime voices... it's just what I've always wanted in these games. Cries are boring to me.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I'm okay with voice acting being used in important cutscenes, but using it for every single NPC would just be too much. As for recording your own voice during battles? No, just no. It would be very embarrassing and awkward when I play the game out in public. My opinion on the cries is that it would be a good idea to put in the anime cries only as long as I have the option to turn them off and go back to the old ones every now and then.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • No, I don't know why people are so obsessed with the idea of putting in the anime cries into the games (that came way before the anime in the first place...) It'd take too long to localise it for international release, too...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    the legend of zelda enough said -_-"

pokemon is perfect without voice actin, look what happened to TLoZ when they did voice actin, completely bombed to the point they dont even consider it a part of the series.

if they do voice actin ill stop bein a fan, i refuse to watch pokemon get ****ed up.

Back