• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Volcarona] VS Genesect

Genesect or Volcarona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • i will have to choose Genesect... why? one because volcarona is overused 2 genesect gets some decent moves using his special drive items that could overpower volcarona with ease^^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i will have to choose Genesect... why? one because volcarona is overused 2 genesect gets some decent moves using his special drive items that could overpower volcarona with ease^^
    Genesect has to have technological changes in its system while Volcarona can just sweep Pokémon with its natural body. ;)

VOLCARONA FTW

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Volcorona takes the cake, however Genesect's backstory is superior. Being modified by Team Plasma, being a prehistoric Pokemon. I want to know what it would look like without modifications. Come on, different form!

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
    Years
  • They're both pretty cool Pokémon and stick to the trend of Unova having AWESOME bugs. Personally, I'm going to say Volcarona. I find it very aesthetically appealing for some reason. Bug/Fire is a pretty neat and unique typing too, while Bug/Steel is shared by a couple other Pokémon. Genesect's story is overall pretty neat and its signature move is even more neat, I can't help but favour Volcarona. Regardless, it's pretty close.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I personally prefer Genesect, it has a great backstory with team plasma, but regardless both are awesome.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • pokeball_gray.jpg
    Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?)
    While my eyes instantly go towards Volcarona, I have to say that Genesect does look awesome. Depends on personal taste really. For me? Volcarona catches my attention better.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?

Oooo... That's a toughy. Both look freakin' amazing. I like how Genesect looks so sleek as heck. It screams: "I will destroy you and eat your remains." Volcarona? It screams: "You shall die a horrible, slow, painful, and burning death." Design wise? Genesect wins for me, but barely.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Against each other, who would win the battle?

Comes down who's faster honestly. Both would probably take the other out in one attack. Looking at base stats, I see who is faster. By one point, Volcarona wins.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Genesect or Volcarona?

As much as I like Genesect's design, Volcarona not only catches my attention better, but also beats Genesect in battle. Volcarona wins for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Volcarona is gonna win by a landslide...

Nica, if you are reading this I will be right...

:3 Of course, I read all B/W posts!

I'm so proud of Volcarona, winning so well. Either way, unstickying, you can still vote but it won't make a difference... XD Next poll coming soon!

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • I would choose Volcarona. It attracts my attention more. It's Bug/Fire, hello? It's like the craziest, unique typing ever! Bug and Fire are two types that doesn't go well together, yet Volcarona is successful in making them do. Genesect is cute and all, but I can't own one since it's unobtainable as of now, and that disappoints me. >:(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Genesect is much better D: way cooler looking, volcarona is just overpowered and, its a freakin butterfly. A BUTTERFLY

Well actually it's a moth :3; And it can beat Genesect in a battle too! Overpowered is a good thing imo.

Years
  • pokeball_gray.jpg
    Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?)

-Volcarona, I love its design and its intriguing gaze.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?

-Definitely Volcarona, orange is my favourite colour and I like that it is predominant in him.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Against each other, who would win the battle?

-Depends what moves they use.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Genesect or Volcarona?

-Volcarona :bandit:

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I think this is an unfair comparison because one is a legendary event pokemon and the other isn't, but I like Volcarona more because he seems to be really unique.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    I vote for a Volcarona.. It is one of the strongest non legendary Pokemon in Unova. It looks much better than Genesect. Genesect is just a Bug type Deoxys.
    If they have a battle, Volcaronas Heat wave will take him out in one hit :)

Back