• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Voltorb Flip or Slot Machines?

I prefer

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 65 50.8%
  • Slot Machines

Votes: 63 49.2%

• Total voters

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
  • Forget this Voltorb game, The slots FTW, we need it to be more Las Vegas-Styled

I sent an email to Nintendo of America about the slot machines, and here is the response I got.

They always send such weak responses like that, they're just trying to torture us on purpose despite how mad we are at them

Well I hope Jennie Chuck didn't do this. XD

But think of it this way guys. I admit the Voltorb Flip is fun. But wouldn't you like to have BOTH instead of just the one game?

Jennie Chuck is just one of the cronies of the people who did this, Jack Thompson, and Hillary Clinton, notable for hating video games and saying that "video games turn children evil"

I'll say Slot Machines, merely for my pure love for it in the past games.
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Voltorb Flip, I've played it like twice...
    But from what I'm experiencing, I don't like it.

I think the inside of the Game Corner is like, really, REALLY small and empty than the outside of it. Heehee

And the inside is way too similar to the Pokemon fan club in Vermillion, in fact, I believed they used the same tileset, and the only people in there are 3 senior citizens, old geezers, Europe should have kept their anti-slot laws in Europe and not stick their nose up Americas ass, thus ruining the slots here in the states like Europe did in platinum, sigh, it looks like Platinum is the last time America will see the beautiful slots

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd suggest not straying from the question and talking about why there are no slots (which has been said many time why in that other thread, although clearly there's still some misconceptions about...Clinton also had naught to do with this! =/), and instead say which you prefer out of the slots or Voltorb flip.

IMO, the slots are better, but they weren't that terribly fun themselves, and the flip ain't half bad. If this is to be the (unfortunate) future for the Game Corner in games, then some more minigames would be nice...

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    You guys need to play the Voltorb game more.

I've been playing Pokemon for 12 years and have never played any slots for more than 5 minutes. There's obviously no skill involved and it's too hard to have such good luck.

I started playing the Voltorb Flip game and within 30 minutes I had it down. I can make thousands of coins at no cost in no time which is impossible with slots. I don't even miss the coin sellers.

All I'm saying is have some patience.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Voltorb flip.

Someone will eventually develop a program to map out flips too. The mathematics behind it should make it highly possible.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Voltorb flip.

I used to get 9999 coins on the slots (AND JUST THE SLOTS!), but this is very addicting (played for 2 hours last night!), unlike teh slots.

Years
  • I find it easier to win coins using Flip. My highest level was 4 so far. Biggest single win of 192 coin.

Watch. Pokemon Trading Card Game becomes a mini-game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I really never played the slots in the other games, because they didn't really interest me much.
    But, I love the flip, and have already played it for a few hours. =]

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • The Voltorb flip is By FAR the best game corner addition in a long time, as it actually makes you THINK, instead of mindlessly spamming the slots.

So far I got like, 600 coins.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • I dont know, like with the slots I sometimes got lucky, and also they had that other game and slots before AND you could buy coins. The flip is so hard for me! I calculate everything and where everything I go to press A 1 second later.... BOOM or "Is this what you were expecting?" I cant get passed level 3 so takes me long time to get coins (Yes I was struggling to get 200 coins)

Also they removed the slots for little kids, well I dont see how a 6 year old could do good on Voltorb Flip.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • I dont know, like with the slots I sometimes got lucky, and also they had that other game and slots before AND you could buy coins. The flip is so hard for me! I calculate everything and where everything I go to press A 1 second later.... BOOM or "Is this what you were expecting?" I cant get passed level 3 so takes me long time to get coins (Yes I was struggling to get 200 coins)
    Everyone is, The reason I love Voltorb flip is because it involves skill, and luck. All about probabilities, and make sure to make use of the Markings.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • Well, since there was so much hustle and bustle about the slots vs the flips, I decided to time how many coins I could get from each in an hour. I got over 900 coins from the slots in an hour, and less than 44 in the voltorb flip. (I pracitced at both for a while beforehand) I can understand if you like the voltorb flip, but it just doesn't cut it for me. IMO they took away the coin purchase so you were forced to play the game. From now on if there's anything I need coin wise, I'm buying it from my jap hgss and transferring it over.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm an expert at the slots, within an hour or so, I was halfway to getting a Porygon. I hate this game as it doesn't make me think at all. I just calculate ever possible combination and I don't click on the bad tiles at all. Within 15 minutes, I was close to getting a Dratini.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Masterge- the person who wrote that customer service reply has NOTHING (**NOTHING**) to do with game development. Just a customer service rep. Don't be bad mouthing them.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Slot Machine. Seriously, I can win with that! The Voltorb Flip is just annoying, I can't seem to win. Currently, I only have 8 coins. They said there were clues there but I can't get it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I adore Voltorb Flip. So much.

It requires more patience and definitely more thinking but it's so worth it. I'm making a lot more coins than I ever used to with the slots and I'm having fun doing it. I just wish that my games weren't so up to chance. D: Plenty of times, I'll figure out the entire board except for 4 squares that could either be Voltorbs or 3/2s and I'm stuck guessing. ;_; I hate that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    If it actually had more skill like 'Minesweeper' or 'Picross' I'd like it. WAY. TOO. MUCH. LUCK. REQUIRED.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I prefer the Slots. I'm actually decent at those, and the fact that they removed people you can buy Coins from kinda defeats the purpose of the Game Corner. I suck at Voltorb Flip, anyways.

That is exactly how I feel. I don't even think they should have kept the Game Corner. The whole purpose of it is gone anyway.

I hate Voltorb Flip. I can't win. I want the slots back. They should have kept the slots. I hate that they took them out. That's ridiculous.

Back