• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokemon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • Why go through the Pokedex when you can just randomly pick Pokemon to do?

Because I'm partially OCD perfectionist. If I set my mind onto something, I stubbornly attempt to complete it and I intend(after I get my Vulpix/Ninetales fix by raising Ninetales and both Alolan forms) to raise Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur(whether I'll do male and female forms, I don't know). Then I'll do its Mega for the time I get the Mega Stone before repeating everything on Charmander line(and doing both Mega's). Then Squirtle line before doing Caterpie and Metapod(I'll have Butterfree). Then Weedle, Kakuna and Beedrill(plus Mega) and so on and so forth.

I might opt to skip to Pichu so as to satisfy the requirement for Zapdos.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • You plan on doing all forms of Pokemon like Vivillon?

Well my goal is to recreate the Pokedex as the species appear but I'm going to reorder them so that species are all together. Hence Steelix would be next to Onix, Scizor next to Scyther and so on. That way you'll see all the Kanto Pokemon together(including Alolan Variants) along with their future Generation brethren. Then, and only then, will I add in the new additions like Sentret and so on for Johto, Hoenn and subsequent regions. Meaning its going to be a LONG time before I get around to Altaria and its Mega form lol.

Oh and yes I do intend to do all those Vivillon and Furfrou. Just not looking forward to it when I get there....

Might I suggest three new "Sets":

1) Vivillon set: There are XX Vivillon variants(I've lost track honestly... You have at least 18 in the challenge area though) and for 100/per(although im tempted to petition for 50/per), you gain all variants. Keep in mind, the variants in this set only count as 1 VPP. Some people(raises hand) will opt to do the set because we're nuts and it'd be crazy to raise each variant seperately. I haven't bothered to look at how many there are but there's TONS of them.

2) Furfrou set: There are at least eight(there's nine right? Haven't played XY) Furfrou variants and for 100/per(ditto petitioning half that), gain all variants but they count as 1 VPP.

3) Unown set: Forget how many there are(28?) but for 100 posts/per(ditto petitioning half that), gain all Unown variants but count as 1 VPP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've got both Vivillon and Furfrou sets. I have 3 different sets for Vivillons but you can't get the Pokeball or Fancy pattern. Those I've saved for events or something special.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I've got both Vivillon and Furfrou sets. I have 3 different sets for Vivillons but you can't get the Pokeball or Fancy pattern. Those I've saved for events or something special.

What I was trying to suggest was that since you're raising the same Pokemon over and over again(only difference is aesthetics) that we lump them all together with a fixed post requirement and they all count as 1 VPP(and not multiple VPP's). Hence when I get to Kalos in National Dex 5 years from now(lol), I'll have to post like 1800 times just to raise all those different Vivillon(wherein they'd count as 1 VPP and not 18 from those 3 sets). I'd also apply that to Furfrou(where there's at least 9 or so I think) and Unown(28 if my research is right <- that's crazy btw).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    They're all considered a different Pokemon just like Mega Pokemon. The only Pokemon that count as 1 is if you raise a pair like you're doing right now.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So not looking forward to Kalos. Granted that Unown marathon... that's insanity personified. Who's bright idea was to create a Pokemon like that? smh

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Yaaaaaaay! My precious Sewaddle hatched. :3

tumblr_ojf797O5Zr1s6wm16o1_500.gif

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Can't believe it time but its finally time to move onto the next VPP!!!

Username: CodeHelmet
    Pokemon: Leafeon & Glaceon <- using Vanillite as my requirement
    Postcount: 1638 as of this post(which completes the last duo of Umbreon and Espeon)
    Northern Hemisphere

Ugh now I have to update Signature... only bad part lmao

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    May I raise another Pokemon please? :) I think I should qualify!

Name: Fairy
    Pokemon: Oddish
    043.gif

Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Northern

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • May I raise another Pokemon please? :) I think I should qualify!

043.gif

So you going to evolve it to Bellossom, Vileplume or keep it as is? LMK if you want to swap Sylveons :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Can't believe it time but its finally time to move onto the next VPP!!!

Username: CodeHelmet
    Pokemon: Leafeon & Glaceon <- using Vanillite as my requirement
    Postcount: 1638 as of this post(which completes the last duo of Umbreon and Espeon)
    Northern Hemisphere

Ugh now I have to update Signature... only bad part lmao

Eevee & Eevee @ 1,638
    Hatch @ 1,653
    Leafeon & Glaceon @ Level 100: 1,938
    Shiny: No

May I raise another Pokemon please? :) I think I should qualify!

043.gif

Oddish @ 6,209
    Hatch @ 6,224
    Vileplume or Bellossom @ Level 100: 6,359
    Shiny: Yes

So you going to evolve it to Bellossom, Vileplume or keep it as is? LMK if you want to swap Sylveons :P

Well as of right now there is no trading VPP's but I have been trying to figure things out for it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Eevee & Eevee @ 1,638
    Hatch @ 1,653
    Leafeon & Glaceon @ Level 100: 1,938
    Shiny: No

Oddish @ 6,209
    Hatch @ 6,224
    Vileplume or Bellossom @ Level 100: 6,359
    Shiny: Yes

Well as of right now there is no trading VPP's but I have been trying to figure things out for it.

We'd be swapping the same Pokémon, only that mine is shiny and Fairy's isn't. In a sense, nothing would change from a VPP requirement standpoint, only aesthetic unless I was tomuse Sylveon for a shiny challenge hah. Breeder stats updated.

Just noticed something though. When I finish this pair and ultimately the remaining Eevolutions, I would complete a challenge(wherein I'd get one free Non-Legendary) and Hit 10 VPP's for a free Master Pokemon(hence getting two Pokémon at once). I'm thinking Pidgey and Pidgeotto so that I'll have two Flying Types done and set aside for my next two Legendary Pokémon in Moltres and Articuno(intend to raise Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales for this).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Either way you'd still be having Pokemon you didn't raise yourself. Doesn't matter if you've used them for something yet or not.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Eh was worth looking into it. I'm sure she's fine with a Normal one heh. Oh I got a new pairing for you: Gardevoir(Female Evolution) and Gallade(Male Evolution). Pretty sure you have Froslass and Glalie and Nidoran Male/Female heh. As OCD as I am for completing things, I think I'll pass on the Male and Female aesthetic differences like on Venusaur and Meowstic(granted Female form has different color and ability so maybe that should be a pairing too).

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well hey if y'all figure out a way to do proper trades I'll always accept a shiny Sylveon! In the meantime though, I will be more than happy with my shiny Bellossom. Thanks Caite! :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Question regarding Shiny Pokemon. Base rate for getting a shiny is 25% and Rainbow stone raises it to 35%. Other method is completing a challenge. So when I complete a challenge, does that Shiny Pokemon roll for one of my existing VPP's or is it an entirely new(and free) VPP?

Post your FTE move before I annoy you with more questions.

Updated VPP plans:

#7: Leafeon&Glaceon *ongoing*
    #8: Flareon
    #9: Vaporeon
    #10: Jolteon
    Claim #11: Pidgey and #12: Pidgeotto as Master Pokemon and Challenge reward respectively.
    #13: Moltres *first legendary* <- uses Vulpix, Flareon and Pidgey
    #14: Ninetales
    #15: Alolan Vulpix
    #16: Alolan Ninetales <- I'll easily have Alolan Stone by then
    #17: Bulbasaur
    #18: Ivysaur
    #19: Venusaur
    #20: Charmander <- I won't have the VPPP to buy the Mega Ring and Mega Stone for Mega Venusaur
    #21: Charmeleon
    #22: Pidgeot <- Master Pokemon reward
    #23: Charizard
    #24: Articuno *second legendary* <- using Alolan Vulpix, Vaporeon and Pidgeotto
    #25: Squirtle
    #26: Wartortle
    #27: Blastoise
    #28: Caterpie
    #29: Metapod
    #30: Butterfree&Beedrill pair
    #31: Weedle
    #32: Kakuna
    #33: Pichu <- Master Pokemon
    #34: Rattata
    #35: Zapdos *3rd Legendary* using Jolteon, Pichu and Pidgeot
    #36: Raticate
    #37: Alolan Rattata
    #38: Alolan Raticate
    #39: Spearow
    #40: Fearow
    #41: Ekans
    #42: Arbok
    #43: Pikachu
    #44: Alolan Raichu <- Master Pokemon
    #45: Suicune *4th legendary* <- using Squirtle, Wartortle and Blastoise
    #46: Raichu
    #47: Sandshrew
    #48: Sandslash
    #49: Alolan Sandshrew
    #50: Alolan Sandslash
    #51: Nidoran(Male) & Nidoran(Female) pair <- using Sandshrew as requirement
    #52: Nidorina
    #53: Nidoqueen
    #54: Nidorino
    #55: Voltorb <- Master Pokemon
    #56: Raikou *5th Legendary* <- using Pikachu, Raichu and Voltorb
    #57: Nidoking
    #58: Cleffa
    #59: Clefairy
    #60 Clefable
    #61: Igglybuff
    #62: Jigglypuff
    #63: Wigglytuff
    #64: Zubat
    #65: Golbat
    #66: Bellossum <- Master Pokemon
    #67: Entei *6th Legendary* <- using Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard
    #68: Crobat
    #69: Oddish
    #70: Gloom
    #71: Vileplume
    #72: Paras
    #73: Parasect
    #74: Venonat
    #75: Venomoth
    #76: Diglett
    #77: Exeggcute <- Master Pokemon
    #78: Celebi *7th Legendary* <- Using Exeggcute, Alolan Raichu and Paras
    #79: Alolan Diglett
    #80: Dugtrio
    #81: Alolan Dugtrio
    #82: Meowth
    #83: Alolan Meowth
    #84: Persian
    #85: Alolan Persian
    and so on and so forth... ugh lmao I'll die before I even finish the Kanto Pokedex...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back