• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait. Do you have protection?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I use Avast! Antivirus. I once used Norton, and then I realised how much it sucked.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Avast! 2011 Free for me as well.

I used AVG on my old computer and I ended up with 48 viruses, but since I wasn't the only one using it, I know who to blame-not the antivirus. I chose Avast! over AVG for flexibility reasons, though.

Oh, I also heard a lot of positive comments from my friends about an AV called Avira, but I never really bothered checking it out.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Malware bytes. It's free, but I don't really use it much, since I pretty careful to be honest.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I personally use NOD32 Smart Security 4. I go from trial to trial. ;)
    I've found that it's footprint and memory usage is tiny compared to AVG and Norton. It's a lot easier for gaming, since I don't need to disable it when I want to play. I'm also very confident in it's detection rate.
    I don't typically use any antiviruses I've never used; MSE, AVG, NOD32, Spybot, and Malwarebytes are the only AV/AMW that I'm comfortable with using.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I use Avast, and it's by far the best free antivirus I've ever us. I used to have a NOD32 license, and I still think that's my favorite antivirus overall, but I just couldn't justify paying to renew when there are plenty of free options that are plenty effective.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    No I never do it with protection

oh, that

yeah... ESET, and Trojan

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i use symantec in my laptop now. i had avast! in my previous desktop, though, and it was pretty hassle as i practically had to reaffirm my license of usage or something every 6 months or so (i can't really remember), but it was effective. the one i use now (symantec) is pretty okay, although i'm already more or less careful, so i haven't had any major virus problem so far.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I had McAfee but it now expired so I don't have anything now...
    Probably gonna download MSE since I have it elsewhere =)
    And what I hate is AVG, Avira and McAfee (yeah I know...), AVG is pretty bad and Avira with McAfee almost always consider normal programs as viruses.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    Common Sense 2011 Enterprise Edition.

Malwarebytes, and SUPER Anti-Spyware​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Had McAfee, it annoyed the life out of me. I had Norton, it annoyed the life out of me. I use the free version of AVG currently.

NismoZ

SMW Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    Symantec Endpoint thing that my dad installed on it.

That's all I know.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    y linux need antivirus?

i c lack of common sense

-------------------------

I use Malwarebytes because its not Norton or McAfee.

Apparently it doesn't like TF2 sending server stats though. Yeah, Malwarebytes, I don't think hl2.exe is trying to hijack my computer...

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I use Avast, it's working ok. But I don't like the popups about the license. Well, we all know that it's not the virus which is dangerous. But the user :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    I use Linux, so the threat level is almost zero, but I do have ClamTK, just because, even though I really don't need it.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • I have protecting. I have Norton 360 full membership and some Microsoft thing I think... It really helps me. Also I have a cookie cleaner so my computer is really protected..

Back