• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait. Do you have protection?

Years
  • Wait. Do you have protection?

Antivirus

What antivirus are you running on your computer/laptop?
    Is there any particular reason you picked that piece of software?
    Are there any antivirus programs you make sure you stay away from?

bet you thought something else didn't you?

Last edited:

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I use MSE, Its free, and its actually pretty good. I use Malwarebytes on the side and scan once in a while. I also use Malwarebytes to remove viruses on other people's computers. It is really good at removing Malware, including viruses.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I use the free version of Avast. It works well enough for me. ^__^ I have never actually paid for antivirus. >__>

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    that title lol

I've always used either Microsoft Security Essentials or an anti-virus program called ESET, but Microsoft Security Essentials is free from Microsoft and gets the job done. There's really no reason not to use it, because it's great. There actually isn't really much of a need for some anti-viruses anymore since Microsoft came out with Windows Vista and MSE is free.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I use Intego because it scans for all forms of viri, no matter which platform it's programmed for. I mainly use it so I don't accidentally pass on a virus to another computer that might not have as much protection.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Common Sense 2011. Pretty darn resource efficient.

Years
  • I use MSE, but I might change that when Windows 8 comes out since it will be drastically more targeted because it's built into Windows 8, though switching may depend on how frequently Microsoft decides to update it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • So you use MSE and a fake antivirus? :paranoid: Huh, doesn't sound resource efficient at all. :P
    Common Sense 2011 is another way of saying I don't do dumb things that are likely to result in getting a virus.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, I'm currently using Avast for all of the computers I'm using. Previously I was using AVG but I found that it was never reliable. D: Avast hasn't failed on me since. It's nicer, accurate and less annoying than Norton, tbh.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • @_@ Misleading title.
    I don't think I've downloaded any antivirus software xD; Actually Idk I think my sister downloaded it for me or something :/ lol.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Avg and MSE,God gotta love free programs,they may not be pro or anything but they sure get the job done.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • AVG 2011 Free Edition. It's usually good at not hogging system memory, but sometimes I have to go in to the control panel and tweak the settings. I had Norton and MSE before, and both would slow my computer to a crawl whenever they needed to download updates, so I stopped using them.

Actually, I didn't choose it this time - AVG happened to already come on this computer... since it hasn't been too problematic, I've just kept using it.

Back