• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Walkthrough or not?

Will you use a walkthrough?

• I can't do the game by myself, I will use a walkthrough.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Heck no, I don't need a walkthrough.

Votes: 51 89.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • I'll still buy a walkthrough, i love having guides to my games (L)
    but i won't use it to like guide me along the story, just to point out where the pokemon i want are, and what levels they learn moves etc

Years
  • When I was a kid and I was stuck in all the caves in Blue, I used walkthroughs. But now, all I need is Marriland's Team Checker to see any weaknesses my final team may have.

EDIT: You can find that on Serebii and Bulbapedia, Ryan.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I don't really need them but I usually use online walkthroughs to find out where certain Pokemon are and to find the ways though annoying caves. It's because it's easy to miss a way (I used to hate Mt. Silver for that matter...needed hours to find the way out -.-)
    Other than that, no. I build my Team up by chance and the sorylines are also always easy in Pokemon games.

Years
  • No. I have no use for a walkthrough because I can find all the information I need on the internet. Plus, I really don't have any place in my room to put the walkthrough at when I am done with it.

Years
  • When I was a kid and I was stuck in all the caves in Blue, I used walkthroughs. But now, all I need is Marriland's Team Checker to see any weaknesses my final team may have.

EDIT: You can find that on Serebii and Bulbapedia, Ryan.

yeah i know you can, but i love having guides to my games
    i had a guide for the original games (L)
    I won't use it overly for the main story, but i will for the side quests etc if i get stuck

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Im getting it just for the art, maps, and the knolage of having another Pokemon gameguide on my Pokemon table.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    The first time I always play through solo. Then if I decide to restart, then I'll use the guide to make sure that I get everything.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Never used a walkthrough for Pokémon, never will. But I'll get it for the heck of it. Like posted above, maybe for artworks and game mechanics, etc.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Official walkthroughs have less detail of the games than online walkthroughs that you can easily find for free. Even then, I only use walkthroughs when I want to find a legendary Pokemon. Walkthroughs also ruin the suspense of the game. It'd be better for me not to use a walkthrough.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Never used one in my entire life. It would take the fun out of it.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • If I truly get stuck, I'll turn to one. I got confused in Pearl/Platinum a couple times, even, so that was the first time I had to use help. Meh, I prefer going through alone, but if I can't, I can't.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • ^ Yeah. If I get stuck very badly then I guess I have to turn to walkthroughs.

Years
  • I've never used a walkthrough for ANY game in my entire life, so I don't think I'll start now, and I've played Silver and Crystal so many times I don't think I can get stuck anywhere, if I do, I'll figure it out the old fashioned way, search till I find what I'm looking for. xD

~Unknown

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
  • I've never used a walkthrough for any of the Pokemon games that I've played so I doubt that I'll get one for Soul Silver.

That's right, I got through the Distortion World by myself.
    I didn't like the fabric tearing maze ...

Back