• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

War of the Thunder Stones

Which is better?

• Raichu

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Jolteon

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters

gigapoodle

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Years
    The Thunderstone is used to evolve two pokemon; Raichu and Jolteon. So, which one is better?

Raichu, the quirky evolution of Pikachu?
    Or Jolteon, the electric branch of the Eeveelutions?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Well, since Raichu is my fourth favorite pokemon, and Jolteon isn't in my top 100, I'm going to have to say Raichu. I just don't like Jolteon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Oh, I love me some Jolteon. I always pick Eeveelutions over...Pikalutions.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I always use a Raichu

Probably because I can put a pikachu into my team early on and train it with my others.

By the time I get my eevee my other pokemon have left it in the dust in terms of levels.

Plus I always use a vaporeon because it is one of the first water types I come across.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Jolteon is not only my favorite Eeeveelution Pokemon, but it's also my partner in XD: Gale of Darkness. :)

Besides, Raichu is a no no for me.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    I'm totally going with Jolteon because I love Eevolutions. <3

Pikachu evo line are pretty boring and meh, and I never liked Raichu anyway.

Halfwit

Super Monk
    Years
    I'm not mad about eeveelutions, but jolteon is my favourite of them. I remember that animé episode where arbok tried to use Wrap on a jolteon and got pierced by the spikes o.o
    ..hey, it just stuck in my head.
    Also, jolteon knows Pin Missile, which is one of my favourite moves for some reason.

However, I do like raichu.. and I'm not sure why. I always preferred it to pikachu and was annoyed when it stopped learning attacks after evolution, which is very rude of it. Actually that annoys me about most stone-evolving pokémon. I was most thrilled when I found out that the eeveelutions didn't follow this pattern so.. so that's another plus for jolteon there o.o

Years
    Raichu has always been a preference.
    I always found the muddy looking pattern in its hands really sweet :>
    and the ear swirls are so quirky.. and the long whip like tail.
    Dunno, just always appealed to me.

I don't particularly dislike Jolteon, but it never caught my attention.. just looks like it could do with a good brush.

Back