• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I understand your point so its cool. But i've seen nobody talk about a reason Game Freak would remove it. You got any ideas?
    The most common arguments I've seen is that GameFreak might think the protagonist's designs are too iconic to allow players to edit it, 'It would be like changing Red's design,' and that trainer customization was intended to be a feature exclusive to Kalos, like how PokeStar Studios is for Black and White 2 or the Pokemon following feature is for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I can prove they have stopped using quite a bit of tradition in the screenshots. For instance, they gave Brendan actual hair, which is necessary for customization. If they were going classic, there would be no hair. They went classic style with Gold in HGSS so why didn't they make Brendan that way now?

Next, this is unrelated but they put in all 9 Sinnoh forms in the pokedex unlike HGSS where they only put 5/22 forms because of ancient power evolution. They were hooked on tradition when it came to HGSS and FRLG where it made no sense when you couldn't get a Crobat in the main game. I can see that its almost confirmed that the Hoenn pokedex is expanded.

Oh yeah and starting in ORAS, all gyms, centers, and marts have icon signage. I'm trying to figure out all three icons on the pokemarts. One is surely a pokeball, another is likely a potion, now I wanna figure out the last icon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can prove they have stopped using quite a bit of tradition in the screenshots. For instance, they gave Brendan actual hair, which is necessary for customization. If they were going classic, there would be no hair. They went classic style with Gold in HGSS so why didn't they make Brendan that way now?

Next, this is unrelated but they put in all 9 Sinnoh forms in the pokedex unlike HGSS where they only put 5/22 forms because of ancient power evolution. They were hooked on tradition when it came to HGSS and FRLG where it made no sense when you couldn't get a Crobat in the main game. I can see that its almost confirmed that the Hoenn pokedex is expanded.

Oh yeah and starting in ORAS, all gyms, centers, and marts have icon signage. I'm trying to figure out all three icons on the pokemarts. One is surely a pokeball, another is likely a potion, now I wanna figure out the last icon.

What do you mean by actual hair? He had hair in RSE xD. Also they changed Ethan/Gold's hair too compared to the originals.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Well the hair wasn't visible in the original RSE. But overall design in HGSS wasn't changed much. Well, I can't remember HGSS much because once you go XY, you can't leave the faster battling system. I can't even play older games for legendaries because its irritating.

Years
    Well the hair wasn't visible in the original RSE. But overall design in HGSS wasn't changed much. Well, I can't remember HGSS much because once you go XY, you can't leave the faster battling system. I can't even play older games for legendaries because its irritating.

It actually was visible in the older games, they just made it more noticeable than before.

I think GF may leave it at only the contest costumes as far as customization goes for these games. Though I hope we get it to the extent of XY's...well actually bigger than XY. Perhaps if GF is worried about the iconic image they'll allow full customization post game for those who don't leave the games after they are done with them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Well I know that they said theres "much more," content for veteran players when they announced Mega Audino.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Time to fight lot of clones for online battle then, we will have lot of May into her contest costume.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Why would they remove customization if it will drive players away from buying ORAS? Many players don't want ORAS to be the same game in 3D. Thats one of the biggest issues they need to stay away from and removing customization would be the ultimate way to drive players away. Don't forget that these games will battle online with XY. Not trying to be arrogant, just making a point.

Last edited:

Years
    Why would they remove customization if it will drive players away from buying ORAS? Theres many players who don't want ORAS to not be the same game but in 3D. I mean there are a massive amount of people like that. Thats one of the biggest issues they need to stay away from and removing customization would be the ultimate way to drive players away. Don't forget that these games will battle online with XY.

You just used a double negative there (It should be "There's many players who don't want ORAS to be the same game, but in 3D").

They did remove the time mechanic in FrLg, and didn't put location evolutions in HgSs. Also the left out seasons in this generation, and left out night for Gen III.

Years
    You just used a double negative there (It should be "There's many players who don't want ORAS to be the same game, but in 3D").

They did remove the time mechanic in FrLg, and didn't put location evolutions in HgSs. Also the left out seasons in this generation, and left out night for Gen III.

Thats true but I don't think night and day adds really anything special (but its still kind of necessary for Espeon, Umbreon evolution but gen III got around that with evolution stones for this in XD) and seasons where annoying (I only want to play in summer lol).

Player customization is a big deal in my opinion as it make the online multiplayer more original rather than clone v clone.

But they could leave it Kalos only by saying Boutiques/fashion is a French thing (thus giving Kalo's its unique French feel)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I need to ask something that will probably disprove customization. In the original RSE, did they let you name your rival?

NVM I took a look and they don't let you. Heres why thats bad. I'm sure the characters real names are Brendan and May for sure. RS never lets you name your rival. Those photos of the characters in the contests are 100% for sure the player and not the rival.

Last edited:

Years
    I need to ask something that will probably disprove customization. In the original RSE, did they let you name your rival?

NVM I took a look and they don't let you. Heres why thats bad. I'm sure the characters real names are Brendan and May for sure. RS never lets you name your rival. Those photos of the characters in the contests are 100% for sure the player and not the rival.

Well XY doesn't let us nickname our rival either.

@ Gardevoir Night and Day were quite missed back in Gen III from those who enjoyed Gen II, so back then it was what customization is now. Let's just hope it won't be like the Follow feature, which has only been in YDPPHgSs (Pikachu for Yellow, the Amity pokemon that are allowed, and all of the Pokemon (at the time) in HgSs).
    Also off topic but I do wonder if any of the games without seasons take place in Summer. Pt seems to be winter (the Snow, but that could be due to the climate change mentioned though but that wasn't explored...), HgSs seems to be fall (falling leaves in Ecruteak), and XY seem to be Spring (look at Sawbuck).

Years
    Well XY doesn't let us nickname our rival either.

@ Gardevoir Night and Day were quite missed back in Gen III from those who enjoyed Gen II, so back then it was what customization is now. Let's just hope it won't be like the Follow feature, which has only been in YDPPHgSs (Pikachu for Yellow, the Amity pokemon that are allowed, and all of the Pokemon (at the time) in HgSs).
    Also off topic but I do wonder if any of the games without seasons take place in Summer. Pt seems to be winter (the Snow, but that could be due to the climate change mentioned though but that wasn't explored...), HgSs seems to be fall (falling leaves in Ecruteak), and XY seem to be Spring (look at Sawbuck).

It was more my opinion than fact about day/night I just always used to hate how most of my playtime on the games where at night and but I preferred the Day apperance.

Hoenns quite summer like, your right about the other though, XY the seasons seem different in different parts (route 16 seems autumn yet 17 seems winter) but this could just be the geography of the land but yeah sawbuck is spring.

Years
    You know since the models appear to be based off of those of the XY Characters it makes one wonder if GF is being lazy, or if they want to keep customization exclusive to Kalos after all. I am hoping that the contest costumes are GF's beta experiment for ORAS customization, and GF will reveal out of contest cloths.
    Maybe we'll even get the Suitcase item that was in XY which would've allowed us to change outside of a Pokemon center (not sure why they didn't put it in the actual games).

Years
    You know since the models appear to be based off of those of the XY Characters it makes one wonder if GF is being lazy, or if they want to keep customization exclusive to Kalos after all. I am hoping that the contest costumes are GF's beta experiment for ORAS customization, and GF will reveal out of contest cloths.
    Maybe we'll even get the Suitcase item that was in XY which would've allowed us to change outside of a Pokemon center (not sure why they didn't put it in the actual games).

Just casual get changed out in the middle of a route lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014

In the video below, the pokemarts in Hoenn now have three identification icons at :18. The one in the middle is a pokeball and i'm sure one of them is a potion icon. Now I can't figure out what the third icon would be. Maybe customization? Well, in XY, the pokemon centers use a clothing icon thats separate and a potion icon for the mart section. Whats likely to be that last icon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJEyj6ctTQ

Last edited:
    Back