• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

Years
  • Yeah...the look with the smile can be creepy. Or at least they should have a mood thing where the player will show the mood "you're in" for the day.
    I prefered it when they at least had that bubble thing in Gen 4 that showed what someone was feeling occasionally if not more so for your pokemon. I'd want that given to humans as well to at least show how they're feeling if their faces are frozen in place.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I preferred it when they at least had that bubble thing in Gen 4 that showed what someone was feeling occasionally if not more so for your pokemon. I'd want that given to humans as well to at least show how they're feeling if their faces are frozen in place.

Yeah. It also gets boring to always have the same expression on all the time. I hope that they also have a ton more clothes, as XY felt limited in that aspect.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Even if there was customization, I wouldn't customize my guy. Brendan looks amazing x)

I would do the same thing as well.

But if they decided to add Brendan's old attire into the mix, I'll definitely use that instead.

Years
  • i'm assuming changeable clothes are coming back if they arent coming back i'd be sad i think it was a great addition to X & Y

Years
  • Don't see the point of customization when the playable characters are already perfect. :] Haha, but if they bring customization back, which I'm honestly not so sure will make a return now, I can't wait to try hundreds of different outfits on redesigned May. She's such a cutie! Also anxious to switch Brendan's trademark hat out, see what he looks like with something different.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    As far as I know the purpose of remaking a game is to improve it so it makes sense to add customization, at least I hope they add it. I'd also like to see more hair and eye color options. It also annoyed me how so much of the clothing in X and Y was so brightly colored so I'd like more darker colored clothes.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I really hope they add this aspect in Contests similar to the anime wherein the trainers are also suited up in suits and dresses <333

I'm hoping to see a ton of suits and dresses for Brendan and May <333

Years
  • I really hope they add this aspect in Contests similar to the anime wherein the trainers are also suited up in suits and dresses <333

I'm hoping to see a ton of suits and dresses for Brendan and May <333

Ooh, that would be tons of fun! Trying on different suits with alternating styles and patterns, as well as numerous ties! I could see them making some with Pokemon, kind of like this. Personally, I'd equip Brendan with a bow-tie, haha. The dresses for May would be absolutely gorgeous as well! Maybe, depending on the outfit, the player can receive bonus points.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Traveling around in a kimono might be a little awkward, though. The same goes for the heavy samurai clothing. I just want the simple stuff, like bandannas that cover all of May's hair, different colored hats for Brendan, but all the same style because it literally is not Brendan without that hat. Maybe their Emerald clothing, and so on.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • I really hope customization returns. I am not really feeling the default characters. I hope major customization starts early rather than just have a hat store for the first few towns. Also id like if they gave off variations of the old outfits, such as a blue themed emerald outfit for May and a red themed one for Brendan. Generic outfits like X/Y will just be painful to play through in :(

Years
  • I want a MegaSceptile hat and a MegaBlaziken trenchcoat-peacoat and a Pikachu bag

and a

I (heart) (your starter) T-shirt... from PC lady
    a Ludicolo hat would be sick though

Years
  • I think the most awesome thing they could give us the old protagonist clothing with designs similar to the primal awakening forms, you know – the old outfits having similar highlights on the old costumes glow too king of like the tron suits.

Or if they let us have the Groudon and Kyogre inspired costumes from PKMN revolution to mess around with again.

Last edited:

Years
  • I was just looking at the screenshots in Serebii from today, and noticed that in the one with the person looking at the cave, the person has Brendan's hat. At first I thought it may be steven but his "hair" is white instead of bluish grey hair. However he was wearing black clothes instead of the default clothing. Perhaps this is a sign of customization? Now to find it out if it is Brendan.

Years
  • To me, after seeing this trailer, I can't be positive that they'll bring back customization. Every shot of Brendan had him in the same outfit; when he was running around outside Rustboro, inside Mr. Briney's ship, running towards the Team Magma/Aqua headquarters, and so on. Could be on purpose in order to hide the feature, so maybe I'm wrong. :c

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • To me, after seeing this trailer, I can't be positive that they'll bring back customization. Every shot of Brendan had him in the same outfit; when he was running around outside Rustboro, inside Mr. Briney's ship, running towards the Team Magma/Aqua headquarters, and so on. Could be on purpose in order to hide the feature, so maybe I'm wrong. :c

Same thing happened in XY Previews. We were confused about customization cuz they wore the same clothes all the time.

I want to rock some Tyrantrum footie pajamas. Or a Giant fruit hat. Come on GF, let's really customize!!

Years
  • Same thing happened in XY Previews. We were confused about customization cuz they wore the same clothes all the time.

I want to rock some Tyrantrum footie pajamas. Or a Giant fruit hat. Come on GF, let's really customize!!

There was a scene in XY in which the mc didn't had his sun glasses on, that sparked speculation on customization. Maybe GF is making sure they don't give it away like they did in XY.

Years
  • There was a scene in XY in which the mc didn't had his sun glasses on, that sparked speculation on customization. Maybe GF is making sure they don't give it away like they did in XY.

Since it isn't a new feature, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to give it away. Maybe, if they did in fact purposefully shroud the customization feature in recent trailers and screenshots at E3 to reveal it during the Get TV slot. I definitely want it to come back, so I can waste hours trying different dresses on May, haha! c:

Back