• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I'd love it if PokéMarts were once again integrated into the Pokémon Centers and the blue-roofed buildings were actually boutiques, but GF wants to cater to "nostalgia" instead of advancing the game...

Personally I hope the clothes are not the same as in X and Y. There would be no point actually, since Hoenn is a tropical region. If they're the same, and there are salons and other things, I'd have to question why customization is in the game, because then what would be the point of playing as Brendan/May? They could be replaced by any other generic character.

It's all part of the balance between making a remake and making it feel somewhat fresh at the same time as they mentioned in HgSs. I guess they could've left out Megas and had the Pokemarts together with the Pokecenters lol. I'm just kidding, but really it's something really minor which I don't mind. They could add in the boutiques to the Pokemarts too so that we'll check them out every town we go to see if they have any clothes in them.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm really seeing that the Marts will have some simple clothing like in real-life how there are not much expensive clothing are in the ordinary marts. Maybe they can have each mart have it's own special clothing that can only be bought in that branch?

Years
  • Maybe instead of extensive customization, they'll allow us to change the colors of the players outfits, like turn May into Sapphire with blue clothing, as well as being able to change their hair colors/skin tone. At least that way, it retains the traditional May/Brendan look, but also allows the player to make the character their own.

Years
  • I'm really seeing that the Marts will have some simple clothing like in real-life how there are not much expensive clothing are in the ordinary marts. Maybe they can have each mart have it's own special clothing that can only be bought in that branch?

That'll be cool. Slateport could sell shirts that look like hawaiian shirts, Rustboro could see a shirt with a Beldum on it, Fortree could see leaf necklaces ( there was no jewelry in XY, not counting the irremovable Mega Ring).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Thinking on it, I'd say keep the wardrobe customization but remove the hairstyle feature just for this game.

Years
  • Thinking on it, I'd say keep the wardrobe customization but remove the hairstyle feature just for this game.

I say if they decide to add the feature, they need to commit too it fully. Don't leave anything it, just include all the little tidbits and quirks of the entire mechanic and advertise it! Show May and Brendan off in different outfits, sporting new hats and uniquely colored hair. At least that way, it's not seen as something they threw in at the end of development to please the crowd.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I hope they would add the RS and E outfits tbh. Maybe have Brendan customizable with white hair for a change? x3 So far they haven't introduced the idea that customization will be back in ORAS but I hope they will soon.

Years
  • Judging the in-game trailers, I don't think they will have trainer customization. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have them.

Yeah, as of yet we haven't seen anything that could lead us to believe that customization makes a debut in Hoenn, but I don't think we can write it off completely yet. It's been mentioned before, but they may just be holding off showing that feature until later on, as components they plan to add into the mechanic haven't been completed yet.

Salzorrah

Years
  • If you look at the first trailer of XY, trainer customization wasn't debuted then. If they do appear, I'm seeing that they would in due time.

Years
  • If you look at the first trailer of XY, trainer customization wasn't debuted then. If they do appear, I'm seeing that they would in due time.
    Yeah, it was more of overlooking something on GF's part that allowed people to start speculating on customization as being a real thing for XY seeing how at one point (forget what trailer it was) he was missing his sunglasses.

Maybe in the next trailer with the trainers we'll notice something different between what we've seen and that one.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I would like to see the return of character customization, and if they do bring it back, I hope there will be more options for the male this time around.

Also, if they do bring this option back, I hope they sell clothes that Brendan and May originally wore in Ruby and Sapphire, and maybe Emerald too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I want to be able to dye my clothes and not be restricted on colors. I hated how the game didn't had lot of Pink outfits or even a Fedora for females.

Years
  • I want to be able to dye my clothes and not be restricted on colors. I hated how the game didn't had lot of Pink outfits or even a Fedora for females.

Yeah, especially considering that a lot of the clothes for the males were simply recolors of other clothes...so it'll be nice if we could just buy one shirt and have it's color changed...or a set of shirts in the same style but different colors that isn't expensive.

Years
  • If they do implement customization, I do hope they take the time to improve it as well. Male players were left in the dust compared to the amount of options female players had in terms of clothing. They definitely need to see that this discrepancy is fixed. To be honest, I didn't use the feature often in X and Y, so it's hard for me to provide input on what needs to change, but that's something I'm sure of. d:

Years
  • Since the region is tropical I expect tropical only clothes. Maybe there'll be a swimsuit style change. Maybe something similar to what the Tuber children wear at least...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I really hope customization comes back, but with even more options than before. One thing I want to see is Team Aqua/Magma uniforms; assuming you side with one team like in the originals, maybe the leader of your respective team could give you a uniform. Considering how swag the Aqua uniforms are I really want to be able to wear one.

And please, please, let me take off my hat. Or at least introduce better options for hats.

And maybe they could introduce some formalwear for contests. Stuff like a tux, a vest/tie combo, and a suit would be cool. In fact, if they bring contests back maybe your outfit could be a part of judging.

doraemonz

Beyond 9 ~*
    Years
  • ^
    Omg yes, being able to wear team magma uniforms would be so epic!

I wish there was an option to get rid of my hat/bandana/bag and more hat options like a beanie or snapback. Also would love it if they provided more hair styles, dyes, different types of shoes like boots/heels/wedges. Definitely more clothes for males and females.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I am really hopeful for character customization. One thing I would love to see them do is give us clothing options from previous generations. Think of being able to dress like Red or the G/S protagonist. I think it would be a great idea to lock these items behind battle challenges (perhaps the Battle Frontier?).

Honestly, game devs that don't recognize how big character customization is to their player base, especially in multiplayer games which Pokemon has one solid foot in, should probably look for a new job lol.

Back