• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Can't people just accept it was a stupid act by extremists?

You can't blame everything on the government.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Can't people just accept it was a stupid act by extremists?

You can't blame everything on the government.

While bemusedly simple, there would at least have to be a reason behind this attack...

Bin Laden used to work with the US, and whatever sort of history occurred there as a result, well... you just have to look to today's stuff...

I'd still rather be vague on this topic though, just because there is still so many unknowns... I mean they've just started declassifying stuff from over half a century ago (if not longer). Perhaps they might do the same here, so until then...

Years
    Well apperenly there was work done on the building on the floors that were hit, just befor they were hit.
    In other words i think the govement fixed it to collapse.
    Isnt it strange how both building pretty much fell perfectly streight down?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Not really. It's all related to exactly where they were hit and the way the buildings were built.

I don't like to think about the reasons why the attacks occurred, because it doesn't change the fact that what happened was awful.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    That's pretty screwed up to even think that. I live in Nyc, if it wasn't for my dad taking off that day, he would of died. :c No madder who is in power the government would of never done that. There will always be conspiracy theorist, 8% of the population thinks two pock(yeah missed spelled that xD) is still alive?!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Look, the truth is that we will never know. It's like the Princess Diana conspiracy. If the Queen did have Princess D. assassinated we will never know. It will be hushed up. Real life isn't like "V For Vendetta" (great graphic novel, even better film); the truth won't just surface one day.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    It's hard to say, really. It would've given Bush an excuse to invade for oil...

I would have hoped Bush would have found a better excuse to invade for oil than killing thousands of our people. But what can you say, it's Bush.

As for myself, I believe the so called 'War on Terror' was infact just an excuse for oil.
    I'm not sure on the 9/11 being a total inside job, though.
    And I can't resist posting this on every 9/11 thread, i'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_tv7t79WY

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years

I would have hoped Bush would have found a better excuse to invade for oil than killing thousands of our people. But what can you say, it's Bush.

As for myself, I believe the so called 'War on Terror' was infact just an excuse for oil.
    I'm not sure on the 9/11 being a total inside job, though.
    And I can't resist posting this on every 9/11 thread, i'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_tv7t79WY

I find it hilarious that people think Bush is capable of such an ingenious conspiracy.

Unless it's a double bluff. Now that would be clever...

Years
    Everyone blames the government for everything. Is this a new trend among so-called rebellious 16 year olds that I'm not aware of? o.O;
    No, I don't think it's an inside job. The conspiracy theorists are just reading too much into it.

Once again, I'm one to think that government is not truly evil; They just need a slap on the wrist to realize that hardships the lower and middle classes go through. At least the ones who work hard.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    If you were a government, the last thing you'd do is kill thousands of your people and destroy two iconic skyscrapers and national images while you're at it.

Mistakes happen, the mistake being in this case that the planes managed to get hijacked, and that the buildings collapsed.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'm sure it is not the last thing "the government" would do. And to point out too, when you speak of "the government" you speak about a collection of individuals pursuing the interests of the nation as a whole (or lack thereof in some cases XD).

It might not seem related, but give someone some power and you'll end up like the students in the Stanford Prison Experiment.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I'd jokingly say it's an inside job, since the whole thing reminds me a lot of the first two Star Wars prequels, except without some whiny loser crying about his mother and hallucinations.

When you think about it, it's actually kind of creepy...

Palpatine: Dick Cheney
    The Clone Army: G Dub
    The Droid Army:Terrorists
    The Jedi: The UN

Then again, conspiracy theorists have spent too much time standing in front of the microwave with their tinfoil hats on anyway. I'd sooner believe Hitler when he's talking about 'last territorial demands' then some guy who's probably cranked up on LSD talking about how 'the man' and 'the Templars/Freemasons/Illuminati/Lizardmen/Klingons' are plotting to takeover the world using dollar bills and the internet.

Years
    I'd jokingly say it's an inside job, since the whole thing reminds me a lot of the first two Star Wars prequels, except without some whiny loser crying about his mother and hallucinations.

When you think about it, it's actually kind of creepy...

Palpatine: Dick Cheney
    The Clone Army: G Dub
    The Droid Army:Terrorists
    The Jedi: The UN

Then again, conspiracy theorists have spent too much time standing in front of the microwave with their tinfoil hats on anyway. I'd sooner believe Hitler when he's talking about 'last territorial demands' then some guy who's probably cranked up on LSD talking about how 'the man' and 'the Templars/Freemasons/Illuminati/Lizardmen/Klingons' are plotting to takeover the world using dollar bills and the internet.

I pretty much agree with the last paragraph, minus the microwave part [they'd stay away from the microwave because according to their logic, it'd prolly put cameras in their food to be spied upon]. I find them as untrustworthy as some politicians [the religious fanatic-like ones anyways].

And funny, mentioning Hitler on his birthday... o.O

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    For those of you who say it wasn't the government then riddle me this: How was such a retarted attack not stopped? seriously when you look at the FFA policy and the fact I doubt a pilot would listen to a idiot with a box cutter if he was gonna die anyways.

FAA monitors every plane's altitude speed and position 24/7 and if a plane so much as drops about a foot outta the altitude its supposed to be they know and radio the pilot if he doesn't answer after atleast 2 - 5 minutes they are supposed to scramble fighter jets.... why was policy not followed? Also I'm sorry those towers were built to withstand high winds and more they even withstood a bombing in the 90's i believe at its foundation I fail to believe if the weren't destryoed from the bottom that its even possible from te top when maybe 10-15 floors fell down on about 50+...

Think logically about the whole things its like the bible too many gaps and not enough proof to not be a lie...

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    For those of you who say it wasn't the government then riddle me this: How was such a retarted attack not stopped?
    The irony hurts.
    seriously when you look at the FFA policy and the fact I doubt a pilot would listen to a idiot with a box cutter if he was gonna die anyways.
    I think you vastly overestimate the average human's willpower. You're vulnerable in a plane, it doesn't matter if somebody is wielding a box cutter or a butter knife, a threat is a threat. If the pilots were unprepared for that situation then there's no saying how they would have responded. Prior to 9/11, it was even said that the crew was very unprepared for any threat and their safety measures were mediocre if best.

The FAA's operations manager stated in the 9/11 Commission Report that everybody who needed to be notified was notified. A lot of people solely blame them for what happened, though. If somebody like the FAA was on board for this so-called inside job, how do you think they would feel if the rest of their buddies turned around and went "Wait no we didn't say that, it's all their fault"?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Do you think it would've still happened if he wasn't in power?
    Most likely, yes. I wouldn't blame it solely on the U.S. government, though. The European monarchy is related to the situation as well, in blood and in politics. They're all just a bunch of greedy satanics who wish to fulfill that prophecy that the Jewish would reobtain Israel and that Muslims would be hated. Obama seems relatively better than Bush, but he still hasn't acted on the situation, so I don't trust him either.

Can you really trust your government now?
    You should never trust your government. There's been a lot of crazy crap done in the past; humans just can't handle power. Look at how corrupt people get when they acquire just a TINY bit of power, such as in an online game. There are many, many private servers of online games (i.e. Ragnarok) that are total crap because those in charge are after money and the sense of power and control they get because they have 200 extra commands compared to the normal player. Instead of realizing that they're there to help people, they take control of that and on the side, benefit for themselves. If that happens in an online game, sure as Hell that it happens in real life. 9/11 is just an example of that; a man obtained power and abused it to gain something he wanted - oil (or, money and power over the oil fields). Fortunately, they picked the wrong president to commit the act, since Bush couldn't pull off something like that sucessfully without leaving holes.

@KingCharizard

I don't believe the Bible is full of holes; it was edited to the extent that it became questionable even by religious fanatics (not just anti-God speculators), but it remains the same story written in the Torah and in the Qu'ran, although the Qu'ran is an "updated" version, if you want. I was Christian and raised Christian until 15, almost 16, and one of the biggest things that the Romans implied after changing the Bible was that Jesus was the human form of God. This caused the whole "Trinity" thing in which God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are all the same entity. If that were true, who was Jesus praying to in the Book of Matthews? It'd be silly to fall on your face just to pray to "yourself". That's a good example of a hole in the Bible and the literal take on Jesus being the "son of God" (we're all His children after all; you just can't be literal about that). As for proof of the basic foundations of the Bible, it's all around you - you just need to look with both eyes open, and you'll see it. People want physical evidence, such as God appearing, when proof is everywhere. The Creator doesn't have to appear to prove anything, and He doesn't have to cause something to happen that would indisputably prove His existence. This life is a test to believe He's there just by believing in His morals, values, and in the world around. The Qu'ran, 1400 years before the following things were discovered by scientists, knew about embryos, sperm, that human bones develop before human flesh, that there are fish at the bottom of the sea that produce light and electricity, and that wind is required to create rain. It also tells that the universe is constantly expanding, a question answered in the late 1900s by scientists. Another metre further from the sun, and the Earth would've changed dramatically, to the point of us not existing. This life, in my opinion, is a test to see who believes in Him and His teachings without skepticism, and without being forced to appreciate Him. I'm sure if you created something from your bare hands that had a mind, soul, and a body, you would want it to appreciate you without having to force it to. Same thing for God. We don't know what He looks like and we won't until maybe even after Judgment Day.

Article

In any case, something fishy happened with 9/11. The government won't tell us, and we shouldn't believe anything they DO tell us, since it's probably just more crap. They're making a ****-ton of money off of this "event". The media, movies, oil, video games, etc. all add up to a pretty number that feed what runs most countries: the companies. It's a conservative world, and it's disgusting.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Wow. No. Bush is not that competent. Seriously. I don't think anyone is.

For those of you who say it wasn't the government then riddle me this: How was such a retarted attack not stopped? seriously when you look at the FFA policy and the fact I doubt a pilot would listen to a idiot with a box cutter if he was gonna die anyways.

Like you would have acted any differently as the pilot had in that situation. He doesn't know he's going to die. He does know he'll die if he doesn't do as the guy says. And seriously, the reason it wasn't stopped was simply because of massive incompetence on the part of the government. It was a terrorist attack, and there is no point in putting any more thought into it. We pissed them off during the Gulf War and so they got their revenge. End of discussion, really. :/

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    What they say doesn't add up at all.

The best thing for me was when they said the guy who hi-jacked the plane, and flew it into the towers, was apparently dead. THEN, they found his passport near where the towers use to be.

1) How could he be dead?
    2) How could that passport possibly avoid the explosion, intense fire and fall all the way down to the bottom of the centre.

Hummmm.

I think you're misinterpreting information. He obviously wasn't dead when he flew the plane into the towers, but the act of ramming the plane, cockpit first, deep into the tower, would have killed him pretty fast. As for the passport, that's easy. The fires couldn't possibly have destroyed everything in the aircraft, and explosions don't just destroy stuff. They also send stuff flying. All it takes for something like that to happen is a bit of "luck", or in other words, the right roll of fate's dice.

i honestly cant say. what they say not everything adds up, some does some doesnt.

like the pentagon. when the pentagon was hit with a "plane" the hole was smaller than said "plane" and there was no fire which there would be if said "plane" actually hit.

I hope that you realize that the Pentagon currently holds the Guinness record as the world's largest office block, and any photos you see of it, that show it in full, will not give you the proper sense of scale to make that kind of determination for yourself.

Somepeople are so niave... of course it was, the us goverment is the most corrupt government out there...

U honestly think the most powerful country at themoment who spends trillions on defense alone could be beat so easily by a 3rd world country, as soon as them planes went off course the FAA knew and should have scrambled fighter jets its policy...

I dont think there was one fighter jet in the air. I also find it strange that the only building not hit was the white house...

First, what proof do you have that the United States of America has a corrupt government, or is the most powerful country in the world? There is no proof that the US government, as a whole, is corrupt, and the only reason people assume that the USA is the most powerful country in the world is because we tend to interfere in foreign affairs, and because many of those interventions are military in nature. We do NOT have the largest military force in the world, we do NOT have the most technologically advanced weaponry in the world (many of these multimillion dollar jets are quite literally held together by duct tape and twine, for instance, not to mention the fact that they superglue the cockpits of the jets in, because bolting them in creates massive drag on the jet at mach speeds). Not only that, but the US is the single largest target of international dissent in the world today, from all over the world, including our own allies.

Not to mention that just spending a lot of money on defense is no guarantee that it will succeed. For example, look at the "Star Wars" defense project, which, while a massive failure, is still being funded today. All it takes to beat any security system, no matter how good it is, is a bit of ingenuity and know-how. For example, you can easily beat fingerprint scanning security systems with the right materials. (I've even seen instances where someone beat a system that cost several hundred dollars by pressing a damp photocopy of the thumbprint to their thumb, and scanning that)

As for the fighter jets, they were scrambled. The reason they didn't shoot down the passenger jets is because they continued to hope the pilots would see reason, until it was too late to do anything. Nobody wanted to get the blame for shooting down a jumbo jet full of passengers, if it could have been avoided. (Would YOU shoot one down, if it was off course, and you had no clue that it was going to plow straight into a tower? Wait, don't answer that. You'll just say yes, because of course you can't possibly see this hypothetical situation clearly now that 9/11 has happened)

And the only reason the one that was headed toward the white house didn't plow straight into it is because the passengers rebelled against the terrorists, and it crashed outside the city. No shooting was done by fighter jets in that case.

While bemusedly simple, there would at least have to be a reason behind this attack...

Of course there was a reason. The whole point of a terrorist attack is to strike terror into the hearts of those it affects, and to make a damaging point against whoever it targets. In the case of 9/11, the attack was wildly successful on both counts, and launched a series of international wars that extremists the world over have exploited as an opportunity to label the West in general, and the USA in particular, as evil, against God, heretics, and a variety of other unsavory things.

Well apperenly there was work done on the building on the floors that were hit, just befor they were hit.
    In other words i think the govement fixed it to collapse.

I think you should look up videos on building demolition, such as how they've demolished old casinos in Las Vegas. It is actually fairly standard for a building like that to collapse in such a way (the term, in the demolition industry, is "implosion"). The only reason that the collapse damaged the surrounding buildings was that it had not been rigged to implode, and because a building that size is far too large to demolish properly.)

That's pretty screwed up to even think that. I live in Nyc, if it wasn't for my dad taking off that day, he would of died. :c No madder who is in power the government would of never done that. There will always be conspiracy theorist, 8% of the population thinks two pock(yeah missed spelled that xD) is still alive?!

Then there are the people who claim Elvis was abducted by aliens, the people who claim that Area 51 has alien spacecraft (area 51's existence is pretty well established. Hell, there are satellite photos that show they have new runways), and people who claim that ancient civilizations had help from aliens. Oh, and don't forget the Nostradamus fanatics who make a big fuss about the world being close the ending, every couple of years. (This reminds me. There should be a thread about 2012, because I would tear that theory to shreds)

FAA monitors every plane's altitude speed and position 24/7 and if a plane so much as drops about a foot outta the altitude its supposed to be they know and radio the pilot if he doesn't answer after atleast 2 - 5 minutes they are supposed to scramble fighter jets.... why was policy not followed? Also I'm sorry those towers were built to withstand high winds and more they even withstood a bombing in the 90's i believe at its foundation I fail to believe if the weren't destryoed from the bottom that its even possible from te top when maybe 10-15 floors fell down on about 50+...

Think logically about the whole things its like the bible too many gaps and not enough proof to not be a lie...

I think I answered the first part above, but I will repeat myself for clarity. Nobody in their right mind would shoot down a jumbo jet full of passengers when there was a possibility of resolving the situation without deaths. By the time they realized it wasn't going to happen, it was too late. By the way, if all four of those jets got shot down, the pilots, their superiors, and whoever the hell ordered them to fire probably would have been executed after a well publicized hearing in military court, because we probably would never have found out that it was a well-orchestrated, heavily-planned terrorist attack.

Also, I feel it might be appropriate to mention the recent scandal where two pilots apparently fell asleep at the wheel, overshot their destination, and continued on in the same direction for several hours. Were they shot down? No. Were they terrorists? No. Would people have ended up dead or in jail if the military did something about it? Absolutely.

As for the thing about the idiot with the box cutter, that is an outright lie. They smuggled guns and knives onto the aircraft, killed the pilots, and placed some of their own people with flight training at the wheel. The only reason the one headed for the white house crashed elsewhere is because the passengers not only realized what was happening, but used their sheer numbers to overwhelm the terrorists.

As for the bombing in the 90's, the answer is simple. The bomb in question was very low-grade, and it wasn't in the right place. Those towers were built with massive support columns in the core of the building, and one more column on each corner. The bombing in the 90's wasn't powerful enough or close enough to any of these columns to topple the building it happened in. The planes, on the other hand, went straight into the building, and broke several of the inner columns. The intense heat from the fires they sparked then went on to damage and then destroy the remaining columns, including having been hot enough to quite literally burn the fire retardants the tower used.

As for how the building collapsed, that's fairly easy to explain. The only reason a building that massive could even be standing is because of how it was built, with the support columns supporting everything above and below them. With the support columns damaged, the top stories could no longer support themselves, and began to collapse. By the time they finished, their sheer mass and inertia was far too much for the damaged support columns to hold up against, and the building collapsed. You'd be surprised how similar a skyscraper is to a house of cards, in that respect.

As for the bible reference, I'm not even going to explain that bit. That's for someone who has actually studied religion to answer. Well, aside from the point that quite a bit of the bible is supposed to be lessons on moral behavior, and isn't necessarily documentation of real events.

And before anyone goes on with a tl;dr, at least look up your own posts in here, because I responded to most of the anti-government and pro-conspiracy posts.

Last edited:
    Back