• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Was Buying Fr/Lg worth it?

Is Fr/Lg worth buying?

• Yes, it is worth buying

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • No, not worth buying

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Worth buying both

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • like most pokemon games they r so much like the rest it seems like u bought the same game over and over. now comes the first re-make and now peopl are saying its too much like red/blue/green except better graphics. lets hear your voice on whether or not I should buy it. One let down i know for sure is there r no contests. But back to topic: Is Fr/Lg worth buying or is it just a slightly revamped remake?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • I got mine a week ago, and I'm in Mt. Moon. Usually on other games, I'd have been half way finished by now. So, I can't really say whether it's worth it yet. I think it's pretty cool, and I know there'll be twists in the game, so (based on how far I am now, and the info I have) I'd say the game is worth it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Its not worth it,Its just another re-make.The peeps that made Pok?mon just ran out of ideas.....I have the ROM of Fr,and its just like red,blue,yellow.They could have been more creative(sp?) and made one called Pok?mon Green,or Pok?mon Purple.So I think its a wast of money.If I wanted to play red i'ed just play the one I have,not go out and buy the same thing but with a dif title

Haru!!

I got Firered!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2004
    I think it is worth it.If you really like pokemon then you'll like it.it may be the same but it has Islands added to it,it has Johto pokemon,and much,much more.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I thought it was worth it. o_o I'm really enjoying the game. If I had just restarted and completed Red before buying it, though, my response might be a little different. I haven't played RBY in a while, though, so it was a little fresh for me. ^^;;;

And this should go in the FRLG forum. =\ *moves*

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • (Raven) said:
    Its not worth it,Its just another re-make.The peeps that made Pok?mon just ran out of ideas.....I have the ROM of Fr,and its just like red,blue,yellow.They could have been more creative(sp?) and made one called Pok?mon Green,or Pok?mon Purple.So I think its a wast of money.If I wanted to play red i'ed just play the one I have,not go out and buy the same thing but with a dif title

It is very different,and has a lot of things that red and blue didn't ahve. some of them even Ruby sapphire don't have. Here's a list of htem just from what I've seen so far. Nd I haven't gotten that far yet.

Vs. Seeker, Fame Checker, Showing the item being used on teh pokemon plus images for each item, new pokedex style and organization, Moves not from the original red or blue, new graphics, gender choice, running shoes, berries, Union room, direct corner, tradability with ruby sapphire, and that is just form what I've played. I also know there is:

A set of seven islands plus a battle tower, rare pokemon not caught in red or blue, berry mashing, the dodrio minigame, and many others.

so in short, it is definantly worthit. And those who say it's no different than red or blue need to get their head examined.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • How could anyone say that it wasn't worth it? o_O I just beat Blaine today, and I think I got my money's worth by the time I hit cycling road, or even sooner...although I thought that they could never top Red and Blue if they ever remade them, they did! It's all the advantages of RS with the sentimentality and guaranteed excellent story and gameplay of RB. I love everything--the look of the attacks, the amazing detail of the areas, the old, time-tested storyline, the remixed themes, the new islands...there are no flaws in this game, absolutely none. This is the way Red and Blue were meant to be...I'm just so amazed with how well this was made.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I buy them mindlessly even though I play the ROMs. It's fun revisiting them with my friend, whom has always played the games with me. A simple little indulgence, I guess. I like it~

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • See my little Hitmonchan bouncing happyily when I check his status made it worth it to me. But dude... you can get nearly all the old Pokemon back, and then there's so move tutors. ROCK SLIDE! So yes, it is worth it. If you're not a huge Pokemon fan though, it may be best to wait a year for the price to drop.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, it gives a chance to relive the classic days of when graphics were a mere blimp in the Game Boy phenomenon. I still bought Red/Blue, but my naivity kinda sent meoff because of the graphics (yes yes... I'm very material XD)This game also allows you to so much more than the actual originals. The Sevii Islands are a massive plus, so go to your local gaming store and get it NOW... or my electromagnetic Lanturn will come through your screen and kill you... really. :D

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
  • i think it was worth it... the extras are good and all of that other stuff you people said, but i am fairly dissapointed that i can't get ho-oh or lugia or deoxys without cheating... :disappoin

DarkTerror

COCKROACH
    Years
  • This game is so awesome. It's only been 4 days since I bought it, and I already cought Mewtwo(Though I gotta admit, he seems too much weaker than before). Serebii.net is wrong. You only have to collect 60 Pokemon and finish all the "missions" in those additional islands to remove the guy who's blocking the cerulean cave. You don't need to collect 100 Pokemon like they said...

Haru!!

I got Firered!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2004
    Even if the game isn't worth it,(Which I highly highly doubt)I still got it for only $25 at Target!^_^

Jhotos_Power

Chaos itself
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2006
    no i dont think its worth it...just a couple of new islands and junk...and u cant even get mew,deoxys,lugia,ho-oh with out goin to a pokemon special event thats definitaly not worth it....i went to a pokemon thing here in florida thinkin that i could get a card for upcoming pkmn games but i didnt..they didnt even mentoin pokemon emerald...

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    I say, of course it's worth it. I mean, there are awsome graphics, you get to choose the Kanto starters again. (we haven't been able to do that in a looooooong time) The items have pictures, you don't just "whiteout" when you lose. New sevii islands, can watch yourself use the item on a Pokemon. Pokemon actually makes the 'click' sound when you catch a Pokemon. Plus, it's the best Pokemon game EVA! ^_~

~Kelsey

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • (Raven) said:
    *shocked*

Of course it's just like Red & Blue... It's a freakin REMAKE! I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I think all the neat little add-ons are enough to justify FR or LG's purchase.

Kairi said:
    I buy them mindlessly even though I play the ROMs. It?s fun revisiting them with my friend, whom has always played the games with me. A simple little indulgence, I guess. I like it~
    Yeah, I have that same mindless problem...

I remember way back before Pokemon was released in America I read about Pokemon in one of my old issues of Nintendo Power. I think it was back in 96 or 97. It had like 2 pages of pictures (a Charizard & Bulbasuar stand out in my memory) & a little bit of text. It stated "with the success of Pokemon in Japan, you can bet Pokemon Fever will hit America in the near future". So I guess I did catch that "Pokemon Fever" it mentioned, cuz just the same as Kairi, I've been mindlessly buying each game as they've hit store shelves.

Last edited:

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Its not worth it,Its just another re-make.The peeps that made Pok?mon just ran out of ideas.....I have the ROM of Fr,and its just like red,blue,yellow.They could have been more creative(sp?) and made one called Pok?mon Green,or Pok?mon Purple.So I think its a wast of money.If I wanted to play red i'ed just play the one I have,not go out and buy the same thing but with a dif title

no they didnt run out of new ideas, they made this game for all the people who loved the originals and were so sad that they couldnt have all their pokemon on one game and in the same teams. this game was made for conveinience.

so you dont like the new games? so you think there isnt much new stuff there?
    there shouldnt be any new stuff!!! they're remakes, you're lucky you're getting any new islands at all!!! so stop crying and either add this classic to your collection and build your ultimate team, sit there with the R/S 200 and be happy that you saved some money on the game, or go and hack the cartridge to bits and get all your pokemon from R/S. infact thats probably why this game is a disappointment for some people. they already have all the pokemon before the game was released!!!

Back