• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Watch Along 1] Hataraku Maou-Sama! Episode 1 - The Devil Arrives in Sasazuka!

Years
  • This is the discussion thread for Episode 1 of Hataraku Maou-Sama! for our first ever watch-along. All you need to do to participate is to go watch the first episode of this show and then come back and talk about your thoughts on the episode! The discussion thread for the second episode will be up next week! Discussion can go as deep or as casual as you'd like!

Also, if you've already seen the show, you don't have to watch again to discuss in here with us. Just avoid spoilers for anything past episode 1!

Legal Streaming sources:
    Hulu (USA Only) | Funimation (USA, Canada, UK)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I think I will be watching it again anyways because this show is worth it lol

(Well, it was me who suggested this series to begin with so I really don't have any option)

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Episode 1
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Convinced boyfriend to watch this with me (I saw it once already) so I'd love to join the watch-along. :D

Spoiler:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Episode 1
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

TIER-LEVEL ANIMATION BATTLE. YES.
    The conversation at the police station gets me every time.
    Spoiler:

Sounds like you're doing it to force someone else to watch with you, haha.

[Watch Along 1] Hataraku Maou-Sama! Episode 1 - The Devil Arrives in Sasazuka!

The only thing I don't like about the dub was Chi's voice. I find it very irritating.

Indeed. I don't watch dubs usually but she sounds exactly the same as in other of her works. It reminds me of Happy from Fairy Tail.
    I really respect her and I believe she's really talented, I just can't stand when she goes noisy lol
    Going back to Japan, her original VA is a little bit noisy as well, but she already delivered god-tier サービス with Kanon from Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai so-

Ok, I'll stop the otaku ranting.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Emi is not waifu material.
    Spoiler: Actual Spoilers
    and there was barely any romantic stuff that happened between her and maou which was depressing

Years
  • Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back