• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Watch Out For Ghosts...

What's that noise... oh, sorry, hi. Let's chat. Say anything you want, anything at all, I like to talk about Pokémon... at least I think I do...? Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time there was a thread. This thread was a simple thread to chat about Pokémon in, just to chill back and have fun with friends, and we kept a counter going as we posted just to see how far we could get. Then they came... The more we spoke, the more things began to feel strange. People... changed, in that thread. One minute my friends would be acting completely normal, the next minute they'd change, they'd attack us, they'd scare us half to death. We began using the counter as a method of tracking their progress, trying to find the patterns they played by... We worked out that every time the counter hit 50, another of our friends would change into one of them. But when we reached 100... everything seemed ok again. Everything seemed cleansed. Other than the one unfortunate soul to still be counting... We only reached higher than that once, before the attacks came again - we thought we were in the clear, until I began to change myself. I'd hit 150. I started to twist, change... I never returned to how I used to be. I'm different, I'm changed. I scare myself sometimes, but I prefer to scare them instead... Sometimes I'll just shout "BOO!", and they all just have to start over again...

Now that you know my story, come count with me...

~ 1 ~

Becoming a Ghost...

• If the counter reaches 50 on your post, you're turned into a regular Ghost!
  • If the counter reaches 100 on your post, every other Ghost is cleansed and returns to being human - other than you!
  • If you the counter reaches 150 on your post... good luck. You're now a permanent ghost and cannot be revived in any way!
  • As a Ghost, you can post "BOO!" to scare the thread at any time, resetting the counter to 0.
  • Feel free to post which Ghost-Pokémon you become when you change, otherwise I'll randomly assign you one!

Rules!

• All Pokémon Trivia rules apply.
  • With every new post, increase the counter in the corner by 1.
  • If a Ghost comes in to scare the thread, reset the counter to 0.
  • Upon reaching 150, the counter is automatically reset to 0.
  • This is a DCC thread, so feel free to be creative with conversation topics!
  • Even though this is a chatting thread, all posts must be about Pokémon.
  • Try not to reset the count too much at first, we want a few ghosts to build up before the counts get more intense!
  • Have fun, or else!
Current Ghosts!

• Squirrel
    drifloon.gif
  • DyingWillFlareon
    pumpkaboo.gif
  • Sven (Guardian)
    giratina-origin.gif
  • Fantome
    froslass.gif
  • Ash
    litwick.gif
  • Huseyin
    hoopa.gif
  • mewtwolover
    darkrai.gif

Rewards!

You may be wondering why you should count up to your demise? Well, being a Ghost does have its perks... (Hover over images for details!)

pMPOwaX.png
Ui2gOhx.png
UQvE3wf.png

Now, let's begin our own tale... What's your favourite Ghost-Pokémon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirfetch’d

My favorite ghost Pokemon is Jellicent because it's so cute omg! Not to mention it has an amazing typing aaa <3

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Oh, dear. It's this thread, of all things haha. My favorite Ghost-type is definitely Dusknoir, mainly because of Mystery Dungeon. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Litwick! Adorable little candle it's so cute I can't handle.

( Also I was wondering whether to bring this back when we had The Bulbasaur Race. Thank you for making the decision for me and with a bonus no less!)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

GET GHOSTBUSTERED

Spoiler:

Favourite ghost type? Drifloon, Rotom and Haunter are my top three though I really like the idea behind the type in general. :]

also I was promised free cookies, a hug and a pass to harry potter world if I posted here. where's my prize? ):

Sirfetch’d

GET GHOSTBUSTERED

Spoiler:

Favourite ghost type? Drifloon, Rotom and Haunter are my top three though I really like the idea behind the type in general. :]

also I was promised free cookies, a hug and a pass to harry potter world if I posted here. where's my prize? ):

Omg I forgot about Drifloon! If we count the shiny version it is definitely my favorite haha. That yellow is adorable ;o;

Meadow

Years

Personally, I would like to see a Ghost-type ninja Pokémon (besides Shedinja, of course).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

My favourite Ghost-type has always been Drifloon, especially the shiny version - I even have a shiny Drifloon plushie whom I've named Floony sat on my shelf. I'll take a picture sometime and post it here :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Hnnng I would love to have a plushie of any Shiny Pokemon. But I do have a Litwick on a Cupcake that I got from a really good friend for Christmas. ♥

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years

I don't really like that many Ghost Types but I've always had a soft spot for the Gastly line, Shuppet, Sableye, and Litwick. They're cool/cute in their own ways! :)

I have some plushies, but no shinies.... I have Chespin, Flareon, Dedenne, and Poliwhirl. But my little brother got a Sylveon for his birthday and it's missing the front bow. O_O It looks so cool.

Meadow

Years

You just reminded me about Spiritomb (by bringing up Sableye, haha). Gotta love that thing! As for plushies, my room is full of them. =O

(I wuv my Bulbasaur plushie. x3)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I have quite a few Pokemon plushies and then so many other stuffed animals in my room. Top it off with the other stuff in my room no one would walk in and think that a 22-year old sleeps in there. Especially not with a bed that has Pikachu Sheet/Blanket/Pillow and an Ash Plush to top everything else off.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I have quite a few Pokemon plushies and then so many other stuffed animals in my room. Top it off with the other stuff in my room no one would walk in and think that a 22-year old sleeps in there. Especially not with a bed that has Pikachu Sheet/Blanket/Pillow and an Ash Plush to top everything else off.
Oh god I remember seeing your collection in the past, it was so impressive I was jealous paha. I've built up a bit more since we discussed them (not sure I ever showed you mine though!), will be taking a picture shortly to upload :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oh god I remember seeing your collection in the past, it was so impressive I was jealous paha. I've built up a bit more since we discussed them (not sure I ever showed you mine though!), will be taking a picture shortly to upload :D

haha oh yeah I did post it in the past didn't I! My Pokemon part have grown quite a bit since then. I had to move all the old stuff animals that were on my dresser tomake way for all the PIkachus I have. I should post updated pictures of my room sometime after I clean it.

I thiiiiink I remember seeing yours but it's been a while so I totally would love to see it again! I'd love to see everyone's collection haha. ♥

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here we go :D Couldn't be bothered to separate any of them or take off the festive hats (Squirtle is hiding under the penguin hat!) but might try tomorrow haha.

Years
Nice topic!

I dont understand one thing though. If post 50 always makes one ghost, and 100 removes that from all the ghosts but one, will there always be one ghost then?

Also guys dont discuss so fast. I wanna talk about ghosts and you're on the collections already.
Anyway, ghosts.
I love them, my third favorite type along Phychic.

My favorite by far would Haunter, probably from the moment I saw that anime episode of the Terror Tower (or sth like that). I prefer it a bit over Gengar cos Gengar is a bit too...round? I guess. Anyway, I love how it always has fun in its own twisted way, and he's amused by pretty much anything. Definitely one side of me,one of the reasons why he's in my Power/dream/whatever team. :D

093.gif

Also have you noticed how Haunter's body looks like its not finished. I'd say it's full form is a huge four-legged cat/dog hybrid >: D

Also Squirrel, you could put in the 3D pokedex gifs in the first post (Misdreavus), it'd look better imo.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
19. This reminds me of the "Watch out for zombies" game in Other Trivia a few years back. Those were pretty good times :]

Anywho, my favourite Ghost-type Pokemon is Cofagrigus! I don't quite remember the details but I do remember being obsessed with the Cofagrigus line a year ago or so, haha.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

Awesome, another chatting topic, reminds me of that thread on Forum Games where moderators can reset the count.

The ghost type is one of my favorite types, following psychic and flying, tied with dark. My favorite ghost Pokémon are Ghastly's and Litwick's lines.

As for collection, I don't have any dolls. I do have a few figures, some posters, a bunch of cards and some tokens with Pokémon images on them which change their image if you watch from a different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back