• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

Just like everyone else here, pretty much only ever focused on "Head it" when it came to Amie and that one Berry game. Never even went near the Pokeathlon though....hmm.

Years

I often seem to suck at the Contests as well. Aside from the one triumph I had with a Roselia in my original Ruby, I never reached the Master Rank out of fear of being humiliated by the AI trainers who always seem to pull off the perfect combinations.

OR/AS did at least add those cool type-based animations when you max out the appeal rating, so that got some positives, along with Mega Evolution also activating if the Pokemon has its Mega Stone.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Oh yeah, the contests...in the old games I tried as well but after losing so much I just couldn't anymore. In Oras getting that Pikachu prize was my only concern.

Years

Cosplay Pikachu is still fun. It can take real good advantage of the Light Ball since you'll never be able to evolve her. Icicle Crash in her Belle form also gives great coverage.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Guess so, though Im pretty sure everything stopped even further back. Haha.

If anyone who knows reads this I was wondering since this is a Chit chat thread dedicated to Pokemon would it be ok to ask for battles or trading of any kind in this place? Or would that be against the rules?

If it is then nevermind.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I have no idea. Thread actvity just ground to a halt.

Random note - Whilst training my Adamant Shiny Kingdra to the Hoenn Hall Of Fame I accidentally had an adorable Petilil which I use for summoning hoards still on my team. This means she got a Champion Ribbon and is one of the few unevolved Pokemon I have taken to the Hall Of Fame. 🙂

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I successfully completed the Black Nuzlocke last month. My final team was Excadrill, Scrafty, Gothitelle and (unused) Reshiram. :)

My Pearl Nuzlocke is currently on hold.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

That's my first Nuzlocke completed after successfully completing Black. I had three more deaths at the Elite Four. Simon the Simisage and Jane the Stoutland fell to Grimsley's crit mad Bisharp and my starter Nia the Emboar heroically went down after OHKOing Shauntels Chandelure with Head Smash in the Final Elite Four battle. Certainly the toughest death.

Marla the Excadrill, Gothet the Gothitelle, Marshall the Scrafty and Reshiram was my Hall of Fame team. Marla and Marshall were the key players in defeating N and Ghetsis whilst Gothet was a huge help against the Elite Four.

Random note - The already intense Unova Elite Four team sounds extra epic when you know that if something goes down it's not getting up again.

Black Nuzlocke completed successfully.
    Deaths - 7

Quoting myself as it saves me booting up Black.

I also lost a Patrat which I sacrificed to Lenora, a Zebstrika in the final rival battle against Cheren, an Unfezant in Big Stadium and a Krokorok to an Archen Crit making a total of 7 deaths throughout the challenge.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • 189 .

Quoting myself as it saves me booting up Black.

I also lost a Patrat which I sacrificed to Lenora, a Zebstrika in the final rival battle against Cheren, an Unfezant in Big Stadium and a Krokorok to an Archen Crit making a total of 7 deaths throughout the challenge.

Yeah, the Gen 5 E4 theme is perfect during a nuzlocke. XD Losing a starter during one of these always sucks but at least it went down while taking Chandelure with it in the end.

Any plans to nuzlocke harder versions of the regular games in the future?

Years

A YouTuber who I'd been subscribed to a while started a new Wedlocke series in Y, with Marriland doing co-commentary! He actually happened to be the creator of that challenge.

The team right now is a male Fennekin and female Scatterbug paired, and a lone wolf female Fletchling who needs her male partner on Route 3.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

That sounds pretty interesting other than being done on Y (the difficulty). That's one of the challenges where if one of the pair loses the other part of it is lost too right?

Years

How a Wedlocke works, is that you need to use the two Pokemon in the pair as the only Pokemon you can use in the battle, and if one dies, the other has to either avenge their partner or die with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back