• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • 189 .

Yeah, the Gen 5 E4 theme is perfect during a nuzlocke. XD Losing a starter during one of these always sucks but at least it went down while taking Chandelure with it in the end.

Any plans to nuzlocke harder versions of the regular games in the future?

The Gen 5 E4 theme is indeed fitting for a Nuzlocke particularly when you add in the Pokemon death cries on both sides. Chandelure and Gen 5 Gothitelle are among the best cries in the game.

By harder I am guessing you mean Rom hacks which I have never played for various reasons. I think the hardest potential Nuzlocke is in the Johto games. Note the large amount of grinding needed in Kanto needed in Kanto, Lance's impressive team and that before that Clair's Kingdra has no weaknesses to anything you will have in the average Nuzlocke.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I don't think Game Freak changed Gothitelle's cry because they wanted to. As Gothitelle's cry in Gen 5 sounds very similar to a certain iconic sound in movie history. Game Freak changed the cry so they don't get sued.

Years

That could explain the Gothitelle nerfing... I couldn't stop thinking about Psycho anyway.

And I guess I got super ghosted as well

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

The Gen 5 E4 theme is indeed fitting for a Nuzlocke particularly when you add in the Pokemon death cries on both sides. Chandelure and Gen 5 Gothitelle are among the best cries in the game.

By harder I am guessing you mean Rom hacks which I have never played for various reasons. I think the hardest potential Nuzlocke is in the Johto games. Note the large amount of grinding needed in Kanto needed in Kanto, Lance's impressive team and that before that Clair's Kingdra has no weaknesses to anything you will have in the average Nuzlocke.

Somehow Ive only payed attention in Chandelure's case (probably because at one point I really disliked it so its faint cry was nice to hear...).

I you don't mind being asked what are those various reasons? Are you talking about the original Johto games or HG/SS?

Years
  • BOO!

Talking about ghosts will mean you'll be targeted by a ghost... and of course I have now gotten the emblem for the Super Ghost.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Somehow Ive only payed attention in Chandelure's case (probably because at one point I really disliked it so its faint cry was nice to hear...).

I you don't mind being asked what are those various reasons? Are you talking about the original Johto games or HG/SS?

I have never played a ROM hack partly because of lack of time and partly because I already having a lot of Pokemon games.

Haven't played the original Johto games in years but I have Heart Gold after picking it up unboxed for ?2 last year.

Most Gym Leaders levels seem to be higher in HGSS especially in Kanto whilst for example Clair's Kingdra got stronger moves in Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse with the ability Sniper which powers up Critical Hits, the bane of any Nuzlocke

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
    Years

I haven't played HeartGold or SoulSilver in a while, but I don't remember having much trouble with Clair, or any of the gym leaders, really. Granted, I used to only level up one Pokemon whenever I played any of the games, so that one probably just got far too strong for Kingdra to take it down.

Anyone else here that used to only level up one Pokemon whenever they played? When did you stop, if ever?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

I have never played a ROM hack partly because of lack of time and partly because I already having a lot of Pokemon games.

Haven't played the original Johto games in years but I have Heart Gold after picking it up unboxed for ?2 last year.

Most Gym Leaders levels seem to be higher in HGSS especially in Kanto whilst for example Clair's Kingdra got stronger moves in Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse with the ability Sniper which powers up Critical Hits, the bane of any Nuzlocke

Fair enough.

Speaking of have you heard about the old Johto games coming to the E-shop?

That does sound pretty difficult....and for facing Clair very unlucky if she successfully lands one. Dont tell me she had Focus energy too? I cant remember stuff like this.

I haven't played HeartGold or SoulSilver in a while, but I don't remember having much trouble with Clair, or any of the gym leaders, really. Granted, I used to only level up one Pokemon whenever I played any of the games, so that one probably just got far too strong for Kingdra to take it down.

Anyone else here that used to only level up one Pokemon whenever they played? When did you stop, if ever?

In the older games I would over level stuff but later on (in like 3rd gen) I realized how much better it is having one mon being 2-3 levels higher than everyone else on the team (usually starters).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Fair enough.

Speaking of have you heard about the old Johto games coming to the E-shop?

That does sound pretty difficult....and for facing Clair very unlucky if she successfully lands one. Dont tell me she had Focus energy too? I cant remember stuff like this.

Yes. I may pick up Silver for nostalgic reasons.

Clair's Kingdra has Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Smokescreen and Hyper Beam in HGSS and carrys a Sitrus Berry. Focus Energy would be somwhat unfair with Sniper even for a last Gym Leader. If she lands a Crit something likely goes down unless you're overlevelled which I never am.

Incidentally Juan's Swift Swim Kingdra in Emerald can give you problems if you give it time to set up.

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
    Years

I'm pretty sure everyone hates evasion moves. At least, when they're used against them. And even when they're using them themselves, their luck almost always ends up being cruddy and they get hit anyways.

Speaking of which, what are some of the luckiest/unluckiest things that have ever happened to you folks while playing a Pokemon game?

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
    Years

It happens, but not super often for me, thankfully. Instead, I just so happen to be one of the unlucky people with the 70% accuracy curse, brought to infamy thanks to Focus Blast. It really sucks that it's more often than not the only special Fighting move that a lot of special attackers can learn because of how shaky that percentage is. Aura Sphere is just so much better, but a lot less Pokemon can learn it.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Yes. I may pick up Silver for nostalgic reasons.

Clair's Kingdra has Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Smokescreen and Hyper Beam in HGSS and carrys a Sitrus Berry. Focus Energy would be somwhat unfair with Sniper even for a last Gym Leader. If she lands a Crit something likely goes down unless you're overlevelled which I never am.

Incidentally Juan's Swift Swim Kingdra in Emerald can give you problems if you give it time to set up.

Or because Lugia is best.

Ah, ok and since evasion is being brought up getting repeatedly smokescreened by her would probably suck too. Good for you, being overlevelled in a nuzlocke makes things less intereseting.

I'm pretty sure everyone hates evasion moves. At least, when they're used against them. And even when they're using them themselves, their luck almost always ends up being cruddy and they get hit anyways.

Speaking of which, what are some of the luckiest/unluckiest things that have ever happened to you folks while playing a Pokemon game?

Unluckiest was trying to Soft reset a shiny Type Null.......I will never forget.

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
    Years

10.Unluckiest was trying to Soft reset a shiny Type Null.......I will never forget.

I actually haven't played that far into Moon yet, so why exactly is that unlucky? Is it because it's impossible and/or after a really hard boss fight or something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back