• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years

I heard a bit of crap at Mimikyu but more love thankfully, it deserves so much love. QwQ
    I actually noticed two glitches that im happy about findjng, like an idiot. I never see any on my own like that so eh whatever.

1. The game tried to enter a battle but froze on a white screen for about 30 seconds before saying the game card wasnt right or somethinf and that it needed back in, but i was playing for hours straight and theres still a chance it was in fact slipping out.
    2. Every time something uses Focus Energy, it gets 100% crits. Im not joking or exaggerating, the first time it kept getting crits i thought 'oh thats probably because its focus energy and karate chop so thats a lot of crit chance' but then others started doing it too?? I regret now not getting a pokemon with focus energy.

Years

In my X I had a Farfetch'd who was an absolute crit machine. Using the Stick and maxed affection makes crits always happen, and man it's so satisfying.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I am surprised how well Midday Lycanroc is doing in my playthrough. I taught her Rock Tomb and it seems to hit everything hard.

I finally got my Steenee levelled up enough to become a Tsareena. I do like how it is like Lilligant's physical counterpart being all female too. She has a great design. I got lucky finding an Adamant Bpunsweet with Oblivious. She swept Olivia's team with Trop Kick. I now have 5 crystals in Sun. :)

Years

I ended up with a +Attack nature on my own Tsareena. It was from the second Bounsweet I caught, who was a Brave nature. Don't like how it's making her slow but the increased Attack was worth it.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Tsareena is a little slower than I'd like but a speed reducing nature does not help.

The Attack boost is indeed welcome and I can see the Fruit Pokemon being the star of my team going forward.

Years

I feel the Grass-types of the generation are very interesting. Decidueye is without a doubt the fan fave but if you're not choosing Rowlet, getting Tsareena can be a solid alternative. Lurantis is a decent physical attacker (though slower than Tsareena) while Shiinotic has some good defensive properties.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Remarkably I am not a huge fan of Decidueye (But love Rowlet) but Tsareena is the star of my team at the moment.

I also have a Lurantis (Neutral Nature) on my team and as welcome as Petal Blizzard is Tsareena is causing more damage off the higher attack stat and seems a little bulkier too. I do really like Lurantis' design though.

Tsareena gets High Jump Kick but oddly no Swords Dance.

Tsareena seems to be the Gardevoir of Gen 7. Two quite weak (yet adorable) initial stages followed by a much stronger and humanoid final stage.

Years

I used to first think of Bounsweet as a Cherubi rip-off. Thank god that didn't turn out to be the case, especially since we don't have many physical Grass-types.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Omggg so apparently the Pokémon Company started making some cute little videos of the Sun & Moon starters and they are just freaking hilarious! And I mean seriously, have you seen Rowlet's selfie? XD

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/801113304655503360/video/1

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Rowlet is so cute.

I have managed to trade for all the starters and plan to use Rowlet post-game.

The Shiny Charm is MUCH easier to get in Sun or Moon, you only have to complete the Alolan Dex to get it. There's still more item traded Pokemon than I'd like (Looking at you Porygon line which I thankfully got out of the way early.) but getting 300 Pokemon is much easier than nearly 800 especially if you are like me and aren't too bothered about keeping hold of Pokemon you won't use.

Breeding Passimians has helped me greatly in filling my Dex.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

3. Y'all are already onto filling the Dex? I'm still getting myself through the main story (I'm on 6 Z-crystals now), but I'm doing pretty fairly with catching Pokémon I think. I do still have to go back for Pichu, Miltank and Feebas sometime, but that's about it really. I've also been using the QR scan to get some rare species including the three Johto starters which is totally cool!

Also, my friend said he encountered a level 9 wild Salamence the other day. WHAT THE HECK?! *is totally not jealous*

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I found my first Gen 7 Shiny today and it's a good one its of my favourite new Grass line the Bounsweet line. I got her after a call chain of 110 and my own Tsareena was watching over when the Shiny appeared.

She has a Brave nature and the right ability for Queenly Majesty. And perfect IVs in HP and Attack. I also caught her in a Friend Ball. (Thanks Oak)

Much as I would like to add her straight to my in-game team my own Tsareena has been the star so far so I will evolve her and use her post-game. :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Y'all are already onto filling the Dex? I'm still getting myself through the main story (I'm on 6 Z-crystals now), but I'm doing pretty fairly with catching Pokémon I think. I do still have to go back for Pichu, Miltank and Feebas sometime, but that's about it really. I've also been using the QR scan to get some rare species including the three Johto starters which is totally cool!

Also, my friend said he encountered a level 9 wild Salamence the other day. WHAT THE HECK?! *is totally not jealous*

Omg wow so you already got the game ahead of me? xD Oh well, I'm actually getting it sooner than I expected, so that's good! :D And LOOOL, my sister showed me a picture of a wild Bagon calling in a Salamence for reinforcements, and it was kinda sad because the Salamence was a lower level than the Bagon ahahahaha.

Rowlet is so cute.

tumblr_ogtv5qpyd01vala9ro1_r3_500.gif

eMmBUCe.png

a1weghi.png

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I found my first Gen 7 Shiny today and it's a good one its of my favourite new Grass line the Bounsweet line. I got her after a call chain of 110 and my own Tsareena was watching over when the Shiny appeared.

She has a Brave nature and the right ability for Queenly Majesty. And perfect IVs in HP and Attack. I also caught her in a Friend Ball. (Thanks Oak)

Much as I would like to add her straight to my in-game team my own Tsareena has been the star so far so I will evolve her and use her post-game. :)

Oooh, that's so cool! I didn't know SOS chaining improved your chances to find good IVs too! (Or were you just lucky? :P)

Once I get to the point where you can find wild Sandshrew, I'm probably going to do that as well. ;)

Omg wow so you already got the game ahead of me? xD Oh well, I'm actually getting it sooner than I expected, so that's good! :D And LOOOL, my sister showed me a picture of a wild Bagon calling in a Salamence for reinforcements, and it was kinda sad because the Salamence was a lower level than the Bagon ahahahaha.

Ahaha yep. My hypeness got kinda unhealthy and I feared I might not be able to sleep for months if I were to miss out on it.

And looks like puberty hit that Salamence soon then. :P
    It has happened a couple of times that I was trying to catch a Magby for example and it called for a Magmar and I was just like sure then I catch that guy instead cause wynaut? :D

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Oooh, that's so cool! I didn't know SOS chaining improved your chances to find good IVs too! (Or were you just lucky? :P)

Once I get to the point where you can find wild Sandshrew, I'm probably going to do that as well. ;)
    :D

Some reports say you can get up to 4 perfect IVs by SOS chaining. I'm reluctant to add her to my in-game team in case she has amazing IVs and can be used post-game.

But yes I was lucky people have wrote they have got a 300 - 400 chain and got no shiny.

Sandshrew is pretty late game so might be tricky to chain until post game but it has given me an idea to chain a Vulpix for Shininess in my Sun at some point.

Also Alohan Sandshrew is adorable.

Meadowy

[FONT=Noto Serif][I][B][SPAN="text-shadow: 1px 1px
    Years

I wish I knew about all this chaining stuff, but I'm muuuuch too lazy to delve into the more advanced gameplay mechanics of Pokémon, haha. Except for maybe EV Training, but that's about it. xD

Ahaha yep. My hypeness got kinda unhealthy and I feared I might not be able to sleep for months if I were to miss out on it.

And looks like puberty hit that Salamence soon then. :P
    It has happened a couple of times that I was trying to catch a Magby for example and it called for a Magmar and I was just like sure then I catch that guy instead cause wynaut? :D

In that case, you should also totally play X/Y if you haven't done so yet! xD Kalos was a lot of fun, believe me! The only thing that disappointed me was the post-game, but I didn't mind too much since the actual story kept me hooked and engaged for a very long time. Oh and I also wish Z Version existed but don't even get me started on that, haha.

LOL, I would be seriously tempted to catch a Level 9 Salamence if it weren't for the fact that I happen to like both Bagon and Shelgon a lot more, so I'd rather spend time with the little ones instead. :D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I love chaining so heck yeah Ive tried out SOS chaining! Im curious btw, is Chain Fishing still a thing in sumo?

Also, has anyone else been surprised ingame by the horror that is Araquanid?...
    joj48M4.jpg

Years

Despite Araquanid's creepy appearance, that unique ability Water Bubble is actually what makes it great.

Also, hi again thread. Been way too busy making Pokemon General "great again".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back