• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water Bubbles

Years
  • _script__water_bubbles_add_on_for_essentials_by_kleinstudio-d8v2d8b.png

Configure the terrain tag where you want the bubbles to be displayed and done! I've include two pictures for the bubbles animation, you should put the pictures in Graphics folder. I've ripped the GBA style one but the 5 Gen one is ripped by Zenionith so if you use it, you should give credits to him.

Download: http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=13

How to install
    Place the script in "script.txt" before main and "water.png" in Pictures folder. If you want to use the GBA styled, don't need to place the "water.png" picture, just the "waterGBA.png". Make sure you rename it to "water.png".

How to use
    By default, water bubbles are showed in terrain tag number 16, you can change it modifying "WATERRAINTAG".
    Invisible events will not have effect for water bubbles. Also, if you name add "/nowater/" to an event name or create a comment in the event with NoWater, it will not have water bubbles too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    thanks man I was looking for that for a long time, Also I was wondering if you have that water kind of beach animated tile that is on the HGSS picture ?

Years
  • I've updated the script fixing a bug with event graphic changes, if you're using the script, please, update to lastest version.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    For this script work on V17.2, change line '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(@playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))' into '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new($scene.spritesetglobal.playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))'.

Edit: Look at my below post.

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Sorry to necropost but anyone know how to fix its .z priority? I fixed like FL did:

unknown.png

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    Klein has another script on their site related to Z priority. Im not sure if it would fix this, but it's worth a shot if you haven't installed it yet.

Pikalex04

The Project Hyper creator (Discord: Pikalex04#3285
    Years
  • But where can I find the script? The KleinStudio's link port me to a deleted page.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Klein has another script on their site related to Z priority. Im not sure if it would fix this, but it's worth a shot if you haven't installed it yet.

Nops... :/ Also, i checked: if you have a Dependency Event (like Brandon event into Route 3, vanilla PE) , wont show the effect to him too.

So, maybe we need to put add effect to Dependency Event inside the script.

EDIT: Also, if you install footprints scripts, will show footprints effect to Dependency Event (in case, to following pokemon). Weird. lol

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    For this script work on V17.2, change line '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(@playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))' into '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new($scene.spritesetglobal.playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))'.
    Instead of doing the above step, do the below step:

Change line

Code:
    @waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(sprite,sprite.character,@viewport1)) if sprite.character!=$game_player
    into
    Code:
    @waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(sprite,sprite.character,Spriteset_Map.viewport)) if sprite.character!=$game_player'

And line
    Code:
    @waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(@playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))
    into
    Code:
    @waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new($scene.spritesetglobal.playersprite,$game_player,Spriteset_Map.viewport,@map))

This solves the z order issue.

EDIT: For working with dependent events (like pokémon following), before line
    Code:
    alias water_old_initialize initialize
    add
    Code:
    class PokemonTemp
      attr_accessor :pendingWaterSprites
    end

Change line
    Code:
    @sprite.dispose if @sprite && [email protected]? && !isInWaterTileId
    into
    Code:
    @sprite.dispose if @sprite && [email protected]? && (!isInWaterTileId || @rsprite.disposed?)

Change line
    Code:
    return if disposed? or !isInWaterTileId
    into
    Code:
    return if disposed? or (!isInWaterTileId || @rsprite.disposed?)

After line
    Code:
    water_old_update
    add
    Code:
    if $PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites && !$PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites.empty?
      sprite = $PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites.pop
      @waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(sprite,sprite.character,Spriteset_Map.viewport))
    end

On PField_DependentEvents, after line
    Code:
    @sprites.push(Sprite_Character.new(@viewport,event))
    add
    Code:
    $PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites = [] if !$PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites
    $PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites.push(@sprites[-1])

EDIT2: Fixed dependent events
    EDIT3: Fixed save/load with dependent event.
    EDIT4: Fixed a small mistake

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Instead of doing the above step, do the below step
    If i save the game and load, the effect won't appears. Also, i check one more thing: if we have a event (NPC i.e) in different map, the effect only will show if the player are in the same map than NPC (Tall grass - same script base than Water Bubble - and footprints effects only appears if the player are in the same map than them):
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Lazy Catalyst

What you do, the way you think, makes you differen
    Years
  • That's an interesting finding Wolf I also noticed that after you posted this.

Back