• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Water is Weak to Fire!" *Cringes*

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Remember when Professor Oak made this cringeworthy mistake in the dub? What are some of the most cringeworthy lines in the Pokemon anime to date? (Sub or dub is fine for this question.) Also Casey saying she tried to give her Fire types a bath is even worse on the cringe.

pkmin3033

Oh, Mewtwo Strikes Back is just FULL of these.

"Hurricane winds are a breeze for Pidgeotto here."
    "There goes...Alakazam!"
    "Sandshrew, Nidoqueen, Vaporeon..."

In Pikachu's Rescue Adventure I remember a Poliwhirl advertising itself as a Poliwrath, too. That was confusing, to say the least. I also remember one episode where Officer Jenny prematuraly evolved her Growlithe without actually evolving it.

Plus, did you guys know that Arbok evolves into Seviper?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • "There goes...Alakazam!"
    "Sandshrew, Nidoqueen, Vaporeon..."
    I thought that was just Team Rocket being stupid. That's what the dubbers claimed at least.

"The sun stone can evolve Gloom into Vileplume." Really, Dexter? Really?

A Voltorb says "Electrode" in Pikachu and Pichu.

In Mystery Dungeon: Team Go Getters, Gengar calls Ekans Arbok. Although, I think that got edited in later airings.

Apparently, Combusken is the best choice to battle Ralts.

I remember an advert for the anime on Sky One with this voiceover:
    "Fire melts Steel."
    "Water weakens Poison."
    "Electric scorches Grass."
    While the first one is right, the sad thing was that this ad actually made me think that Water is super effective on Poison.

One thing I find cringey in the anime that isn't a mistake is when all the characters say the same line at the same time such as "It's Team Rocket!" or "Oh no, are you okay?!"

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • The Water-types being weak to Fire-types one was pretty bad, I agree. And while a lot of people seemed to love it, Brock's "I'll use my trusty frying pan... as a drying pan!" line for some reason always made me cringe. I laughed, but I cringed. ; n;

Back