• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weak? Nah..

Noka

I'ma nerd
Years
  • Some pokemon I used that are considered weak:

Tropius(god he was a tough little cookie in Emerald)
    Linoone(same)
    Bidoof/Bibarel(Despite how much I hate these things in the wild, they are surprisingly tough when I used them)
    Mightyena(again, tough little cookie)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Hopip! When it evolved to Jumpluff, it was my best grass type. And it's cute, BONUS!

Also Caterpie turned out to be not-so-bad when it evolves into Butterfree (again, it's another cute Pokemon)

Years
  • One of my pokemon that I have used is Slowbro, and although slow, it took out Koga, Bruno and Lance single handedly in Pokemon Silver, even though it was underlevelled for the first two.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Butterfree and bird Pokemon generally. They were usually the main ones I used that turned out strong. As for Sunkern, which I used for a while, it's weak, but I just use it incase I need someone to distract the Pokemon while I use revive on something else, so it's uh, strong in that sense? XD;

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • My Minun in Ruby. Have'nt defeated Elite 4 yet, but she sweeped Wallace alone, whilst being a lower level than him. Granted, she has type advantage, but it was still pretty epic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Diglett in R/B/Y, holy crap. Dig would just about KO everything in one hit. :o

Also, Furret and Linoone, both managed to surprise me.
    Also in Gen III, Mawile and Sableye, amazing typing and movesets, but the stats were just bad, either way, they both held their own very well.
    Lastly, Arbok, wow. Tough snake.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    ,y beedrill in fr turned out to be pretty strong, he signle handedly took out brox geodude at level 13

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I caught a Pachirisu in Pearl and I used it in my main team throughout the whole game without any trouble.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I remember using a swalot on my pokemon ruby version. nobody really uses swalot to my knowledge, but i seem to recall it was pretty usefull for in game purposes. Ive always kinda wanted to use one again but i never really got the chance.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Clefable. It's suprisingly strong. I think people often compare it to Wigglytuff in the back of their minds, as I did. But I added one to my LeafGreen team once and it turned out to be quite the sweeper. I've used it several times since. A good moveset is all that it needs, since its learnset is rather lacking.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Persian comes to mind. I love its looks but in-game it can be quite powerful, especially against Ghosts and Psychics if you give it Bite or Shadow Ball (Gens 1-3). I especially like Technician ones in Gen 4 because I can frequently get easy 2HKO's by leading off with Fake Out.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • When I went through Sapphire Version with only normal types, I found out that Girafarig was a really good Pokemon, unlike my original opinion of it.

Also, a few days ago in Fire Red, I swept Misty's Staryu and Starmie with a Clefairy at level 17. Good ol' Mega Kick. So yeah, I'd have to agree with whoever said Clefable. XD

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
    Years
  • I use what I like, and what I like isn't typically "da bestest evar." Smeargle, Quilava, Furret, Castform, Ditto, Unown, Delibird, Jumpluff, too many come to mind for me to even name right now.
    Wait...Ditto???Quilava??? And yeah, that happened to me.i trained a Hoppip, and it was awesome.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Also, a few days ago in Fire Red, I swept Misty's Staryu and Starmie with a Clefairy at level 17. Good ol' Mega Kick. So yeah, I'd have to agree with whoever said Clefable. XD

Hear hear.

Also, Vileplume. I don't think it's really regarded as weak, but it's still cast in shadow after Roserade's arrival. D: Remains one of my best tanks.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I'm pretty sure I once caught a Farfetch'd in Pokémon LeafGreen or something. It reached level 55 or something and was able to take down anything that's of type grass, fighting and bug.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Shedinja was another one of the 'weak' Pokemon I've used.
    Nicknamed Soul, him along with Heart (Ninjask) managed to work together to smash all oposition in Emerald. He works very well in competetive gameplay with the FocusSash, which gives it a turn to fight or switch out.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • Marowak.
    He's probably the strongest Pokemon I've ever raised. I don't know if he's considered weak but he's definitely underrated.
    Seriously, get a Marowak, you won't be disappointed.

Back