• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weak? Nah..

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Did you ever catch a Pokémon that many players think it is very weak, but it proved to be a powerhouse in your team?

I once caught a Weedle and made it evolve into a Beedril. I taught it a few flying moves and such, and it won against Bruno alone :O So, yea.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I've used a Delibird online for a few days now, so far it's been doing pretty good. It get's decent coverage plus with it's Hustle ability it makes a decent physical ice type. It's a shame it lowers accuracy though.

Years
  • Please, don't be interested in Formula 1.
    Amazing... Is there something, that you didn't make the thread about?

I used Flareon in Platinum and Leaf Green, which is underrated and It was my powerhouse.
    Also I used Zigzagoon a lot, which I had evolved into Linoone and got him for E4... Good old 71 lvl Jerry.

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    I also had a Beedril when I was playing FireRed, and it was not bad at all.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I remember using Sableye, Castform and Tropius (3 underrated Pokemon) in my old Sapphire game. They fared rather decently.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Bidoof/Bibarel. Despite have a massive type dis-advantage against Grass-Types he beat Gardenia all by himself. He was Lv22, the same level as her Roserade.

Gotta love the DefenseCurl/Rollout combo!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yeah actually I have. I remember training a Butterfree and to be honest it was quite good.
    This might sound cleche' but all pokemon can be powerhouses, even though they might not be consdiered powerhouese or are popular for thier strength in general.

Last edited:

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • Can I state the obvious and say Magikarp? =D
    Other than that... no, not really. I tend to catch weak Pokemon just to expand my Pokedex; I don't really train them. If they have a stronger evolution, I catch that one, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I use what I like, and what I like isn't typically "da bestest evar." Smeargle, Quilava, Furret, Castform, Ditto, Unown, Delibird, Jumpluff, too many come to mind for me to even name right now.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • I currently have a completely awesome Dewgong. She just kills. Everything. I'm not sure if they're underrated, I've just never seen one mentioned.

Also, every team should have a Rapidash

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Mine would have to be Persian. I used one in my FireRed game, and gave her a varied move set. She did great in my game due to the attacks she knew and her speed, and was a valuable asset to my team.

I also like using Butterfree in the early stages of FireRed, and am planning on using it through the rest of the game. It was always a Pokemon I wanted to use more, but gave up in favor of "stronger" Pokemon.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I used a Raticate on Red for a monotype challenge, and it was a BEAST one of the best on my team. Is Raticate considered "weak"? I know most people catch Rattata as HM slaves.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • the ever underrated staraptor is one of my top strongest. Its moves are absolutely unstopable with that speed to let it strike first every time.

mine knows:

brave bird
    close combat
    u-turn
    and the 4th move can be a number of things. mine is return

Kojak

Ace Trainer Kojak
    Years
  • Hmm, I love Raticate.
    Most people dismiss them and the pre-evolution, but they can learn a large variety of attacks that prove very helpful.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Quilava...it's popular, but not considered powerful.

I wreaked Havoc through the whole of Johto with an under-levelled Skarmory...that was fun.

In Emerald, I'm using Mightyena....may have special STAB, but a weak Rock Smash still works thanks to Intimidate...

btw, I don't think Staraptor is considered "weak", however I took out Palmer's Dragonite and Milotic with Choice Band Brave Bird...un-EV'd..

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I always catch Mightyena in the RSE versions and it is not at all weak like some say. Teach it Crunch, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, and Take Down or something, and it will be just fine.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • I used Beedrill back in R/B and thought he was crap, until he learned Twineedle and proceeded to own half the game with it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fearow. I don't really know how it's thought of but I haven't seen it talked of at all in competitive context at least. Does pretty well with stuff like Drill Peck and Steel Wing.

Back