• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weed?

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    You're not. I agree with you, lol. I think legalizing it is a pretty crap idea for everyone who just doesn't want to smoke weed either way, IMO.

DragonRush

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    You're not. I agree with you, lol. I think legalizing it is a pretty crap idea for everyone who just doesn't want to smoke weed either way, IMO.

yea and I don't see how it would make our economy any better considering everyone would be too lazy to do anything lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm totally neutral on this debate as I've never used the stuff nor do I see any logical reason why I should want to, but I do agree with the facts that it's nowhere near as harmful as legal drugs like tobacco or alcohol. =/

I just like to point out the irony that the majority of people that lobby for its legalization argue that it can be used for medicinal purposes when everyone knows full well that these people are more interested in using the stuff casually. XD

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I don't care if they legalize it or not, it just seems silly that it's illegal in the first place. The only reason it's still illegal is that the government can't tax it like they do cigarettes and alcoholic beverages.

The immediate effects are much less life-threatening than alcohol, anyway. You don't hear about stoned drivers killing people very often, do you? And alcohol is legal. Plus, weed is much less addicting and harmful (long term specifically) than both alcohol and tobacco.

The government doesn't want to keep weed illegal for the protection of the people, they just want to keep everyone smoking cigarettes so they can rape them financially somehow.

DragonRush

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I don't care if they legalize it or not, it just seems silly that it's illegal in the first place. The only reason it's still illegal is that the government can't tax it like they do cigarettes and alcoholic beverages.

The immediate effects are much less life-threatening than alcohol, anyway. You don't hear about stoned drivers killing people very often, do you? And alcohol is legal. Plus, weed is much less addicting and harmful (long term specifically) than both alcohol and tobacco.

The government doesn't want to keep weed illegal for the protection of the people, they just want to keep everyone smoking cigarettes so they can rape them financially somehow.

Well yea you don't here about high drives so often because the product is illegal. If weed was legal that stat would probably rise considerably seeing is how it would be sold and used almost anywhere and it would really lazy up what is already and over-weight country.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Well yea you don't here about high drives so often because the product is illegal. If weed was legal that stat would probably rise considerably seeing is how it would be sold and used almost anywhere and it would really lazy up what is already and over-weight country.

I don't think you fully understand the effects of weed.

Short term effects can include paranoia, anxiety/panic attacks, etc. Do you really think someone is going to go out driving when they're afraid to start their car? Not all weed smokers experience these effects but if they are "lazy" as you say then they're not going to go for a drive at high speeds.

Marijuana really doesn't contribute to obesity as much as technology and food do though, so I don't think that should be considered as a factor.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years

Short term effects can include paranoia, anxiety/panic attacks, etc. Do you really think someone is going to go out driving when they're afraid to start their car? Not all weed smokers experience these effects but if they are "lazy" as you say then they're not going to go for a drive at high speeds.

Marijuana really doesn't contribute to obesity as much as technology and food do though, so I don't think that should be considered as a factor.

Lol, although your anecdote did bring did bring another image to my mind... someone high on weed, on the highway, suddenly too lazy to press the gas pedal. =x

I kid, lol, but yeah. xDx

DragonRush

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010

Not really, it's like me saying someone who has no control over their own body function starting up and driving drunk. People that smoke become laid back and relaxed with the intentions of doing nothing but random thrill seekers would somehow manage to jump into a car and without reaction time, crash and kill people.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Not really, it's like me saying someone who has no control over their own body function starting up and driving drunk. People that smoke become laid back and relaxed with the intentions of doing nothing but random thrill seekers would somehow manage to jump into a car and without reaction time, crash and kill people.
    But you do realize how much less likely it is for someone to do that on weed, than drunk or even dry?

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    While I personally do not indulge in the use of marijuana nor do I ever want to, I feel responsible smokers have their right to use it legally, or at least decriminalize it to the point where it only results in a citation/fine for the first couple offenses. I also think it would be to the benefit of the government to legalize it both for its medical uses and so that it could be taxed and regulated. Holland legalized it, along with other drugs, and they appear to be doing fine, no real rise in crime or anything.

tl;dr It couldn't hurt to actually look into the options of legalizing it.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I did an entire debate of the legalization of Mary-ju-ana and why me and my group were for it. Unfortuantly we lost because our class didn't vote on who presented better but what they thought. I think it should be legal for many reasons, but lets say it does become legal and corporations would be able to sell it for money and the government can tax it, that's money that can potentially be put into schools or roads and all of that.
    Also, why should something that is impossible to OD on be illegal and doesn't kill even close to as many people as Tobacco and Alcohol. And not all people get lazy over time, some do and some don't.
    Anyways I hate debating this because I feel so strongly on this subject that I get WAY to into it but felt like I wanted to say something.

Years
    This topic would have been more appropriate a few days ago, but oh well.

I think some of us are underestimating the number of people who have smoked marijuana. I personally know school teachers who do it and they don't let it get in the way of their work. These are pretty responsible people I'm talking about, too, so don't think they're like your most hated math teacher. Legalizing it won't suddenly turn the country into potheads because even though it's illegal anyone who wants it can get it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Weed is used already in hospitals; in Canada, anything under eleven ounces is legal. The type of weed that should be illegal is weed that has been tampered with chemically. That type, normally found in the U.S.A, is dangerous and harmful to you and people around you.

Although I don't like weed and find it a waste of money, I can't deny that I haven't consumed it orally. The effects are mainly hunger and fatigue, and a sense of calmness. It's very, very difficult to become angry on weed - it usually has to be something very important to you that's insulted or threatened for you to become emotive at all.

Weed is only illegal because it grows fast and can make high-quality paper and clothing. They can't tax it, and they don't want the paper industry to be flushed down the toilet because of some little green plant that's less harmful than alcohol.

The legal limit of eleven ounces at a time is fine, though. In Canada, the weed is natural and not touched chemically, so it's fine to consume. The thing about one joint = 15 cigarettes or w/e is totally bogus. There's barely any tobacco in a joint unless you load it up that way. Normally, people use oil to make it burn better - not craploads of tobacco.

In any case, technically it's legal in Canada, and we've kept our high IQ average and actually, in Montreal, where most people do smoke weed often, our crime rate is really, really low compared to cities like Toronto where it's rarely consumed. I'm not sure if that's related, but I can tell you that in personality and in the crime level, the weed-smoking city is safer and friendlier than the non-weed-smoking cities of Ontario.

I don't see why it shouldn't become legal in a limit like 10 ounces, since hospitals use it all the time to help patients.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    yea and I don't see how it would make our economy any better considering everyone would be too lazy to do anything lol

HURRDURR,I CAN STEREOTYPE PEOPLE WHO SMOKE.
    Seriously, why do people always assume people who smoke are lazy?
    My best friend smokes fairly frequently, has straight A's, takes college classes and works all week. Pretty sure that's not lazy.

Also, I'm for the legalization, because it would help our economy. Not only would the taxing of marijuana help, but there would be significantly less money spent on trials and jailing of smokers. Not everyone who smokes is a waste of space, that's just the stereotype.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    If anything needs to be made illegal it's alcohol. More people die from drinking that crap and getting in a car than people get sick from smoking marijuana. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. People only do it because it's illegal. My father is a police officer and he believes that it should be legalised too.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    The problem is that the weed gets weak for someone who smokes it too much. Where'll this person find another pleasure source? It'd happen way more often once it'd be legal and almost everyone would want to try on.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    The problem is that the weed gets weak for someone who smokes it too much. Where'll this person find another pleasure source? It'd happen way more often once it'd be legal and almost everyone would want to try on.

COUNTERPOINT. With weed being legal, the government could regulate the potency and distribution of the substance, eliminating users having to interact with shady dealers, who may or may not have laced the weed with an addictive substance such as cocaine to get you to keep buying drugs from them, thus creating a new addiction.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I think I heard statistically that over a billion dollars is spent on weed a year by consumers.

If that's true, imagine if it were taxed :s Again, though, the government is more concerned about their paper companies than to tax a beneficial plant.

Back