• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weed?

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I think I heard statistically that over a billion dollars is spent on weed a year by consumers.

If that's true, imagine if it were taxed :s Again, though, the government is more concerned about their paper companies than to tax a beneficial plant.

'cause who needs trees anyways, right? o.o

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    The trees are insulted and said that they will be taking the Marijuana plants and moving far far away.

Great, where are we gonna get oxygen now?
    D:

I guess we'll hafta go somewhere else D: or just follow them lol >> They can't get very far. Still on Earth, in any case.

<<

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    The problem is that the weed gets weak for someone who smokes it too much. Where'll this person find another pleasure source? It'd happen way more often once it'd be legal and almost everyone would want to try on.
    That's their own stupidity. People smoke weed a lot nowadays and it's not even legal either. Doubt much would change if it was made legal.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014

I guess we'll hafta go somewhere else D: or just follow them lol >> They can't get very far. Still on Earth, in any case.

<<
    They said they're going to Pluto because its not love, either.

That's their own stupidity. People smoke weed a lot nowadays and it's not even legal either. Doubt much would change if it was made legal.

I agree completely. The only change would be as I said earlier, it wouldn't be laced with anything, and the potency would be moderated.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    yea and I don't see how it would make our economy any better considering everyone would be too lazy to do anything lol

I stopped reading the thread once I read this. I've mentioned my profession previously in other posts and I'll clarify it here: I am a professional critic and analyst. I lobby for smoker rights and for what I call "Human owned conditions". In this, drugs are often covered.

Marijuana does NOT make the smoker lazy. In fact, it doesn't really even give an effect that could be classified as a high. The vast majority of the effects are purely mental. When two groups were tested, one with a placebo and one with real marijuana both groups responded nearly identically to what they were smoking. The only real proven effect of marijuana is a slight decrease in response time.

Marijuana and all drugs in general should ALL be legal. Just as legal as cigarettes and alcohol are. They should have their own individual prohibitions on them preventing users from abusing them in the same way we currently prevent alcohol and cigarettes. We then need to provide a more strict punishment for abusing those substances.

Once we do that, the government needs to manufacture the drugs as that will not only provide a much safer drug but a multitude of revenue that I can't even begin to express.

Plus, it's proven. Kids are less likely to do something if it's legal. So, legalization will most likely actually cut down the amount of addiction.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I don't think heroine and cocaine should be legal :s Those drugs are dangerous; marijuana isn't. Crystal Meth, cocaine, etc. all mess with brain cells and your physical form. They turn you hideous, anorexic, and irritable. You change over time gradually - weed is different, since it's temporary, and you don't change over time. It's not very addictive either. Some people do become addicted, yes, but generally, someone can stop smoking weed (assuming it's not filled to the core with tobacco; then it's just a tobacco addiction) whenever they want.

Years
    Week is so easy to get a hold off, you wouldn't think it was illegal.

It isn't as bad as some other substances, so I would rather it became available.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I don't think heroine and cocaine should be legal :s Those drugs are dangerous; marijuana isn't. Crystal Meth, cocaine, etc. all mess with brain cells and your physical form. They turn you hideous, anorexic, and irritable. You change over time gradually - weed is different, since it's temporary, and you don't change over time. It's not very addictive either. Some people do become addicted, yes, but generally, someone can stop smoking weed (assuming it's not filled to the core with tobacco; then it's just a tobacco addiction) whenever they want.
    Weed?

Nicotine patches and gum are addictive too. Do you want them banned?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Nicotine patches and gum are addictive too. Do you want them banned?

but those are to help you stop smoking; it doesn't change your mental or physical state, except of course, when you don't have any left and want more.

Crystal Meth deforms you; cocaine, too, since you don't eat anymore. That's a bit different than nocotine patches.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

but those are to help you stop smoking; it doesn't change your mental or physical state, except of course, when you don't have any left and want more.

Crystal Meth deforms you; cocaine, too, since you don't eat anymore. That's a bit different than nocotine patches.
    Actually, I believe this states otherwise.

There is growing concern that long-term use of nicotine may contribute to cancer. It also affects how our bodies function -- nicotine puts stress on the heart and increases blood pressure. The Journal of the American College of Cardiology has reported that nicotine harms the linings of our arteries which leads to the build-up of plaque, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke. Additionally, nicotine suppresses insulin output creating a hyperglycemic condition in smokers. The bottom line is that nicotine is a poison, and the human body is much better off without it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Actually, I believe this states otherwise.

If that's true, then eventually they'll ban it like all the other very harmful medecines that have met the shelves over the years. Every medecine is harmful after all. For example, the birth control pill causes blood clots that can lead to heart attacks; the pill can also cause breast cancer. Is it off the shelves? No, because they find it's a small chance and the positive outweighs the negatives. The ones with a lot of bad effects will eventually be removed / replaced.

If nicotine patches are so harmful to our bodies, it should be removed, unless it's at a very, very, very low chance, such as breast cancer and heart attacks with the birth control pill.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

If that's true, then eventually they'll ban it like all the other very harmful medecines that have met the shelves over the years. Every medecine is harmful after all. For example, the birth control pill causes blood clots that can lead to heart attacks; the pill can also cause breast cancer. Is it off the shelves? No, because they find it's a small chance and the positive outweighs the negatives. The ones with a lot of bad effects will eventually be removed / replaced.

If nicotine patches are so harmful to our bodies, it should be removed, unless it's at a very, very, very low chance, such as breast cancer and heart attacks with the birth control pill.
    There's also a much higher chance to get addicted to weed than there is to cocaine, just so you know.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    There's also a much higher chance to get addicted to weed than there is to cocaine, just so you know.

Actually, I beg to differ. Weed isn't addictive at all; of all the people I know who smoke weed, only two are addicted, and they're the unstable ones (one's messed up; the other's a drug dealer). The other fifteen people I know aren't addicted at all. I've had weed and been around smokers, and I'm not addicted.

Cocaine is way more addictive than weed; I don't know where you get the idea that it's more addictive. I've seen enough studies about that, too, and weed is really not addictive at all in comparison :\ Even a stable person can get addicted to cocaine; it's generally the unstable ones that get addicted to weed.

Source
    Source - Cocaine is #12; Marijuana is #15

As for the "addiction likelihood", that's bogus. There's not a 42% chance that you'll get addicted to weed. My fiance has smoked many, many times, and he quit about five months ago and hasn't even had any urges. I'm assuming they tested on people who use chemically-treated weed.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

Actually, I beg to differ. Weed isn't addictive at all; of all the people I know who smoke weed, only two are addicted, and they're the unstable ones (one's messed up; the other's a drug dealer). The other fifteen people I know aren't addicted at all. I've had weed and been around smokers, and I'm not addicted.

Cocaine is way more addictive than weed; I don't know where you get the idea that it's more addictive. I've seen enough studies about that, too, and weed is really not addictive at all in comparison :\ Even a stable person can get addicted to cocaine; it's generally the unstable ones that get addicted to weed.

Source
    Source - Cocaine is #12; Marijuana is #15

As for the "addiction likelihood", that's bogus. There's not a 42% chance that you'll get addicted to weed. My fiance has smoked many, many times, and he quit about five months ago and hasn't even had any urges. I'm assuming they tested on people who use chemically-treated weed.
    I know a lot of people that do drugs too, and not one is addicted to cocaine. I know many addicted to weed, so there you go. Everyone is different, so just because 17 people you know aren't addicted doesn't mean that the other billion other people that smoke it aren't. Don't bring personal issues into this.

We can make a strong case for the fact that marijuana is addictive, because a huge number of people are in a pattern where they use moderate to large amounts of the stuff every day. They might not be physically hooked on the drug but they are using it as a crutch, as a coping mechanism for their life. If they have a bad day, they have to smoke marijuana in order to medicate themselves. If they have a good day, they want to smoke in order to celebrate this fact. If they are sick with a cold or the flu, they need to smoke in order to feel better and be able to function.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    That's true, the quote there. It is used as a crutch, which is why I said that the only people I know who are addicted are unstable in some way. If you're not in a good spot in life, weed can become addictive. If you're really happy, though, and assuming you're not smoking chemically-treated weed, the chances of becoming addicted drop drastically.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Am I the only one that thinks weed should stay illegal?
    I agree. Don't know why people think it's so "cool" to smoke anything. Don't do drugs people. It just shows how lame you are that you can't have fun or a good time without something being pumped into your body or you're smoking it.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    That's true, the quote there. It is used as a crutch, which is why I said that the only people I know who are addicted are unstable in some way. If you're not in a good spot in life, weed can become addictive. If you're really happy, though, and assuming you're not smoking chemically-treated weed, the chances of becoming addicted drop drastically.
    Most people that are happy with their life don't resort to smoking weed in the first place.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Most people that are happy with their life don't resort to smoking weed in the first place.

I'm sure there are some happy people who just like to get the feeling every once in a while. Smoking weed is used by many happy people to "amplify" a situation. I don't personally see it as necessary, but it's not like "Oh, you smoke weed. You're a loser". It's like drinking casually. People do it; does that make them bad? Nope. Same kind of thing with happy people smoking weed occasionally, too.

Back