• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Pixel Challenge (#13) | Inspriation: Make a Scene

Years
  • For this week Lostelle gets fan favorite! You guys are doing really great!

I hope the points don't seem daunting to everyone to catch up! Vendily caught up in only two weeks!
    : ) If anyone has suggestions for challenges or want to redo some, feel free to say it!

Current Standings (Week 4)

9SMJ6rs.gif
    Kirby: 63
    9SMJ6rs.gif
    Vendily: 60
    Nina: 54
    Logiedan: 49
    9SMJ6rs.gif
    M.L : 42
    ZKE: 25
    zappyspiker: 23
    9SMJ6rs.gif
    Lostelle: 15
    Cyberglass: 15
    JohnnyMustang: 10
    Foxrally: 10
    Merlin: 10
    Deltakirby: 10
    Loki: 10
    Tobiasu: 10
    PoLlOrOn: 10
    Spherical Ice: 10
    Juno: 9

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Since I've been playing this game recently, I decided to make a Hearthstone card:
    NP6G3Sy.png

It's the Murloc Raider (couldn't fit in the full name), I just love the goofy noise Murlocs make when you play them. :P
    Spoiler: Original card
    murloc-raider.jpg

Years
  • Sorry guys, doing a few other things right now! Since there's low entrants this time, I might as well extend this till next week!

Years
  • Alright guys, let's get rolling again! I'm so sorry I've been kind of off the ball lately.

Introducing....

Pixel Challenge #6

Tamagotchi

:pokeball: Make a tamagotchi! You can make a pokemon version of one, or anything you like! I'm sure there are different kinds of tamagotchi sprites, but the kind I'm looking for here are black and white only!

Examples:
    Tamagotchi-Eggs.png
    p2.gif

:pokeball: For this week.... (#6)
    You'll get 30 points for doing your first sprite. You then will get 10 points for every sprite after, up to 10 extra sprites.
    We're doing some bonus points this round since I couldn't get to it last week.

Years
  • I will be tallying week 5 and week 6 together! After 24 hours is up I'll round them all up and we'll be back to speed.

We're going to do things a little different this time.

Pixel Challenge #7

Atmospheric
    a study of merrigo​

:pokeball: You are to make a pixel art with works of the pixel artist merrigo (amanda) in mind! Many of you might know that she did some of the artwork for Undertale!

There are many amazing things I can say about this artist, but we are to focus on the atmosphere of her pixel and landscape works.
    She often has a very limited but amazing pallet that tackles large swaths of clouds and skies with minimal, if not any dithering! The lighting in this artist's work is something that should be studied closely.
    I don't want you to copy her work, but to let it inspire you, or try and use the color pallets that she has.

I don't have any set restrictions, but it's recommended to go large!

Examples of Lighting:
    tumblr_o32yfhsavk1qc2xm1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nttdijDlvn1qc2xm1o4_500.gif

tumblr_neaby1N1uL1qc2xm1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nh86exUUg61qc2xm1o1_500.gif

Examples of Landscapes:
    tumblr_o1c95rnBzr1qc2xm1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nk1p2qpKZC1qc2xm1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nj2daz7uxh1qc2xm1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nubqp9ZLey1qc2xm1o1_500.gif

:pokeball: For this week.... (#7)
    You'll get 20 points for doing your first sprite. You then will get 15 points for every sprite after, up to 2 extra sprites.
    I'm willing to give partial points for WIPs so please post them too!

Last edited:

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • :pokeball: You are to make a pixel art with works of the pixel artist merrigo (amanda) in mind! Many of you might know that she did some of the artwork for Undertale!
    Incredible stuff. I can say with certainty that I've never approached pixel work on that level of scale before. I'll see what I can come up with.

ZKE

Years
  • WIP 1.5
    K7NJSlK.png

Started off on Miiverse for the black and white, now going back over in MS Paint to tune up and colorize. The blue thing in the middle of the sky is supposed to be an airship, transitioning from New Camalot up in the background to [unnamed techno-city] in the foreground. Having some trouble making up my mind on the palette - I'm looking at merrigo's work to help with detailing and colors that blend well, and I may keep the blue or revert back to the hot pink from v1.2.

WIP 1.7.4
    iOultJf.png

Thinking I'll need to expand clouds all behind [techno city] to help break up the fleshy-tan background. I have to say, this is a surprisingly fun expedition. I'll trying to keep in mind techniques I've learned and put them to use as I proceed. Not so sure about the airship though.

WIP 1.7.9

NCb9dk7.png

WIP 1.8.3
    utvOgI7.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • WIP 1.5
    K7NJSlK.png

Started off on Miiverse for the black and white, now going back over in MS Paint to tune up and colorize. The blue thing in the middle of the sky is supposed to be an airship, transitioning from New Camalot up in the background to [unnamed techno-city] in the foreground. Having some trouble making up my mind on the palette - I'm looking at merrigo's work to help with detailing and colors that blend well, and I may keep the blue or revert back to the hot pink from v1.2.

WIP 1.7.4
    iOultJf.png

Thinking I'll need to expand clouds all behind [techno city] to help break up the fleshy-tan background. I have to say, this is a surprisingly fun expedition. I'll trying to keep in mind techniques I've learned and put them to use as I proceed. Not so sure about the airship though.

WIP 1.7.9

NCb9dk7.png

WIP 1.8.3
    utvOgI7.png

ZKE This is really turning out great!!! I love seeing the progress on it, I think you've really got it!!

Meanwhile I'm struggling with mine at the moment, I'll go ahead and post a WIP in case I can't finish it.

Uxw3NM5.png

DbfMQYj.png

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    C-can we maybe request an extension on this one? Or can I just turn one in after the allotted time for no points because this is literally the best thing ever but I dunno if I'll be able to participate! /cryyy

Years
  • C-can we maybe request an extension on this one? Or can I just turn one in after the allotted time for no points because this is literally the best thing ever but I dunno if I'll be able to participate! /cryyy

With how long this one is taking me and seeing ZKE work on theirs, I'll just allow you guys another week to turn it in for points, while still having a new theme for next week. I'd really like to give everyone a chance to do this one!

Reactions: ZKE

ZKE

Years
  • ZKE This is really turning out great!!! I love seeing the progress on it, I think you've really got it!!

Thanks! I'm surprised that the process is coming along as smoothly as it has been, actually.
    WIP 1.8.5
    wklspttun8_4.png

I'm experimenting with window style on the towers, kind of aiming for a gothic influence I think? Not sure which tower's panes looks better if either, I may scrap them both and try for something else. Maybe those things gargoyles sit on jutting from the 'floors'.

Nina said:
    Meanwhile I'm struggling with mine at the moment, I'll go ahead and post a WIP in case I can't finish it.
    I think it's coming along quite well. You have Ash and Pikachu down, and the overarching feel of Palette Town, even in the current state, is recognizable.

C-can we maybe request an extension on this one? Or can I just turn one in after the allotted time for no points because this is literally the best thing ever but I dunno if I'll be able to participate! /cryyy

With how long this one is taking me and seeing ZKE work on theirs, I'll just allow you guys another week to turn it in for points, while still having a new theme for next week. I'd really like to give everyone a chance to do this one!
    {:3} That's great. I'm really interested to see who else contributes for this challenge and what else is presented, so c'mon, Kirby, and show us what'cha got!

Edit
    WIP 1.8.7
    mE58m0p.png

Not a great deal improved but I'm satisfied with the windows on the towers now. Added some extra clouds in the background as they weren't looking right in the foreground as I'd intended. Not sure what more I'm going to do with this but I have so much free space remaining that I might have to throw in some extra townage to fill things in.

WIP 1.9
    eS7bXyf.png

Pretty sure I've got this licked. I really don't know what more I can add to Rose Tokyo now that I've got the major architecture finished for the towers. They're supposed to be resting on islands of stone jutting up from the sea, so I suppose I can add a last few textures to indicate stone beneath, but that's about it. I'm really happy with the way this has turne dout.

Last edited:

ZKE

Years
  • Sorry to double-post again. But... I'm done. At least as far as I can tell, at this point.

Complete. V1.9.4
    DlJ91F9.png

Feels good. Really good. I really didn't think I could do this. And... well, it wasn't easy but it wasn't the struggle I was expecting, either. Kudos to Nina for this challenge!

Edit
    Also, have a delightful gif of the process from start to finish.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm lifting the double posting rule on this thread - the way it is for a personal gallery. Art doesn't happen in such an orderly fashion and if someone has multiple entries but for whatever reason can't edit a previous post, they shouldn't be punished for contributing regardless. Just don't go too crazy with it, kids!

Back