• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Pixel Challenge (#13) | Inspriation: Make a Scene

Years
  • I'm lifting the double posting rule on this thread - the way it is for a personal gallery. Art doesn't happen in such an orderly fashion and if someone has multiple entries but for whatever reason can't edit a previous post, they shouldn't be punished for contributing regardless. Just don't go too crazy with it, kids!

That helps a lot with how I'll post the next prompt and then get to the tally the next day without any last minute entries in between! I felt a little bad, but I also felt it was necessary. :0

Years
  • We will be continuing this week's into next week, but will also be having another challenge! So you can do either or both this week!

Pixel Challenge #8

Mockup

:pokeball: Make a game mockup! Even if it's just a start screen, just make a screen that looks like it could be from a game! I'd probably stick with gameboy or gameboy advance games, to keep it simple.

Example:
    AQu5Ic5.gif

pijImLu.png

My example for a show opener.

:pokeball: For this week.... (#8)
    You'll get 15 points for doing your mockup! There's a bit of work into this, so I don't expect multiples.

Reactions: ZKE
    Years
  • We will be on a break now! Due to other things to be dealt with and reformatting of Art School, this challenge is going on a break and might be reformatted/refreshed!

During this time, feel free to make art from any of the past challenges!
    I will be awarding points for any of them you do. So if there was a cool one you missed or just started worked on and couldn't finish, now is the time to do it. : ) Thanks guys for all you've done so far.

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • Presenting the most impressive 3D jousting game you will ever see in your life in 8-bit glory... Knight MII Jousting!

RahLLcc.png

Oh, uh. Where are the knights and horses? Drat! It's one of those games that blanks out the on-screen sprites when you pause it!

Well that's a complication. But hey! Look at those beautiful stats! And the intricate depth of that background! What a stunner, eh?

Sorry guys. I wanted to actually give something worth while here but I just cannot capture a horse or knight on horse back and I'm finding the process to be a lot more frustrating than fun.

Edit
    Well crap, I guess that's what I get for opening the post tab a few hours ago and not refreshing while I was tinkering away at the above.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2018
    We will be on a break now! Due to other things to be dealt with and reformatting of Art School, this challenge is going on a break and might be reformatted/refreshed!

During this time, feel free to make art from any of the past challenges!
    I will be awarding points for any of them you do. So if there was a cool one you missed or just started worked on and couldn't finish, now is the time to do it. : ) Thanks guys for all you've done so far.

Art school ;o; id love to see that

CDB

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Just joined but I figured I should try all of these challenges out for some good pixel art practice haha

Silhouette: (tried to cram a Mantine in there)
    AoOxggW.png

Byte Sized Food: It's a melon!
    hO2Kqw4.png

Tiny: Tried to do speakers but idk if that's clear
    n0oOMSy.png

Resize: Tiny melon!
    hO2Kqw4.png
    qUhdnJh.png

Card: It's a Starmie
    E6hLJJz.png

Tamagotchi: Tried to do Vanilluxe lol
    a7uFAbg.gif
    crV5YkW.gif

Atmospheric: Good ol NYC :)
    6veoHcO.png

Game Screen: went a little lazy with this one haha
    8rNeN5i.png

Years
  • WE'RE BACK AT IT GUYS
    CDB SHOOTS into first by making up the rest of the old ones!

Pixel Challenge #9

Cursor

:pokeball: Make a mouse cursor! Pretend it's the early 2000's and everyone had to have that custom cursor on their webpage. Yes, people still use them now, but usually it's ironically unironically...oh you know!

Examples:
    justinbieberglitter.gif
    doll13glitter.gif
    dragon.gif

(glitter not necessary)​

:pokeball: For this week.... (#9)
    You'll get 10 points for doing your cursor! +3 if it's animated and +5 for each cursor, up to 5 total.

:pokeball: When's the deadline?:
    When the next week's challenge is posted, you have 24 hours left on last week's prompt.

Current Standings (Week 9)

9SMJ6rs.gif
    CDB: 130

9SMJ6rs.gif
    ZKE: 120

Nina: 119
    Kirby: 108
    Vendily: 60
    Logiedan: 49
    Lostelle: 45
    M.L : 42
    Juno: 39
    zappyspiker: 23
    Cyberglass: 15
    9SMJ6rs.gif
    Shibui: 10

JohnnyMustang: 10
    Foxrally: 10
    Merlin: 10
    Deltakirby: 10
    Loki: 10
    Tobiasu: 10
    PoLlOrOn: 10
    Spherical Ice: 10

CDB

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Wooo guess all that work got me to first haha

tbh I didn't even notice this thread; the A&D School is a bit quiet in terms of activity so I didn't even realize that this was moved here, but I will keep this in mind! I don't have anything for the cursor yet, but I have an idea of what I want to do :)

Years
  • Wooo guess all that work got me to first haha

tbh I didn't even notice this thread; the A&D School is a bit quiet in terms of activity so I didn't even realize that this was moved here, but I will keep this in mind! I don't have anything for the cursor yet, but I have an idea of what I want to do :)

Yeah you really did a good work load! You deserve it. :>

I knew that it would have decreased activity, but I'm trying to help art school itself get more activity so...it'll be here for now. Hopefully it'll be joined by more challenges! :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Same here, didn't realize this got moved, haha. Made a little blinking onigiri cursor for this week!

BDZ2B5o.gif

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • This sprite took way longer than it should've. But it's here now, right?

cursor_zpstvip1xvx.png

It's a tree. With fire swirling around it. :S

How is it? This is my first time doing this kind of thing, so all feedback would be appreciated!

EDIT: P.S, is it too late to do Challenges 1-8?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This sprite took way longer than it should've. But it's here now, right?

cursor_zpstvip1xvx.png

It's a tree. With fire swirling around it. :S

How is it? This is my first time doing this kind of thing, so all feedback would be appreciated!

EDIT: P.S, is it too late to do Challenges 1-8?

I feel like it's probably fine to let people to earlier challenges, I guess. :0 Unless anyone else has some objections.

Next challenge coming soon. After I...stop being lazy. ;p

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Can we still put in entries for challenge #9? ;o;

Years
  • 24 Hours Left on Challenge #9!

Pixel Challenge #10

Fish/Aquarium

:pokeball: Pixel a fish! You can also put it in a container/small animations, I'll throw some extra points your way. ; )

Examples:
    free_aquarium_pixel_2_by_cinnabutt-d9nfdnj.png

example by: cinnabutt

:pokeball: For this week.... (#10)
    You'll get 10 points for doing your fish Again, some extras depending if you want to make an aquarium/extra details.

Years
  • tlRnk1J.gif
    QVNG1rD.gif

I can't believe I actually pulled this off. Maybe I'm better than I thought?

Although I did use a semi-transparent pencil to get the water to look cool, and that probably put like a million colors into it. But, it looks good so that's all that matters right? :P

Edit:

Running with the fish theme:

8WZPMC3.gif
    ykwMHz7.gif

In case your background is white, there are white animated bubbles.

Last edited:

CDB

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Sorry I'm a bit late haha but here's my cursor!

3atQhuF.gif

edit: the css cursor is being a bit funky idk why :p

Last edited:
    Back