• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Pixel Challenge (#13) | Inspriation: Make a Scene

Years
Welcome to the Weekly Pixel Challenge!​

Pixel Challenge #13

Make a Scene

:pokeball: Another inspiration round! Make a mock-up, scene, or mood with pixel art! Our example for these two weeks will be from the upcoming game Eastward.

Examples:
tumblr_inline_o9li0fIzS51trzazb_500.gif

tumblr_o2xar0UMPE1urlo7oo3_1280.png

tumblr_o2xar0UMPE1urlo7oo4_1280.png

tumblr_o2xar0UMPE1urlo7oo2_r1_1280.png

:pokeball: When's the deadline?:
When the next week's challenge is posted, you have 24 hours left on last week's prompt.

----------
CHALLENGE LISTS:
Spoiler:

Current Standings (Week 11)

9SMJ6rs.gif
CDB: 153

Nina: 132
ZKE: 120
Kirby: 108
Vendily: 60
9SMJ6rs.gif
Logiedan: 59

Juno: 52
Lostelle: 45
M.L : 42
9SMJ6rs.gif
Merlin: 33

zappyspiker: 23
Cyberglass: 15
CatmanDaTrainer: 10
Shibui: 10
JohnnyMustang: 10
Foxrally: 10
Deltakirby: 10
Loki: 10
Tobiasu: 10
PoLlOrOn: 10
Spherical Ice: 10

Last edited:

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Looks like a fun challenge idea.

snake.png

This does seem to be the popular silhouette, doesn't it? I'll just have to try to come up with something for the other two this week to even things out.

Years
It looks like other people saw a snake too! I was going to go for some funky big-lipped cobra, but I thought of another idea and something close to the community or 'home.'

Nt6uqOP.png

Azc2urZ.png

The anatomy of Sawk looks sort of awkward but I was content with the current look of it. The blob is definitely tough to work around with this idea.

Edit:

First blob:
Tp3iR1h.png

ah8VAgx.png

Last edited:

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
So I don't think I can look at pixels much more tonight.
EDIT: Tuned up a few areas for Zygarde.
Jignr36.png

Another Edit: Man, some of the work you guys are posting is phenomenal. So jealous. Relicanth is giving me no end of hassle on third blob and Octillery refuses to shape up. Might need to try some other 'mons.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Old lady. (I am allowed to fill it in with anything right?)

qrbjyco_by_mllm-d9pumr6.png

Years
Hey guys! You all did great, and I'll tally up points soon and update the first post, but I'm feeling a little under the weather right now.
I will however give you the second challenge! Like I said before, you have 24 hours after this post to just go ahead and finish up the first challenge.

Pixel Challenge #2

:pokeball: This week, we're going to do small pixel foods! Anything you want!
  • Make sure it fits into a 32 x 32 square.
    [*]Use 8 colors total!

:pokeball: For this week.... (#2)
You'll get 10 points for doing your first sprite. You then will get 3 points for every sprite after, up to 5 extra sprites.

Example:
HpkwIkU.png

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
How do you guys pixel so well on a regular basis ;-;

W63AgxD.png

oBsapkJ.png

First time trying pixel art from scratch - 4 colours is hard :s
I'll be back to fix this later for personal sanity.

Reactions: ZKE

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Almost forgot to post this! Thank goodness for those 24 hours.
pelican.png

Just a regular pelican, but inspired by Pelipper's colors.

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
I think that looks pretty good zappyspiker.

And now for my last and sloppiest entry, but first some (dis)honorable mentions for the failures!

One ugly Roserade 2x and a shoddy Mismagius were the next-most completed of my six attempts at this silhouette. The earliest three don't even bare mentioning at this point.

Blech. So, enough wasted words. Have a terribad Lugia for my last submission. The anatomy is, uh, awry, with the foot facing us raised and the tail swinging around the back of the body.
iX1ENN3.png

Years
7 colours + 1 for transparency
green apple

qnMxj0T.png

UnBbcfS.png

This challenge gave me pretty good practice with colour choice and hue shifting. I think it could use more touch-ups but I'm content with it. I'm not that great with shading fruit, especially a multifaceted fruit like an apple.

Back