• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #6] What generation did you start with?

What generation got you into Pokemon?

• Generation I

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Generation II

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Generation III

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Generation V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Generation 1 came before I was born, too young to play 2 so, 3--LG and FR--.

Years
    Gen 1. My first was Yellow but I was so young I didn't get it.
    A few years later, when I was older got Emerald, and since have been back to play Gold.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I started with the 3rd Gen, Sapphire. But that was borrowed from friend so my first owned game was Diamond and that's why Sinnoh is my favourite region, though I haven't played Black/White yet. Platinum is an awesome game.

Kunny

Caterpie's a boss
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    1st gen of course.
    The original pokemon will ALWAYS be my favorite.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Darn it i'm too late to poll. :(

Well, I started off with Generation 1 - My older cousin gave me Pokémon Yellow version for my birthday, I was so young and hardly knew how to play it properly - I used to get happy when I caught a random Pidgey.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I started with Gen 1, well LeafGreen, not the older ones like Yellow.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    The video games I started at Pokemon Crystal, Gen II. I had already been watching the show, because of it my brother gave it to me and here I am today, still a fan. More so than him. For the Anime, it is Gen I which I started at, but I stopped watching it and it was Gen III that brought me back to the Anime of Pokemon.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    I got into the anime and overall franchise during generation one. Once when I was at a boring clothing store (well, for a four-year-old is was torture) I found a random Pikachu plush. The store didn't recognize it as a store item, so they gave it to me for free. I still have it somewhere. I had a Gameboy Color then, but I never got Pokémon for some reason. I remember I used to watch my cousins play theirs. My first game was generation three, Pokémon Ruby.

Years
    yo dudes i just joined the poke community!
    i started with the 1at gen. also with pokemon yellow

im more into the d/p series now. actually im working on a hack for fire red any ideas would be appreciated.

sionara

The Ice Type

HUGE Girlpowershipper <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    On the same day I got into the TGC and the anime when I was eleven. When my fourteenth birthday rolled around I finally got my first game: Pokemon Crystal. I've played at least one game for each generation except the fifth (still waiting for my copy of Black to arrive). Fourth gen turned me off for a while but that only lasted until Platinum came out.

So... technically I started with first gen, but gamewise I started with second gen.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    I started off with the first gen, it was the only one available when I was poke-aholic :p
    I was like... three? ... Four? Anyway, I started off on an emulator because my bro wouldn't let me borrow his game :( and all of a sudden he said: Hey, guess what? I placed pokemon on the PC, now you can play it on the pc. ... It was just to get rid of me though... *still got an original Yellow gamecard that works but refuses to save*

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I started with gen 1 I have played all the first 3 rec, blue and yellow. I have been into it ever sense.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I started with the 1st Gen, Pokemon Yellow it was. Although after that I played Pokemon Red and Blue.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I started with Silver, really shortly after that I obtained Blue, Sapphire and Emerald. :>
    I actually got Crystal after Platinum, though. O_O

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I started on Generation 3. I saw my friend playing Pokemon Sapphire one day and I was intrigued. I saw him surfing on his Swampert and I immediately thought that I should buy the game, so I asked my dad to buy me a Pokemon game and he bought me Emerald. :)

Back