• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Quest #2: One a Day! (Winners!)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
  • Wooo! I finally caught a Paras!

That makes 3 points!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Alright guys, it's time for the lucky number 7 as we enter the final day of our quest and there's a suitably lucky pink Pokémon to end it with. There's not a chance that many of us will come across this little lady and you might need a nurse if you faint when you. Today we're hunting for the rarest Pokémon so far which just so happens to be the pink Pokémon:

JMSuIMq.png

Day 7 BONUS (August 6 & 7th): Chansey!

Alright guys it's here! I told you today would be a hard one and oh boy was I not lying. We'll have two days for this bonus challenge as she is incredibly hard to come across and that'll give everyone a little extra time to catch up on the past weeks. If many people get this one I'll be very impressed, so she's worth a whopping 5 points! Post your screenshots once you have caught it and remember to show the date. As long as the date in your timezone is August 6 or 7th when you capture it then it counts for 5 points, or if she was captured earlier in the week then she'll count for 2 points. Very good luck to everyone :)

And of course, new entrants can still join the competition whilst the hunting is underway! We're almost at the finish line now but you can always enter the Pokémon from previous days!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Wow wow wow. We'll see!

How will you handle it if there is a tie?
    If both people have the same points then it'll go down to who completed more of the days and if that's the same as well then I'll set one final challenge for the winners! It doesn't really matter as the top three people all get the prize but I'm happy to give another challenge to choose a winner if that's what people want :D

Years
  • Woo! I actually caught a pokemon on the correct day (and also caught a Kakuna earlier in the week, but not on the right day)

picture.php
    picture.php

Going on a proper hunt tomorrow, hopefully I'll manage to snag the ones I'm missing (though I have doubts about Chansey considering I've never even seen on 'nearby')

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Almost forgot to upload:
    M16pNKN.jpg

Alright guys, it's time for the lucky number 7 as we enter the final day of our quest and there's a suitably lucky pink Pokémon to end it with. There's not a chance that many of us will come across this little lady and you might need a nurse if you faint when you. Today we're hunting for the rarest Pokémon so far which just so happens to be the pink Pokémon:

Day 7 BONUS (August 6 & 7th): Chansey!
    Well, you're too kind, knowing that I already caught one earlier this week.

Might as well share again here for reference:
    d57f3l1.jpg

I'll take my collective 4 points.

I will be amazed if I find another Chansey (on the "right" day).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Well, you're too kind, knowing that I already caught one earlier this week.
    Unfortunately I had chosen all 7 Pokémon before the event was posted but trust me I was strongly considering removing her just to stop you winning again ;)

Remember guys you can vote for which event you want for next week at any point if there's one you want :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've loved this event and would really like to see it back again soon.
    Hm, if this is a common sentiment then I could always look into running both at once? Continue with a different weekly quest each week but have a daily quest running alongside it and we can see who gets the most points as the daily quests progress? Then rarer Pokémon days could be worth more points than common ones and perhaps there'd be a period for each Pokémon where you can turn it in for less points than catching it on the day it's announced? Then we could have prizes for reaching certain point thresholds... What does everyone think, would you guys want this?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I like the idea of doing it a lot more often, but an endpoint to the competition is also nice. I would be fine doing either.
    Hmm ok I think we can work with this. I don't want to repeat the weekly quests too often as the point of this is to have some variety in how we're playing the game, but I think the One a Day quest can easily be ran alongside the main quest every few weeks and we'll just have both at once when it is. How does that sound?

Years
  • Hmm ok I think we can work with this. I don't want to repeat the weekly quests too often as the point of this is to have some variety in how we're playing the game, but I think the One a Day quest can easily be ran alongside the main quest every few weeks and we'll just have both at once when it is. How does that sound?

I like it!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Today is the last day of catching guys, all Pokémon you catch must have been caught by the end of August 7th! The contest will then end on August 8th to give a final day for people to submit their entries :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Back