• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to vBulletin 3.7!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I'd imagine very little added strain.. its just a couple more sql queries..

it will all work out and once you all are used to it you'll find most of the 'improvements' and 'features' useful and maybe cool even.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    The profile function looks promising, I'm sure it'll make up for the (on first sight) rather useless bookmark function.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Rep is back… is that a glitch or did you guys decide to reinstate it? never mind it's gone again =D

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I'm glad that PC has finally been updated to a new version. I remember going to forums of other people with this same version, and it was a while back. I don't why you guys never updated, but I'm sure this is much better.

I still have to get used to this, though, but it's really nice!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm liking these new updates, kudos to the vB team!

The only thing I don't like is the fact that we have to write all our old friends down again. We could have been warned beforehand so we could have copied our friends list down :S

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Pshhh... I have a lot of friend requests to do now. T_T Thanks for making my life easy. >:

XD Just kidding. I like the new thing :D

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I'm glad that PC has finally been updated to a new version. I remember going to forums of other people with this same version, and it was a while back. I don't why you guys never updated, but I'm sure this is much better.

I still have to get used to this, though, but it's really nice!

Ahh I remember that discussion. I've started a thread here where I asked if we're upgrading to 3.7

Well the answer was yes but we would only upgrade to the final release of it since the betas are too bugy. Well RC's are better betas where the most bugs are fixed so it will be ready for release soon (RC = Release Candidate). I think that's the reason why.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I actually can't get the background image feature to work. I put in the link and it doesn't show up when I preview.

Anything wrong I'm doing, or is it a bug?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I guess this stuff is pretty cool. I mean, it will definetely bring PC together more socially. I mean, this makes it more of a social site than a pokemon fan forum. w00t!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Other than that, sure, maybe the profile stuff is a bit frivolous, but eh, it's not like it's hurting anything. It makes organizing friends a bit easier, at least, although I just don't get the purpose of profile comments (what with the PM system still around and all). Kinda reminds me of Facebook... and then Gaia. Oh, Gaia.
    Well it's just that I feel like lots of this stuff is pointless.
    The tags feature probably will come to use but honestly, is customizing a profile's color REALLY that much of a big deal? (other than those artsy creative people). If you want to customize something, you have signatures. And with the friends system, there's pms.
    *sigh
    btw, how does one go about removing these bookmarks?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    but honestly, is customizing a profile's color REALLY that much of a big deal?

To be honest, it's not, but sometimes, stuff like that just gets bundled into a new version of a board anyway. For example, all those features? vBulletin's doing, not an addon by PC. So, I figure if there's really no way for the admins to disable them, then your best bet is probably just to not use them. And yeah, I know that some profiles come with pretty eyeburny colors, but eh, I personally haven't touched my colors, so if someone else does, that's fine by me, you know?

Not to argue or anything, I mean. It's just it might not be possible to blame PC here if something's useless. You could probably put in a word at vBulletin's board, though. I'm sure they'd be happy to have feedback about their product, and the suggestions you make there could be reflected in PC the next time another upgrade is released.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    i have been noticing the changes. it seems a lot more high tech. even though some stuff comes out as x's. and when i upload pictures the quality gets messed up.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think Blossom Shower needs to be fixed. See pics attached.
    I know. I'll be working on fixing it up ASAP, but I have a report to finish by tomorrow, so all I've done so far is upload any image I notice missing. ^^; If you notice anything else up with the theme, send me a PM or something. :'D

Back