• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I decided to put a lit firecracker up to my face so I could stare at it. Two seconds later, boom. It took a few days for me to start seeing right. I have a small scar on my face from it.

But once, I almost rolled right into a barbed wire fence. I was running down the road on the side of my house to go down to the 'storage' trailer (Old mobile home that we started using to store crap in after we moved into the house) The road I was running on was on a slope, and I was running downhill. (Yes, stupid, I know.) I fall and roll down the road and stop about 5 feet from the barbed wire fence.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love it whenever a conversation goes to crazy injuries that people have gotten, because then I just go 'all i've done is hit a huge rock while biking downhill and sprained my ankle' because unlike everyone else, I have no excitement in my life.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Thats not called lack of excitement, its called not being a idiot.

Well, except for what happened to Vaporeon7's friend. In his friends case, he just had some really bad luck.

Edit - As for snowball fights, im usually the one who lobs basketball sized snowballs with the precision of laser-guided bombs.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Snowball fights are always most fun when you've got the cannon for an arm and can hit people in the face from 30 yards. >:3 mwhaha.

You're like this but with snowballs.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    AWW NUUU TOUJOURS WHAT YOU DONE LOL that's not mah Live ;-;

I love snow but I hate it when I walk to school and I'm just being buried in snow/ice balls by local kids.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I hate snow. Growing up in the frozen tundra that is upstate New York will do that to a person. It's not beautiful, or anything of the sort. It's annoying and increases braking distances and reaction times and makes the idiot drivers around here even worse.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    This winter will be totally different for me ._. Apparently here in Horsham people hardly even get 5cm of snow.. and back in Toronto we usually get like 2 meters *_*.. It's.. gonna take some adjusting!

Years
    I've got a fun snow/injury story. Went skiing for the first time so I wasn't that great at it, hit a patch of ice, face-planted and left a big smear of blood on the ice. Now my nose is slightly bent off center, but at least my name, Cameron, now suits me to a T. It means "crooked nose."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Thats not called lack of excitement, its called not being a idiot.

depends on your outtake on it, i suppose!

ouch. that must have hurt, scarf! i've gone snowboarding, but i don't remember injuring myself while doing it. of course, i wasn't too good at it, so i was careful.

Years
    Geeeez Scarf the worst snow / ice related incident I've suffered from is slipping and landing on my ass.

This winter will be totally different for me ._. Apparently here in Horsham people hardly even get 5cm of snow.. and back in Toronto we usually get like 2 meters *_*.. It's.. gonna take some adjusting!

HEY KURA! YOU PLANNING ON MEETING THE OVERLORD AT YCS BRIGHTON IN A WEEK'S TIME?

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I've never been skiing or snowboarding before, but I've been ice skating. And I was terrible at it. I always stayed near the edge of the ice rink to hold onto the barriers because I was so terrified of falling over. Amazingly, I only fell over twice (one was my fault, the other time someone dragged me down with them) and it did hurt a bit but surprisingly not that much. I'll probably never go ice skating again because while it was sort of fun attempting to skate with friends, it wasn't really my thing. I'm also afraid that I fall the metal rods in my back could snap. So yeah, no more ice skating for me!

But sledging > all other winter sports. Nothing like finding a huge hill covered in snow and whizzing down it on a sledge. Even if we get snow this year (which I don't really want, today in Scotland we've been attacked by almost 100mph winds, so no more bad weather please) I won't be able to sledging because of the metal rods. ):

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love ice skating, but it always takes me a few goes around the ring to get the hang of it, since I rarely do it. Never been skiing, or snowboarding before though. Never any huge sledding either, only small hills when I was younger. =3=

Years
    That certainly sounds likes it was a wonderful spill, Scarf.

Despite living in a state that is cold enough 4 months a year for outdoor ice rinks and for skating on frozen lakes, I've never been ice skating in my life, and I've only been skiing 3 times.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Ice skating at Somerset House is so cool (heh... double meaning of 'cool')! It's this sixteenth century ex-sorta-palace whose outside grounds get turned into an awesome ice rink for winter. It's really good you get to see all this great architecture whilst skating. The only trouble is that it gets really busy when the schools break up, so you need to do it as early or as late as possible to get a nice atmosphere.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    I love ice skating. Its one of the few physical activities Im actually decent at.

I may try to post more on this forum....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back