• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Enjoy the snow while you have it, y'all. Climate change is going to mess up your weather and you might be baking this time next year.
    Netherlands has yet to prove itself in that, I think there were only a few times where it was hot here, and even that was only relative; it was about 25 degrees. I died of heat though, 20 is my limit.

Years

Oh hey, it's snowing outside right now.

Not bad!

HOWEVER!

It's never a good idea to get into a card spamming battle with the Overlord for he knows way too much about card games!

Wigglytuff is so old school! THAT "DO THE WAVE" IS SO OUTDATED! MOVE ASIDE!!!

THIS IS WHERE IT'S AT NOW! WITH A FULL BENCH, IT HITS FOR 100 DAMAGE INSTEAD OF A PATHETIC 60 AND IT REQUIRES ONE LESS ENERGY TO USE!!!

I suspect it will be a few more weeks before it starts snowing over here.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Highly unlikely it'll affect the weather that drastically where I am located. Maybe there won't be snow on the ground, but it probably won't be over 80 F outside.

I'd probably still get snow here where I live in Pennsylvania, as I'm far north enough for it to still snow; but like donavannj said, it probably won't be 80 degrees outside.

Years
    Highly unlikely it'll affect the weather that drastically where I am located. Maybe there won't be snow on the ground, but it probably won't be over 80 F outside.

When I saw you had posted in this topic mere minutes after me, I truly expected some amazing Pokemon TCG spammage. You have let me down V_V

Years
    I am further north than Philadelphia, but I think Philadelphia's more likely to be without snow than Minnesota because it's far closer to an ocean and its weather patterns reflect that.

When I saw you had posted in this topic mere minutes after me, I truly expected some amazing Pokemon TCG spammage. You have let me down V_V

I'm a little distracted to do TCG shenanigans. Besides everyone knows this Arceus is the best card ever:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I am further north than Philadelphia, but I think Philadelphia's more likely to be without snow than Minnesota because it's far closer to an ocean and its weather patterns reflect that.

I'm a little distracted to do TCG shenanigans. Besides everyone knows this Arceus is the best card ever:

that card looks awesome arceus coming out of the CARD OMG

Also to everyone here that lives in Australia: isn't it strange to have hot sunny weather while most other parts of the world are snowy during Christmas, which is also mostly the characteristic of it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    that card looks awesome arceus coming out of the CARD OMG

Also to everyone here that lives in Australia: isn't it strange to have hot sunny weather while most other parts of the world are snowy during Christmas, which is also mostly the characteristic of it?

I had a friend wayyy back when that was from Australia and she told me that her family uses fake snow and stuff in their decorations and it made me sad!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have only seen snow three times in my life. I'm still surprised when someone uses snow in a series set here in Spain to symbolize Christmas XD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I wish we had it here in England more. I spent months looking forward to snowball fights, lol. I'm such a kid sometimes!

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years

Not bad!

HOWEVER!

It's never a good idea to get into a card spamming battle with the Overlord for he knows way too much about card games!

Wigglytuff is so old school! THAT "DO THE WAVE" IS SO OUTDATED! MOVE ASIDE!!!

THIS IS WHERE IT'S AT NOW! WITH A FULL BENCH, IT HITS FOR 100 DAMAGE INSTEAD OF A PATHETIC 60 AND IT REQUIRES ONE LESS ENERGY TO USE!!!

Adorable <3

Obviously it doesn't snow here and I'm thankful for it. I almost froze in my exam this afternoon because it rained all day and admin had the a/c on high apparently -.-

Years
    I wish we had it here in England more. I spent months looking forward to snowball fights, lol. I'm such a kid sometimes!

You know when it snows, snow ball fights are really fun at school. It's great to have a laugh throwing snow in the face of your peers and such. When the snow is gone however, all that's left are these icy rocks and some kids still go hurling these stone hard lumps of ice around and it can get pretty nasty and the fun stops when someone gets moderately wounded by one of them.

Years

You know when it snows, snow ball fights are really fun at school. It's great to have a laugh throwing snow in the face of your peers and such. When the snow is gone however, all that's left are these icy rocks and some kids still go hurling these stone hard lumps of ice around and it can get pretty nasty and the fun stops when someone gets moderately wounded by one of them.

Those ice chunks are freaking dangerous. My 7 year old sister got one thrown at her by a boy at her recess yesterday in school (the kid missed), so she decides it'd be a brilliant idea to throw it back at him because he threw it at her first. I think she hit him straight in the head with it (that or she's got a rocket for an arm), since he started crying afterward and she got caught throwing it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Well, that kid and my sister were tossing ice chunks at each other... not exactly what I'd call good, clean fun.
    I kind of question why they were out at recess in the first place. At least where I live when it's cold enough for ice to form we have inside days.

I took a piece of Ice to the eye before, it scratched my cornea and made the vision in my eye fuzzy in spots until it healed.
    It it makes you feel better I have fallen into ponds of ice multiple times. And I have taken a pvc pipe to the eye so that's just about as worse.

Years
    I kind of question why they were out at recess in the first place. At least where I live when it's cold enough for ice to form we have inside days.

It's different in Minnesota. You know it's going to be cold, so you better dress your kid appropriately. As long as it isn't snowing out or it doesn't drop down to about -20 F, they're going to go outside.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back